o-line the real problem

13player

It gets tiring to hear year after year our QB sucks and the truth is our qbs have not been great the O-Line is to blame or more so Front offices failure to fix it.

The cowboys, The Redskins have young qbs and you know what else they have a great O-Line. We cant draft anymore qbs or running backs until we fix the line, Richie is old, yes he has been great but outside of this year its tough to say and we will need a new LG. Our LT is ok, not the best but for sure ok, our Centre is great but has injury issues and the RT and the RG are horrible.

the past 15 years has been bad O-Line after bad O-line and if you put any qb behind this line with the exception of the Brady or big Ben they will fail, so stop trying to address QB before you address the O-Line we need a freaking great o-Line not a good one or serviceable one.

Brady and Big Ben are freaks of nature when it comes to releasing the ball, they are so fast they make receivers better, runners better and they never have the same guys on the line, changes year after year, new receivers year after year.

If this team is serious about winning overhaul the O-line and start this year by drafting a LT in the first round and Move Cody to the RT, sign the best free agent LG and draft the best RG available in the second round, that allows Cody to help the 2nd rookie on the right and lets the free agent LG help the LT unless you can get 1 more year out of Rickie.

make those changes and then draft or sign any qb you want, that line will keep him off the ground, or at least is better poised to.

BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, QB IS NOT THE REAL PROBLEM THE O-LINE IS.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Bill O-line is great but they are not terrible. I agree probably middle of the pack if not a little higher. I think Lynn's hands are tied too, as they are still using Roman's playbook and he probably hasn't had enough time to incorporate things he wants to do. I would like them to be a little more creative offensively in getting the ball to their play makers. Screens, rub routes, motion etc...

They have run the ball very effectively. If we can upgrade at RT we would be in good shape. I think we got Wood's replacement on the roster already. I have noticed no drop off with Groy in there and I think he has played better than Wood. So we could save money there and put that towards a quality RT in the offseason.

Yeah, the team leading the league in rushing, setting a franchise record for Rush TDs, leading the league in YPC by .7 yards has a bad OL?!? Now I've heard it all. Thank you for starting this thread to remind me why I've stayed away from this place. When did we lose all of our reasonable thoughts?

Our RT is about the only thing on the line you can complain about. Our running game is very good especially considering we face 8 men fronts because tyrod doesn't scare anyone. Pass protection is suppose to hold up for 4 seconds, 4 seconds and the QB has to get rid of the ball, with tyrod you can count past 4 often.

If this team is serious about winning overhaul the O-line and start this year by drafting a LT in the first round and Move Cody to the RT, sign the best free agent LG and draft the best RG available in the second round, that allows Cody to help the 2nd rookie on the right and lets the free agent LG help the LT unless you can get 1 more year out of Rickie.

make those changes and then draft or sign any qb you want, that line will keep him off the ground, or at least is better poised to.

What makes you think Incognito won't be here another year or more? He is having a good year. He'll be back. I wouldn't just assume his performance is going to drop off a lot.

You do need to fix the right side of the line as far as pass protection goes. Pass protection on the right side of this line is not good at all whether the other fans here want to admit it or not. There have been plenty of video posts on this forum over this season proving that.

People think that quarterbacks like Dak and Carr are all that and they praise them on this forum all the time. But, throw either of those guys behind the Bills line in pass protection and they will look a lot more like EJ than they do Brady.

Stellar offensive lines like the ones in Dallas and Oakland make their quarterbacks look and perform a lot, lot better. The Bills offensive line needs improvement no doubt. I would rather spend money there than on some other flashy receiver.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Can Miller play RT? He seems a bit undersized for tackle but this would be our best 5 as it stands, Glenn Incognito Wood Groy Miller.

Yeah, the team leading the league in rushing, setting a franchise record for Rush TDs, leading the league in YPC by .7 yards has a bad OL?!? Now I've heard it all. Thank you for starting this thread to remind me why I've stayed away from this place. When did we lose all of our reasonable thoughts?

There are still reasonable thoughts, there's just so much hay, and so little needle.

Can Miller play RT? He seems a bit undersized for tackle but this would be our best 5 as it stands, Glenn Incognito Wood Groy Miller.

If you're taking someone from the current group and putting them at RT, do it with Groy. He's played tackle before (couple games in college), he's long enough and he's a passable athlete.

Don't put Miller there. Anyone watching the Panthers last night saw what a stout RG playing RT looks like.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If you're taking someone from the current group and putting them at RT, do it with Groy. He's played tackle before (couple games in college), he's long enough and he's a passable athlete.

Don't put Miller there. Anyone watching the Panthers last night saw what a stout RG playing RT looks like.

They should run with Groy at RT line for the last two games. It would be nice to see how Groy holds up at tackle.

They should run with Groy at RT line for the last two games. It would be nice to see how Groy holds up at tackle.

Not a move they can make. Already lost Wood, can't go changing the center again now. Groy does quite a lot for Tyrod, as did Wood, in terms of setting/adjusting protections. Tough to ask him to build a rapport with Patrick Lewis, especially on a short week.

For 2017, I'm fine trying Groy at RT in camp. Pretty sure he's had practice reps at RT ahead of Cyrus at some point. He's really surprised me the past few weeks, he's really dug in and earned a chance to fight for a spot. Be that C, RG or RT.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Watch the game and count to 3 as the ball is snapped. That is the amount of time Brady usually gets rid of the ball by, and the time when TT has looked downfield, refused to throw, and begins his scramble, and a game of "to run or not to run".

Two full years of this after being a understudy for several years in Baltimore, and he still can't/won't throw the ball into tight spaces. The light isn't going to come on next season or the season after that.

The TT experiment should be over 2 weeks from now.

Watch the game and count to 3 as the ball is snapped. That is the amount of time Brady usually gets rid of the ball by, and the time when TT has looked downfield, refused to throw, and begins his scramble, and a game of "to run or not to run".

Two full years of this after being a understudy for several years in Baltimore, and he still can't/won't throw the ball into tight spaces. The light isn't going to come on next season or the season after that.

The TT experiment should be over 2 weeks from now.

Agreed