Cardale Jones taking 2nd team reps

MAJBobby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it stupid when they have the option to not exercise the extension? The hope was that he would progress to the point of making the decision easy to extend.

Yup

IMO if the Bills had any ideas of signing him to anything they let him play sunday. They're not therefor I don't think there is any interest at all of bringing him back no matter how cheap he might sign for.

Answer this, if you're Tyrod, do you want to sign here with what has just gone down or are you going to see what else is out there?

Edited by old school

Yup

IMO if the Bills had any ideas of signing him to anything they let him play sunday. They're not therefor I don't think there is any interest at all of bringing him back no matter how cheap he might sign for.

Answer this, if you re Tyrod, do you want to sign here with what has just gone down or are you going to see what else is out there?

I don't think this means anything other than the Bills are keeping their options open. They likely have a short list of QBs they prefer, and there's also a new HC's input. If for whatever reason the new HC doesn't like TT, they move on. If they have a way to get a QB they prefer, they move on. If neither of those happen, they keep Tyrod.

I don't think this means anything other than the Bills are keeping their options open. They likely have a short list of QBs they prefer, and there's also a new HC's input. If for whatever reason the new HC doesn't like TT, they move on. If they have a way to get a QB they prefer, they move on. If neither of those happen, they keep Tyrod.

yes. They don't have to make the decision on him for months. They are protecting their ability to make that decision.

Yup

Answer this, if you re Tyrod, do you want to sign here with what has just gone down or are you going to see what else is out there?

If you're Tyrod, you don't like it but you understand. For the Bills, it's a no brainer. The next head coach should have a big say in whether or not they keep TT. The Pegulas have a boatload of money and like to make a big splash. They may very well want to throw a lot of money at Cowher or Gruden or a big name college guy. I'm not saying it's smart or not, only that they really should be prudent and look around for a HC rather than just handing it to Lynn, even if that is the likely endgame. So they need to protect TT.

As far as TT goes, he's probably unhappy now and doesn't know if he will be back. But as soon as the decision is made, which is the Bills and not his, if he is the guy and Lynn or another guy is the coach, TT has 27 million dollars and is thrilled to be back.

Ok we disagree as I think they want to move on from him.

To keep him, Tyrod also has to want to stay. From everything I have read from all the pro Tyroders, there will be a bidding war for his services should the Bills cut bait. I don't think so, we shall see.

Tyrod made some good $ this year. He will at least be a backup again somewhere and make some more good $. The only place I see really going after him is SF if Kelly remains the coach, but possibly not because of his issues reading defenses. Even then he will be lucky to get the $ he made this year. I do believe his time in Buffalo is now over though, regardless of Lynn's comments.

Tyrod made some good $ this year. He will at least be a backup again somewhere and make some more good $. The only place I see really going after him is SF if Kelly remains the coach, but possibly not because of his issues reading defenses. Even then he will be lucky to get the $ he made this year. I do believe his time in Buffalo is now over though, regardless of Lynn's comments.

Do not overlook Denver.

The only gripe TT can possibly have here is that he would probably torch the Jets and put up another 3TD making his numbers look that much better if he is indeed cut. This Jets team is brutal. This current Jets team is easily the worst team we've played all season. The Browns were at least trying to win so they wouldnt go 0-16. This Jets team gave up weeks ago.

So yeh, if im TT I want to play vs the jets. Put up another 250-300 all purpose yards and score another 2-3 TD.

I think you are wrong. If you read national reports outside of Buffalo, this offense and TT are much more highly regarded outside of Buffalo. TT would get paid well bc all you need are 2 teams bidding. And there are more than 2 Teams that need a QB.

I hope he gets in there for a series or two. Sign Bradford, draft the Miami U QB in round two. Then if Bradford is hurt or stinks you have two young guns and you hope one will work out.

OMG! Has anyone ever watched Bradford play? What Jedi Mind Trick powers does he possess that makes people think he is nothing but a dime a dozen NFL qb?

The only gripe TT can possibly have here is that he would probably torch the Jets and put up another 3TD making his numbers look that much better if he is indeed cut. This Jets team is brutal. This current Jets team is easily the worst team we've played all season. The Browns were at least trying to win so they wouldnt go 0-16. This Jets team gave up weeks ago.

So yeh, if im TT I want to play vs the jets. Put up another 250-300 all purpose yards and score another 2-3 TD.

Don't be surprised if the Bills look like a team that his quit too come Sunday. Bowles will be back next year, at least; no one knows who will be coaching the Bills. It's bad vibes all week here, and that'll affect play.

If this team was actually smart they'd bench Watkins, btw. He really needs to heal fully.

Still think it's a bad decision to walk away from Tyrod considering the options out there.

This doesn't mean they are walking away. It simply doesn't force them into keeping Tyrod until they review everything.

And I get your point but I hate the idea of keeping someone simply because you don't think there is an upgrade. You should keep TT if you think he is good enough to win.

Again, we win between 6-8 games ever year no matter who the qb is.