Breaking News: Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan Fired

I love the hire and was so excited. But last year killed it for me. So much talking and so little results.

Still, I'm sad and I wanted to be wrong about Rex. He seems like a very likable guy and we won't have a coach with his personality in a long time. Sadly, it seems he never learn from his failings in New Jersey. You can be a player's coach and still hold people accountable.

That said, I could see Rex as a good college coach. He'd be a great recruiter. Either way, he will be awesome on TV.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that were true they would have exercised his fifth year option. It's just more media silliness.

This

I think they did when they drafted him.

Now? I'd be stunned if they thought this.

Yep. Not even a "poor man's Roethlisburger". But they may have had that in mind when drafting him, in fact I think I recall that comparison being used around draft time.

Somewhere in this thread someone commented that wrecks main problem was not taking the time to self evaluate his coaching style before jumping back into a HC job. This rings true because of the type of coach wrecks is known as, a "players coach" IMO he lost the jests in his last couple years when the players started to realize they could take advantage of wrecks because he was a "players coach" instead of an environment of respect and accountability it became more and more undisciplined and eventually lead to wrecks losing the team. When he came into Buffalo, instead of buckling down and modeling what a "players coach" should be he buddied up to the players and got played out pretty darn quick.

Somewhere in this thread someone commented that wrecks main problem was not taking the time to self evaluate his coaching style before jumping back into a HC job. This rings true because of the type of coach wrecks is known as, a "players coach" IMO he lost the jests in his last couple years when the players started to realize they could take advantage of wrecks because he was a "players coach" instead of an environment of respect and accountability it became more and more undisciplined and eventually lead to wrecks losing the team. When he came into Buffalo, instead of buckling down and modeling what a "players coach" should be he buddied up to the players and got played out pretty darn quick.

Jenny Vrentas of MMQB suggested that.

Just checking in....are they STILL fired?

It will help me sleep tonight if this is confirmed.

The national morons who say it was too soon have not been paying attention. In theory I get where they're coming from, but no, just no. I was OK with another year to be thorough, but Rex is just too Rex. Hiring his brother and all his other cronies to the GIANT staff felt like an attempt to gain as much favor as he could with as many people as possible.

Edited by Augie

If I had to guess I'd say Hughes said this.

The hire made no sense.

Rexs scheme relies on smarts rather then physical talent. Bills were(still are somewhat)physically talented upfront and played FAST in Schwartz simple wide nine get after the QB scheme. It was obvious since week 1 last year, even in the victory over the Colts Rex's scheme slowed these guys down a ton.

Whatever you think of Rex, (certain) players basically admitting that they are not smart enough is not a good look for them or the team.