Bills should finish with 4th highest scoring offense...

Big Turk

So which is it Lynn did so much make him the HC or he is just schlebing another guys Offense?

I think it would be even better with him running his own...if you can make things work with concepts that aren't even yours, I think that's even more impressive

I think it's schlebing.

Yeah that too

I think it would be even better with him running his own...if you can make things work with concepts that aren't even yours, I think that's even more impressive

So he took the top ranked run team didnt f it up

Took a low ranked pass team made it worse and Thats impressive to you?

Lets also talk about their 3 and outs also very high in the league but hey this offense is awesome

I think we will be fifth in scoring after this week. We have three total non offensive touchdowns which is lower half in the league. We don't have a lot of turnovers that gave us great field position. Our FG kicker is going to be cut. Our return teams do not put us in great field position. Our defense often gives up long time consuming drives which greatly hurts offensive stats for a variety of obvious reasons. We haven't had Sammy most of the season and not healthy any time in the season.

Our offense, and Tyrod, are not the problem.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I think we will be fifth in scoring after this week. We have three total non offensive touchdowns which is lower half in the league. We don't have a lot of turnovers that gave us great field position. Our FG kicker is going to be cut. Our return teams do not put us in great field position. Our defense often gives up long time consuming drives which greatly hurts offensive stats for a variety of obvious reasons. We haven't had Sammy most of the season and not healthy any time in the season.

Our offense, and Tyrod, are not the problem.

Taylor was a scapegoat all season but what was ignored until recently was the defense. They have been manhandled by NY Jets, NE (game 2), Seattle, Oakland, Miami 2 times and Pittsburgh. Only loss that did not look horrible in was against Baltimore. 5 losses the Bills scored or more points.

Taylor was a scapegoat all season but what was ignored until recently was the defense. They have been manhandled by NY Jets, NE (game 2), Seattle, Oakland, Miami 2 times and Pittsburgh. Only loss that did not look horrible in was against Baltimore. 5 losses the Bills scored or more points.

Yep. The defense not only gave up a lot of points, they gave up a lot of long drives, they didn't shut down teams on drives to put the offense in good field position, they didn't set up the special teams to put the offense in good field position, they didn't get timely turnovers or sacks or big stops to get the momentum going or fans rocking or change the complexion of the game. Just the opposite in fact. Demoralizing. That's a huge difference.

I'm so disappointed by this defense. The eye test most of the season has shown me the D is the bigger problem. The much bigger problem. I figured after the hideous Baltimore game that the O would fail but overall they've held their own save a few moments here and there. In the biggest moments the D could not bail them out or close teams out. I would re-sign everyone on offense and make wholesale defensive changes. Something is wrong when you give up rushing yards like that...and at home no less in two out of three weeks

A Lynn has done a wonderful job with this offense.

He was given a QB with accuracy problems. An OL with some weaknesses, And a WR corps decimated by injuries.

He took all that and put up a ton of points.

Yes, there were too many 3 and outs. Yes, the passing attack didn't put up enough yards. Yes, we didn't win enough games.

Still, you gotta be impressed with Lynn's first year as an OC.

A Lynn has done a wonderful job with this offense.

He was given a QB with accuracy problems. An OL with some weaknesses, And a WR corps decimated by injuries.

He took all that and put up a ton of points.

Yes, there were too many 3 and outs. Yes, the passing attack didn't put up enough yards. Yes, we didn't win enough games.

Still, you gotta be impressed with Lynn's first year as an OC.

Why?

He took a offense that was too in keague in running and didnt f it up?

Took a bad passing attack and made it worse

What really is impressive about status quo?

In franchise history...Bills need to score 21 points to get to 4th highest scoring team in franchise history...if they score 32 or more they will move into 3rd place...

And yet the offense is the problem?? What are people thinking? Lol...likely the only 3 Bills teams that will have scored more than this team after next week are the 1990 and 1991 super bowl teams and the 1975 team...

And here we sit at 7-8 with an 8-8 finish likely.

Defense or lack there of is killing us

youre comparing a crappy franchise against a crappy franchise.

A better measurement would be how high scoring this team is against the rest of the NFL. I doubt we're the 4th highest.

Edited by Idandria

Why?

Status quo?

#12 in the NFL in yards per game. #7 in points per game. Despite lacking a NFL caliber RT. Despite no franchise QB. Despite playing 2nd and 3rd string receivers.

I'm not sure what you want from a 1st year OC.

Why?

Total yardage and points are up this year. It's not like our D is getting all these turnovers and we capitalize on great field position. We move the ball and we get points.

The offense produced one of the greatest rushing seasons I've ever seen, as a group and by Shady. The defense squandered it (special teams didn't help).

Rex Ryan is a defensive coach who can't coach defense. If he was an offensive coach I might have more of an issue with the performance of the offense at critical moments. But to allow Miami to put up 34 on you at home, with the season on the line and its backup QB at the helm is simply inexcusable.

The defense is garbage and the coach who brought it here needs to go.

So we have a great running game in a league built on passing. So what? I get you think it's good enough. It's clearly not. Oakland had a defense similar to ours and a MUCH BETTER record thanks to an explosive passing game.

Dude Oakland has the 4th most points in football, we have the 6th. They've literally only scored 21 points more than us all season long- 3 TD's. And in fact we've scored the exact same number of offensive TD's! And their defense isn't even good. Does that put in perspective for you how bad our defense has been? You're obsessed with this idea that passing = explosions and fireworks and balloons, etc. and rushing TD's don't count. OUR OFFENSE IS ON PAR WITH OAKLAND'S!!!!!!!!!!

