OC Lynn as HC, really!

USABuffaloFan

I don't think that's it. It's also the teams and internal guys, not ESPN, who have promoted him. Reminds me of when the steelers hired Tomlin. They were impressed with his knowledge, demeanor, and leadership skills. Being a good tactician was of less importance.

I know nothing about Lynn. But this could be the same reason teams like him.

I think the Parcells connections play a role as well. He's produced some really good head coaches.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning teams usually don't need a new head coach

Bills needed a HC coach after a 9-7 team. Our Sabres HC got fired after a 106 point season. What on earth are you talking about. If your not in the Superbowl your job could be at risk. Do you really think if Belichek retired NE would look at a HC that currently is a coordinator with less than 1 year experience?

Bills needed a HC coach after a 9-7 team. Our Sabres HC got fired after a 106 point season. What on earth are you talking about. If your not in the Superbowl your job could be at risk. Do you really think if Belichek retired NE would look at a HC that currently is a coordinator with less than 1 year experience?

I guess you don't know the meaning of usually. Usually:

ADVERB
  1. under normal conditions; generally:
    "he usually arrives home about one o'clock"

We don't even know what kind of offensive strategy he employs. He's has been using a few of his ideas but the majority has been a cut-down version of Romans scheme. You can't completely change offensive theory in the middle of the season. I would like to know what his philosophy is before he is hired as HC or even full time OC. The ground and pound hasn't gotten us to the promised land and Shandy is not getting any younger, so I would hope he has a bit more passing in his playbook. We need more of a balanced attack, so if we need that 2 min drive to win the game we have a plan in place to be able to pass the ball. Also what would he be looking for in a defensive plan of attack. Stick with the 3/4-5/2 or back to the 4-3, which I personally believe we have better players for on our roster right now. Not opposed but not on board until we know more about him and his football ideas.

I guess you don't know the meaning of usually. Usually:

ADVERB
  1. under normal conditions; generally:
    "he usually arrives home about one o'clock"

So a person that throws a statement out that "Usually winning teams don't need a HC" can't get facts thrown at him because he is hiding behind a statement because he uses the word "Usually". That protects him from response? You must be a Liberal minded person. Go ahead and SPIN, the fact is that not all teams that hire HC's do so because they are losing. Losing teams generally are losing because they USUALLY make bad choices. Winning teams USUALLY make good HC decisions and don't select from a pool with limited leadership qualifications, USUALLY!

http://www.wgr550.com/REPORT-No-decision-on-Rex-Bills-High-on-Lynn/22970994

If this report has any merit and Bills actually do this it will be proof they have no clue what they are doing. He hasn't even been hired as a OC yet for a year and your going to promote him to HC. His passing attack stinks too and your going to promote him to HC. How much worse can this situation actually get. Rex fired Roman promotes Lynn to OC then get fired because Bills like him better. What a story this will make in the national media!!!

He's a candidate for other jobs. Just as he interviewed for open jobs last off-season as well. It's not far-fetched at all. The National media actually respects A. Lynn. For those in the "continuity" camp, firing Rex and hiring A. Lynn would be that. The players know him and like him. Yet, he presents a very different persona than Rex.

I'm not saying they should or should not hire him, but he's a legit candidate.

You can't expect teams to learn new systems every two years (or in the case of the D, almost every year for the last six) and succeed.

It depends. There's many examples where a new system gets absorbed by the players for immediate results. Wade Phillips takes over a defense and they instantly become better for example. For me it's about the right systems, being taught the right way - can work quickly.

Lynn is the beneficiary of having McCoy. Take that away and the Bills are ordinary.

But you can't take that away. They do have McCoy and he does exceedingly well. They don't need to apologize for that.

No caveats need to be made either. Belicheck won how many before Brady took over?