Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

No, if you understand the situation it's not the trainwreck outlets like ESPN are painting it as. I've seen several national guys say the situation with Whaley is incredibly toxic and Marrone ran away to avoid it, when in reality Marrone's contract contained a clause he would be foolish not to exercise and I do believe he had the Jets job lined up until they got scared off about tampering charges.

Some people are convinced Belichick holds some personal vendetta against us and is out to screw us every way possible.

Sure because all that makes a good story. Completely false but good story

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deranged Rhino,

How is improving a team from 4-12 to 9-7 not impressive? Even with Brady out that only adds 2 wins he added 5 more that's impressive IMO.

Also 1 game under .500 against BB and you think that is bad? Have you SEEN the record for the AFCE against the Pats with ANY coach? (It is not that close ton.500) he also made the playoffs once. A stat that most Bills fans would find as a positive.

As for O'Brien he took the job that was available and he thought he have the best success in after Penn State HC gig. He was right so far.

I'm not saying Patricia the next BB but he could be a damn good HC if given time.

Some people are convinced Belichick holds some personal vendetta against us and is out to screw us every way possible.

The ONLY team BB truly dispises is the Jets. Troy Brown has said more than once that BB drills them harder for the Jets week than any other week and if they lost the next week of practice was hell.

Of course intelligence counts, and again I'm not offering any of this as fact, just my opinion in a conversational sense. :beer:

It's just not the end all be all of deciding on a coach. There's football smarts, situational smarts, people smarts, and book smarts. Not everyone who's book smart has those other smarts -- which are arguably more important. MP. from all I've heard from players I speak to, is book smart and people smart (as in players like him). I can't speak to the rest and his football smarts are an unknown as he has no track record outside of BB... and BB/Br*dy can cover for a lot of sins.

When I look at MP I see a guy who has never coached outside of NE. His stops in college were minimal, he's a complete unknown outside of BB's shadow. If he were to come to Buffalo he'd be going from the penthouse to the outhouse in terms of organizational structure and competence. He'd have no HOF QB to save his bacon and no HOF mentor to help out. He'd also lack the organizational and fan support that he's enjoyed while a DC.

And, even if he wanted to implement his own version of the p*triot way, he would have to work with Whaley and deal with a desperately fickle fan base who has zero patience for the type of structural rebuild that would probably be required -- especially when he's getting his butt handed to him twice a year by his former boss.

The press loves to fawn over the p*triots, because they win. Thus, guys like MP and JM get more hype than they deserve when it comes to the "hot candidates" in any off season. I know people want to give JM a second chance, and he'll get it. But it shouldn't be here imo. MP could be a surprise... but based on his complete lack of a CV outside of New England, it's a big bet to make.

These are all good points. But sometimes you gotta roll the dice on a person who may be a supreme talent. Having said this, I think the chances of him being hired by the Bills are roughly zero percent given Whaley's role in the process.

But he is not.

Gase was a Product of Manning. Oooops

Ha - He seems to get more out of tannehill. But Miami has invested a ton in that offense. Receivers in rounds 1 and 2. Other picks and extensions along the line. Tannehill is overpaid even if you think he's ok.

Then you get to their defense... Lot of cap tied up in the defense, and they haven't drafted well there. They'll need to cut bait with a few overpaid guys to create extra space to find their replacements. They'll also need a solid draft this year as they have 2 old edge rushers, and the depth isnt great (dion jordan looks like a loss). They will probably need linebackers. They'll likely look to upgrade their corners (Tyrod taylor shredded them guys...).

Remember this for the Dolphins lovers- theyve basically won all the games we won (got chargers W, we got oakland L while they got Tenn L, we got Jax W). They beat us twice... so that really is the gap between us. Their W against pitt was their only impressive win.

Ha - He seems to get more out of tannehill. But Miami has invested a ton in that offense. Receivers in rounds 1 and 2. Other picks and extensions along the line. Tannehill is overpaid even if you think he's ok.

Then you get to their defense... Lot of cap tied up in the defense, and they haven't drafted well there. They'll need to cut bait with a few overpaid guys to create extra space to find their replacements. They'll also need a solid draft this year as they have 2 old edge rushers, and the depth isnt great (dion jordan looks like a loss). They will probably need linebackers. They'll likely look to upgrade their corners (Tyrod taylor shredded them guys...).

Remember this for the Dolphins lovers- theyve basically won all the games we won (got chargers W, we got oakland L while they got Tenn L, we got Jax W). They beat us twice... so that really is the gap between us. Their W against pitt was their only impressive win.

I by no means think the Dolphins are or built for a long term run. Just pointing the narrative on Gase was a product of Manning.

Year 1 takes a blah team to playoffs with even their BU QB

I by no means think the Dolphins are or built for a long term run. Just pointing the narrative on Gase was a product of Manning.

Year 1 takes a blah team to playoffs with even their BU QB

Gase is this year's Todd Bowles. He was beloved last year after year one. This year he's on the hot seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are we not interviewing him for our head coaching vacancy? He has been part of a winning culture for years and knows bellicheat inside out. Their defense always seems to have our number, along with everyone's number in the league. Is there something I'm missing beside the failures of McDaniels and Mangini?

He took one from the Charger's, are we that terrible of an option?

Hmm live in beautiful San Diego on the beach and have a real deal franchise QB or go to Buffalo where you have 2 years to make the playoffs or you are fired and good luck finding a QB. Tough choice

He was a top choice of mine. nothing wrong with having a rocket scientist as HC.

He actually started off coaching offense, then OL then LBs/DBs then DC. He knows both sides of the ball.

Plus he is from Central NY. He makes a lot of sense as a candidate IMO.

Maybe he said no, though.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Hmm live in beautiful San Diego on the beach and have a real deal franchise QB or go to Buffalo where you have 2 years to make the playoffs or you are fired and good luck finding a QB. Tough choice

Rivers doesn't have much time left.

Why are we not interviewing him for our head coaching vacancy? He has been part of a winning culture for years and knows bellicheat inside out. Their defense always seems to have our number, along with everyone's number in the league. Is there something I'm missing beside the failures of McDaniels and Mangini?

Is he good because he's good. Or is he good because BB makes him look good?

Is he good because he's good. Or is he good because BB makes him look good?

I understand the history of these guys once they no longer have Brady on their team, but I think he is a brilliant guy who has coached offense and defense, is equally good at both, and would be a perfect candidate for HC.

Many HC who are "offensive guys" or "defensive guys" are actually better at HC than scheming up the X's and O's. If you are talking about organization, attention to detail, and ability to think through situations he would be my #1 choice and it's not even close.

Apparently Rivers (age 35) ages, unlike Brady (age 39)

The Patriots coordinators do not go anywhere without Bill Belichick's Ok according to our Patriot poster here.

Makes sense. Why would they want to come here?

So, they are not allowed to interview without bellicheats approval? I thought the NFL doesn't allow that with upward moves?