This board is genius. A top 10 scoring offense and #12 ranked overall offense two straight years but running offenses don't work in the NFL and the QB is the problem. It's a mystery to me how people who understand so little about football spend so much of their time on an internet message board discussing football.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Status quo?

#12 in the NFL in yards per game. #7 in points per game. Despite lacking a NFL caliber RT. Despite no franchise QB. Despite playing 2nd and 3rd string receivers.

I'm not sure what you want from a 1st year OC.

Took thag same offense and didnt mess it up. Cool Roman would have done the same by the end of the year.

Took a bad passing offense and made it worse.

What is impressive about a 15 year RB coach that took a firing to get promoted

Dude Oakland has the 4th most points in football, we have the 6th. They've literally only scored 21 points more than us all season long- 3 TD's. And their defense isn't even good. Does that put in perspective for you how bad our defense has been?

This board is genius. A top 10 scoring offense and #12 ranked overall offense two straight years but running offenses don't work in the NFL and the QB is the problem. It's a mystery to me how people who understand so littlr about football spend so much of their time on an internet message board discussing football.

Once one of the COT post the advanced stat that shows how much TT attributes ti scoring you can quanify it. Until that you give him credit fir Shady

Took thag same offense and didnt mess it up. Cool Roman would have done the same by the end of the year.

Took a bad passing offense and made it worse.

What is impressive about a 15 year RB coach that took a firing to get promoted

Once one of the COT post the advanced stat that shows how much TT attributes ti scoring you can quanify it. Until that you give him credit fir Shady

I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

But yet again, I am in the church of Tyrod and a "fanboy" because I think he's between the 20-25th best starter in the league. Where do you have him ranked?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Dude Oakland has the 4th most points in football, we have the 6th. They've literally only scored 21 points more than us all season long- 3 TD's. And in fact we've scored the exact same number of offensive TD's! And their defense isn't even good. Does that put in perspective for you how bad our defense has been? You're obsessed with this idea that passing = explosions and fireworks and balloons, etc. and rushing TD's don't count. OUR OFFENSE IS ON PAR WITH OAKLAND'S!!!!!!!!!!

This board is genius. A top 10 scoring offense and #12 ranked overall offense two straight years but running offenses don't work in the NFL and the QB is the problem. It's a mystery to me how people who understand so littlr about football spend so much of their time on an internet message board discussing football.

Let's put it this way, you mouth breather. If the game is on the line and a clutch pass play is needed (which happens a lot) who do you count on? Carr and the raiders or tryhard and this sorry bunch

And still out if the playoffs with a very weak schedule. Cool though thanks

That was exactly my next thought

You don't think the offense played well or well enough to win? And please don't say did they win, as if no matter what one side of the ball does it doesn't matter if they don't win. That's clearly untrue.

I think the comment was, that many points, a weak schedule and still a poor overall record.

No, the whole season matters. But he was playing short handed. He wasn't great but he was better than the alternatives, and I think people like yourself don't realize how his skills make this offense better. You have Joe Flacco on this team, who is clearly a better QB, and he gets !@#$ing killed, is lousy, and our running game is 2/3 of what it is.

Is Flacco clearly better? He is mostly below average during the regular season who gets helped out a lot by a good defense...They don't score a lot of points.

In the playoffs he transforms into superman, but in the regular season he is more like Clark Kent

This board is genius. A top 10 scoring offense and #12 ranked overall offense two straight years but running offenses don't work in the NFL and the QB is the problem. It's a mystery to me how people who understand so little about football spend so much of their time on an internet message board discussing football.

Yup...They don't work...Dallas has the lowest pass/run ratio in the NFL at 50.5%...They are 12-2. Seems to work pretty well there. You know what else they do? They excel at stopping the run...giving up a league low 80 yards a game.

Tennessee is second lowest pass/run ratio...ever hear Prescott or Mariota getting bashed for not throwing the ball enough? Bills are 30th at 51.74% PASSING...meaning they pass more than they run...and quite a few more running plays are actually Tyrod scrambles on pass plays so that dilutes it even further.

Last year we had the lowest pass/run ratio at 49.9%...the 2nd lowest? Carolina at 50.12% who was 15-1 and in the super bowl. Seattle won the super bowl in a year they ran more than they passed...

There is NO evidence that you cannot win games by running the ball and playing great defense...in fact it's exactly the opposite, in that a lot of teams who have made it to the super bowl and won did just that.

Edited by matter2003

You know what sucks is an avg. of 25.9 pts/game places us 7th this year. 5 of the 6 above us will most likely be division winners. The only one not going into the tournament above us is New Orleans.

What's the common thread with us? Both New Orleans and us suck on defense! It made me sick the Dolphins running game go for another 200+ game.

I agree with the breaks. I believe Pittsburgh and KC will win today. We had it in hands as the Jets have mailed it in. They look worse than the Browns right now.

Defense is a mess but the kicker missed two and that is the story of this one

Sure 37 points win it. The point here is against the dolphins and a second string QB, with the alleged Buddy Ryan Disciple brain trust, 31 should be enough too.

Ajayi has over 400 yards on buffalo in 2 and 800 yards in the other 13. In not sure what this defense is designed to do, other than display incompetence