Rex was told he's being dismissed

The Big Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are peeps allowed to keep starting the same BS false topic with a slightly different title?

Tis' the season.

Folks need to just let the season play out and chill.

More Bolshevik from twitter!

Damn the Bolsheviks and their Twittings !

I would be ok with that....I dont see anyone out there that I really want more.

He needs to bring in a 4-3 defensive minded DC with a track record of success

You would be ok with a HC who wants to run more than any other HC in the NFL which is a passing league. One that tries the wildcat on a weekly basis? No thank you!

You would be ok with a HC who wants to run more than any other HC in the NFL which is a passing league. One that tries the wildcat on a weekly basis? No thank you!

I'm okay with a run-oriented team.

But just say no to the sleepy kitten formation.

I've advocated for Rex's dismissal- but I genuinely think he's a good guy, and cannot help but feel disapointed that this turned out the way it did.

What's always confounded me is the fact that Mike Pettine had success with his defense here in 2013. Mind you, it wasn't a "great" defense- but it was far superior to what we've seen these last 2 seasons, or at least felt that way. Given that Pettine was a long-time understudy of Rex's, one could've assumed (as I did) that Rex would build on what Pettine had accomplshed, and the defense would've been better for it. Many of the core players from '13 were here in 2015..some are still here now.

A good guy....and stuff like that. I would never want to spend time with Rex Ryan. He seems to be that loud, obnoxious person I truly hate being around. Someone who needs to be the centre of attention, but, really has self esteem issues. No thank you. Jmho.

Exactly what I was thinking. And even if the owners are that clueless, Rex would never do it. He would be gone. This is total BS.

I agree it's BS. But, if your employers owes you $15 million plus dollars unless you quit....you would stay the 3 weeks too.

But, agree it probably didn't happen.

Maybe rex was told if he doesnt make the playoffs he is gone - technically we have a shot but everyone knows we arent gonna make it - Exo- facto he was told he is fired yet still here.

Plus as someone else pointed out Rex would have to resign govig up all his money. You wouldnt stixk aroubd for 3 weeks at a job to take home a million bucks or two?

Ps i truely hope the Seahawks OC and maybe their assistant GM are brought in here. That team has done a wonderful job and we should poach some people who have had a ahand on their success

That isn't the result I'd want - I'm just saying, Rex earned himself a dismissal and it's a shame. He did not put in the work, did not adjust, and, perhaps most deadly, overpromised.

Agreed, it has become pretty apparent to me that REx wanted one final payday before he rides into the sunset. He didn't want to put the work into developing new schemes, instead using his old philosophy which is clearly outdated. Telling tale was that Monday night game last year against the Pats. The BIlls looked very prepared that day & Rex had Brady confused with all of these exotic blitzes & such. I thought to myself why can't the defense play like this every week. My guess is Rex didn't want to put the time in to develope a new fdifferent scheme/look every week. He wanted to make a point that on National TV against Brady that he still had it though. Rex maybe a likeable guy but he is a con man & pretty much stole money from Pegs. Hell, bringing in his brother, which was to get him one more paycheck because noone else would hire him should be a fireable offense alone.

@BillsFanaticsBF

Sources say, players are getting together to push ownership to shut rumors down and make sure Rex Ryan is here next year. #BFInsiders

Hah, a shame you guys couldn't get together on Sunday afternoons! I heard that's a really good time to make an impression on the owner.

@BillsFanaticsBF

Sources say, players are getting together to push ownership to shut rumors down and make sure Rex Ryan is here next year. #BFInsiders

Maybe the players should of played a little better if they were that concerned about Rex's job status.

I'm tired of the constant change, it keeps setting us back and creates an atmosphere of dysfunction.

That said - Rex really earned this. He deserves to be fired.

nobody good will want this job... bc you just get fired in 2 years as the roster won't be good enough in time to save you. fans are too bitter and burned out

He would do everything in his power to negotiate his leaving immediately. Forcing him to stay under those conditions would benefit no one.

No he wouldn't, he would keep his mouth shut & collect a cool $15 mill at the end of the season.