Mike Francesa dead on when we hired Rex 2 years ago (video)

Estro

Doug Whaley did a lousy job drafting this past year and that was supposed to be his forte. He has never proven that he can pick a QB or a coach. He is out of his league as a GM. I live near Clemson. Everybody here, I mean everybody, knew that Shaq Lawson was going to need surgery. How the Bills blew that pick and got a pass still amazes me. He may turn out to be ok, but did absolutely nothing this year. All that crap about how they couldn't believe that he was on the board at 19 was such a joke. The local Clemson sports radio guys all felt he was a day 2 pick based on his shoulder.

Im not basing my opinion on Rex based on the video (even though he IS right about the majority of the points he brought up), but I'm just done with Rex.

I know the whole "you need consistency with same coach to succeed" mentality but the truth is that Rex made this team worse than it was before he got here.

In other words, he made the team better, because winning only hurts the franchise. Now we get higher draft picks.

No it shows Pegulas used the HC hire to try and change a perception and national optics of the Bills Organization

Same as he did with Sabres

Well it's not working

Doug Whaley did a lousy job drafting this past year and that was supposed to be his forte. He has never proven that he can pick a QB or a coach. He is out of his league as a GM. I live near Clemson. Everybody here, I mean everybody, knew that Shaq Lawson was going to need surgery. How the Bills blew that pick and got a pass still amazes me. He may turn out to be ok, but did absolutely nothing this year. All that crap about how they couldn't believe that he was on the board at 19 was such a joke. The local Clemson sports radio guys all felt he was a day 2 pick based on his shoulder.

Awesome this makes me feel so much better thanx!!

The only things Francesa has ever been dead on about are the heroin nods and falling asleep on air.

When I first read this thread title I thought it was saying Mike was dead lol.

Thank god for the Pegula's the 7 and 9 buffalo bills is better then the 16-0 Toronto bills

yes because we would be 16 - 0 in Toronto :doh:

He got Rex everything he wanted this Draft that on him or Rex.

Didnt hire Rex Pegulas did. That on Whaley or Terry

He took one QB so far thats proven???? Jesus really

the only mistake they made with the Lawson pick that made them look stupid was that they came out immediately and said he didn't need surgery and would start day 1. Had they come out and said he would most likely need surgery and would get it immediately so he wouldn't miss much time it would have looked so much better on them. Instead they look uninformed and stupid, kinda like trying to convince people trump is a smarter business guy then the Pegulas instead of just being a better con artist who can convinces dimwitted people that he is some smart investor who made himself from nothing

The Pegula's remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies. They are "new" money people. Unlike people who inherited their wealth like Trump, the new money people often remind me of lottery winners. They are gullible and spendthrift, making silly purchases that evaporate their wealth overnight. Pegula outbid the Donald to show he "arrived" and was a player. Trump smartly smirked laughed it off and said Pegula overpaid, and because he spent too much Buffalo would "never be a winner".

By all accounts Pegula is a smart man, but with new de-regulation coming for the fracking industry there could be a boom/bust period in the natural gas industry. With federal lands being opened for development to fracking its possible the new POTUS who is as smart as he is wicked may still harbor a grudge against Pegula.

When we turn to Pegula's spending we can see a cause for concern. So far Pegula has dropped $189 million on the Sabres, $1.4 billion on the Bills, and $102 million to his alma-mater Penn State. He's also splurged developing the harbor center which cost over $180 million.

The Pegula's fell for the salesman Rex Ryan, like they fell for Russ Brandon's council. Want to rebuild a suspect franchise? Start by distancing yourself from company yes men.

Add it all up and Pegula may be just about maxed out his cash reserves. What could hurt Pegula is the "Russ Brandon" effect or the general consensus that many long term fans are growing apathetic to the franchise. Apathy doesn't drive new revenue. This can be evidenced by tracking season ticket churn rate and the half empty stadiums thanks in part to the general concession tickets simply not selling in late season games. When this happened before Brandon was able to get liquidity by pitching the ludicrous idea that Toronto could stabilize the Bills franchise. This was sold as these are late season games that generally fans don't want to attend. I don't recall late season games being much of a problem in the late 80s early 90s.

Brandon is a great marketer, but he looked amateurish in the video series of how the Bills traded up for Sammy Watkins. Brandon's lust for putting PR and marketing above developing a winning culture will almost certainly cost Pegula hundreds of millions of dollars. When Pegula realizes a new stadium is untenable due to declining TV and falling ticket revenue he will be forced to finance a stadium that a post-industrial Buffalo cannot afford.

