Jerry Hughes and more Rex support (sorry)

genosmith

Just my opinion, but Gruden is a d!ck and will have minimal success, but will make huge jack! Then it won't be his fault.

Honestly, if he can make $4 mil on ESPN (or whatever it is) or live through the grind for a few mil more? I'm doing TV.

Hughes just posted he has had hamstring injury since September. This makes sense as had 4 sacks in first 4 games and 2 since. So to recap this great 4-3 defense that Rex inherited has one dline gone (not that he's good anymore regardless of scheme and he's not a winner), and one injured/suspended for half the season and the other one playing hurt. Plus your two linebackers that are good are castoffs from other teams and Rex has them playing well, but for some reason only Doug Whaley gets credit for this. You ever consider Preston Brown isn't that good without 4 monsters in front of him. (Side point what happened to Corbin Bryant-he's injured right?) Don't have to get into safeties which is obvious. Your number one receiver has either missed time or played injured the entire season and your #2 is clearly injured now, not to mention the rest of the banged up receivers. Yes, the defense should be better (and maybe will be with more of his type players) but the team is .500. This is not even close to worthy of being fired.

Lastly, related to the 2014 team he inherited- 9-7 DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN YOUR TEAM IS ON THE RISE!!! It's not given you will have playoff birth next season. Cardinals were 13-3 last season. How they doing with same coach. What about Redskins? These are teams that kept their same coach. And kept their quarterback. And had a first round pick. And they all "regressed." If this team was so well set up do you honestly think Marrone would have bailed???????

You can post I'm not a real Bills fan (that's accurate as once you fire Rex I will hate Bills) but please if you want to respond disagreeing with me, then actually respond to the points of why this team would be much better without Rex.

At this point, I am beginning to hope the Bills will fire Rex at the end of the season, just so you can leave and take your little crusade with you.

Marrone bailed because he had a 3 day opt out window in his contract.

It had been reported Marrone tried to get contract extensions for himself and his assistants from the new owner. He was denied.

So, with no guarantee he was going to remain as the HC of the Bills either in 2015 or beyond**, he grabbed the money and ran.

If you were a Bills fan, you would have known that.

In another thread, you asked this question "Why did Doug Marrone only go 15-17 with Bills?"

Yes, Marrone went 15-17 in his 2 years here. But, he was 6-10 in his first year, and 9-7 in his second.

That's a definitive upward trend, and a far better trend than the below .500 record the Bills had been getting for 7+ years.

If you were a Bills fan, you would have known that.

Was that upward trend sustainable? We will never know.

Some other gems from the other thread:

"You want a head coach that has accomplished nothing like Schwartz or Marrone over Ryan who went to two Championship games with Mark Sanchez and beat Tom Brady, ..."

FYI: As HC of the Bills, Marrone went 3-1 vs Rex Jets.

Lets take a closer look at the Brady "accomplishment". Yeah, the Jets did beat Brady in playoffs - once. How's Rex overall record vs Brady as the Jets HC? Oooo, not so good.

Why is that relevant? Good coaches can produce consistent results. Being 4-9 against Brady is not a good consistent result.

And those 2 championship runs? Not only has he failed to reach the playoffs since then (6 years), he has to win the next 2 games in order to produce a winning record for the first time in 6 years.

Remember what I said about good coaches and consistent results? Those championships runs are anomalies, and not a true indicator of Rex's ability.

"(Rex) didn't get to ditch his first round Qb like Marrone did and have a receiver like Watkins on his team."

Well, Rex has had Watkins on his team for 2 years, what's the problem now?

"Your number one receiver has either missed time or played injured the entire season."

FYI: Watkins played part of his first year with fractured ribs, and was used mostly as a decoy or not targeted.

But, if you were a Bills fan, you would have known this.

** IMHO, considering the amount of friction Marrone had with Whaley and/or Brandon, I think Marrone realized he was good as gone at the end of 2015 season, if not sooner.