Jerry Hughes and more Rex support (sorry)

genosmith

Hughes just posted he has had hamstring injury since September. This makes sense as had 4 sacks in first 4 games and 2 since. So to recap this great 4-3 defense that Rex inherited has one dline gone (not that he's good anymore regardless of scheme and he's not a winner), and one injured/suspended for half the season and the other one playing hurt. Plus your two linebackers that are good are castoffs from other teams and Rex has them playing well, but for some reason only Doug Whaley gets credit for this. You ever consider Preston Brown isn't that good without 4 monsters in front of him. (Side point what happened to Corbin Bryant-he's injured right?) Don't have to get into safeties which is obvious. Your number one receiver has either missed time or played injured the entire season and your #2 is clearly injured now, not to mention the rest of the banged up receivers. Yes, the defense should be better (and maybe will be with more of his type players) but the team is .500. This is not even close to worthy of being fired.

Lastly, related to the 2014 team he inherited- 9-7 DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN YOUR TEAM IS ON THE RISE!!! It's not given you will have playoff birth next season. Cardinals were 13-3 last season. How they doing with same coach. What about Redskins? These are teams that kept their same coach. And kept their quarterback. And had a first round pick. And they all "regressed." If this team was so well set up do you honestly think Marrone would have bailed???????

You can post I'm not a real Bills fan (that's accurate as once you fire Rex I will hate Bills) but please if you want to respond disagreeing with me, then actually respond to the points of why this team would be much better without Rex.

Hughes just posted he has had hamstring injury since September. This makes sense as had 4 sacks in first 4 games and 2 since. So to recap this great 4-3 defense that Rex inherited has one dline gone (not that he's good anymore regardless of scheme and he's not a winner), and one injured/suspended for half the season and the other one playing hurt. Plus your two linebackers that are good are castoffs from other teams and Rex has them playing well, but for some reason only Doug Whaley gets credit for this. You ever consider Preston Brown isn't that good without 4 monsters in front of him. (Side point what happened to Corbin Bryant-he's injured right?) Don't have to get into safeties which is obvious. Your number one receiver has either missed time or played injured the entire season and your #2 is clearly injured now, not to mention the rest of the banged up receivers. Yes, the defense should be better (and maybe will be with more of his type players) but the team is .500. This is not even close to worthy of being fired.

Lastly, related to the 2014 team he inherited- 9-7 DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN YOUR TEAM IS ON THE RISE!!! It's not given you will have playoff birth next season. Cardinals were 13-3 last season. How they doing with same coach. What about Redskins? These are teams that kept their same coach. And kept their quarterback. And had a first round pick. And they all "regressed." If this team was so well set up do you honestly think Marrone would have bailed???????

You can post I'm not a real Bills fan (that's accurate as once you fire Rex I will hate Bills) but please if you want to respond disagreeing with me, then actually respond to the points of why this team would be much better without Rex.

It's entirely possible they watched him, he was ineffective due to the injury, and took him out of the game. I suppose they could have that conversation with him, but in a game where you're getting shredded by the other team you are probably busy trying to think of a way to stop the other team.

His injury occured in week 4 and this comes to light in week 15? A classic Bills things to do!

Rex Blows. He has a 46-50 record with the Jets in 6 years and the pattern continues with a 15-15 record with the Bills in 2 years.

He is a blowhard, will do anything for attention and is the laughing stock of Opponents who dont fear his decisions nor his defense!

Cheers

In regards to Hughes, his injury does explain the loss of explosion he used to have to go offsides or draw 15 yard penalties on stupidity!

Edited by PO16FFS

His injury occured in week 4 and this comes to light in week 15? A classic Bills things to do!

Rex Blows. He has a 46-50 record with the Jets in 6 years and the pattern continues with a 15-15 record with the Bills in 2 years.

He is a blowhard, will do anything for attention and is the laughing stock of Opponents who dont fear his decisions nor his defense!

Cheers

He didn't miss practice time or a game so no need to put it on the injury report...I'm sure many players are sore now...Are you upset because no one told you?

Cheers

In regards to Hughes, his injury does explain the loss of explosion he used to have to go offsides or draw 15 yard penalties on stupidity!

I agree with you they're pulling crap out their butts to save jobs I understand you don't want your opponent to know but if he is injured and can't perform why are you putting him out there so I personally don't want to hear any excuses

I get it man, if I was a Jets fan Id want the bills to keep Rex too.

Maybe we should give Rex the GM and HC reigns and go extremely, fully pregnant!?

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't get one more year. I think 3 years should be the minimum barring a major meltdown.

Dies anyone think Rex has the right personality to build a winner in years 3 through 7? I just have a hard time seeing him as a guy that builds a sustainable program. He strikes me as the type that gets quick buy in and then wears out his gimmicks (not a huge knock, Gruden did the same in a different way)

Dies anyone think Rex has the right personality to build a winner in years 3 through 7? I just have a hard time seeing him as a guy that builds a sustainable program. He strikes me as the type that gets quick buy in and then wears out his gimmicks (not a huge knock, Gruden did the same in a different way)

Gruden won the friggin' lottery. Took over Dungy's team, then played against his own playbook in the SB. No genius in that. Besides, our paths crossed with our sons in HS, and I just don't like the guy.

Gruden won the friggin' lottery. Took over Dungy's team, then played against his own playbook in the SB. No genius in that. Besides, our paths crossed with our sons in HS, and I just don't like the guy.

No doubt - but I don't think that changes that his schtick can get a little extra from a team short term but long term it's just not going to continue to build but instead regress

Both get players excited out of the gate but will get the eye roll from guys quickly. Neither has a super string philosophy of what the program is