It can be said that Pegula is a lottery winner simply living a dream he hasn't woke up from. Sadly for us fans we are living a 17 year nightmare.

We have a Trumpanzee!

The Pegula's remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies. They are "new" money people. Unlike people who inherited their wealth like Trump, the new money people often remind me of lottery winners. They are gullible and spendthrift, making silly purchases that evaporate their wealth overnight. Pegula outbid the Donald to show he "arrived" and was a player. Trump smartly smirked laughed it off and said Pegula overpaid, and because he spent too much Buffalo would "never be a winner".

By all accounts Pegula is a smart man, but with new de-regulation coming for the fracking industry there could be a boom/bust period in the natural gas industry. With federal lands being opened for development to fracking its possible the new POTUS who is as smart as he is wicked may still harbor a grudge against Pegula.

When we turn to Pegula's spending we can see a cause for concern. So far Pegula has dropped $189 million on the Sabres, $1.4 billion on the Bills, and $102 million to his alma-mater Penn State. He's also splurged developing the harbor center which cost over $180 million.

The Pegula's fell for the salesman Rex Ryan, like they fell for Russ Brandon's council. Want to rebuild a suspect franchise? Start by distancing yourself from company yes men.

Add it all up and Pegula may be just about maxed out his cash reserves. What could hurt Pegula is the "Russ Brandon" effect or the general consensus that many long term fans are growing apathetic to the franchise. Apathy doesn't drive new revenue. This can be evidenced by tracking season ticket churn rate and the half empty stadiums thanks in part to the general concession tickets simply not selling in late season games. When this happened before Brandon was able to get liquidity by pitching the ludicrous idea that Toronto could stabilize the Bills franchise. This was sold as these are late season games that generally fans don't want to attend. I don't recall late season games being much of a problem in the late 80s early 90s.

Brandon is a great marketer, but he looked amateurish in the video series of how the Bills traded up for Sammy Watkins. Brandon's lust for putting PR and marketing above developing a winning culture will almost certainly cost Pegula hundreds of millions of dollars. When Pegula realizes a new stadium is untenable due to declining TV and falling ticket revenue he will be forced to finance a stadium that a post-industrial Buffalo cannot afford.

It can be said that Pegula is a lottery winner simply living a dream he hasn't woke up from. Sadly for us fans we are living a 17 year nightmare.

Lotta credit for committing to posting this word salad in full. This is so far flung from reality I can't even begin to address it, besides pointing out what others have already said above. I'll lend you my compass, map, sextant, crampons, sherpa, and sloop. Meet us back in the real world and post again. Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

Lotta credit for committing to posting this word salad in full. This is so far flung from reality I can't even begin to address it, besides pointing out what others have already said above. I'll lend you my compass, map, sextant, crampons, sherpa, and sloop. Meet us back in the real world and post again.

Thank you for the offer Zulu Cthulhu are you so sure you don't need me to sherpa you to the summit? The sky is much brighter on the top.

The majority of Bills fans don't follow college football. This allows many of our fans to have non biased views on many of the guys we draft. Most of our fans base their opinion of rookies solely on what the team or "draft gurus" say about the players. College fans, and people who live near major college programs seem to know more about the guys the Bills draft. These are the people who are less likely to heap constant praise on Whaley, and think too highly of our players. For example I know some are still infatuated with Manuel, and don't think he was a bad pick. Ask any FSU fan if the guy has/had a chance for NFL success, and they'll tell you there is no chance.

Based on what I always have heard from my Jets/Mets cousins, Mike F hates everything about the Jets. If you are a Jets fan, he is the guy you listen to when you want to get pissed off.

I'm not sure he hates them, but MF is an unapologetic Yankees/Giants fan so yes, he has different standard for the Mets/Jets.

Of course it makes his job a lot easier when you look at how well the Yanks/Giants organizations have been run and how poorly the Mets/Jets organizations have been run over the past 25 years.

Based on what I always have heard from my Jets/Mets cousins, Mike F hates everything about the Jets. If you are a Jets fan, he is the guy you listen to when you want to get pissed off.

Something happened in the past and the Jets will not allow players or staff to come on his show anymore. But I think he was correct about Rex.