Vikings Secondary Ignores Coaches, Made Up Own Gameplan

Malazan

This seems pretty crazy. You hear about this kinda stuff, but it's usually not so brazen and usually..like...a QB. Hilarious, that they got torched until they followed the gameplan the coach told them to use.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18346099/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-coach-mike-zimmer-game-plan-covering-jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- As Jordy Nelson had a banner day against the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday, the team's defensive backs apparently devised a strategy to cover the Green Bay Packers wide receiver independent of what coach Mike Zimmer wanted.

After Minnesota's 38-25 loss to the Packers, Zimmer explained that the Vikings had planned for cornerback Xavier Rhodes to shadow Nelson. Rhodes, though, said the Vikings' cornerbacks had decided on a different plan during the week, opting to have Rhodes stay at right cornerback, with veteran Terence Newman or second-year player Trae Waynes at left cornerback.

This seems pretty crazy. You hear about this kinda stuff, but it's usually not so brazen and usually..like...a QB. Hilarious, that they got torched until they followed the gameplan the coach told them to use.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18346099/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-coach-mike-zimmer-game-plan-covering-jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers

How does Zimmer not notice that before halftime??

Allegedly he did, told them to cut it out and they refused until halftime. I'd say bench the culprit but it was the whole secondary

Could he borrow a stun gun from security? What a mess!!!

If Zimmer is canned i am calling him IMMEDIATELY

I can honestly say I have ZERO opinion on Zimmer, but serious reservations about a coach who has a mutiny on his hands and is unable to manage it. Admit to not knowing enough, but how often does THIS happen?

Could he borrow a stun gun from security? What a mess!!!

I can honestly say I have ZERO opinion on Zimmer, but serious reservations about a coach who has a mutiny on his hands and is unable to manage it. Admit to not knowing enough, but how often does THIS happen?

As Brazen as this from these players think first time.

Players ignoring a coach and free lancing alot.

I am not sure i would hire him as a HC i am talking more as a DC. But i am definitely talking to him.

that's the problem with these players is they don't want to follow orders, thinking they know better when they really don't.

i don't think he can see

:lol::devil:

Allegedly he did, told them to cut it out and they refused until halftime. I'd say bench the culprit but it was the whole secondary

I would have sat them all, teaching idiots to follow is more important than winning as that will lead to winning latter.

If Zimmer is canned i am calling him IMMEDIATELY

:thumbsup:

So to recap:

The Vikings plane went off the runway.

The Vikings secondary implemented their own coverage scheme, which blew up in spectacular fashion.

The Vikings managed to turn over a ball on a snap so botched it could just as easily been called a false start on everybody.

Minnesota's season is becoming increasingly Kafkaesque. Watch for Sam Bradford to turn in to an insect next week.

As Brazen as this from these players think first time.

Players ignoring a coach and free lancing alot.

I am not sure i would hire him as a HC i am talking more as a DC. But i am definitely talking to him.

It would be easier if you did this in coherent English.

@rapsheet

Dug deeper on #Vikings CB situation: Xavier Rhodes told Mike Zimmer he felt compelled to listen to Terence Newmans instructions sources say

In the 1Q, Rhodes informed Zimmer that Newman told him the vet could cover Jordy Nelson. Rhodes relented, then covered for Newman postgame