Rex was told he's being dismissed

The Big Cat

Some guys are great coordinator's but louse HC's

Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Josh McDaniels, Todd Haley, etc....

The offense is almost irrelevant to this discussion.

Rex earned his dismissal because his schemes on defense have not worked, and he hasn't adjusted them to the realities of the modern NFL where you don't get to practice much and you have constant churning of the roster due to injuries and the salary cap. And on top of that, he doesn't have his players prepared enough on gameday. The poor communication we saw last year continues to plague this defense. Guys running on the field late, yelling at each other, lined up wrong, IT'S STILL HAPPENING. That's on Rex and it's inexcusable.

You got that right ... smdh

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

Asked if he's received any assurances from #Bills upper management or ownership of job security, Rex Ryan said, "No."

Terry had a chance last week and said "See Ya" when asked about Rex's status. Even, what was it yesterday or the day before, "I don't know what my future holds; do you know what you future holds?" comment. Now this?

The writing is on the wall and I will be amazed if he is back....

That isn't the result I'd want - I'm just saying, Rex earned himself a dismissal and it's a shame. He did not put in the work, did not adjust, and, perhaps most deadly, overpromised.

Exactly...Especially the promise deal...

As poor as the Bills Offense has been at times, a couple better Defensive performances would have this season looking completely different right now...

Rex has been terrible against winning teams since he got here (4-11), and HIS Defense has been consistently less than good...I think there is a HUGE possibility that opposing Offenses have simply caught up to Rex's bag of tricks...The team has looked really sloppy several times in Rex's tenure...He just has not lived up to his self-made hype...

I feel like folks who think it's going to be better to stay the course are going to be very disappointed this time next year when the team looks exactly like it does now...That's not to say a new HC will be any better...But it is to say that the chances Rex will do it are pretty slim at this point... B-)

The offense is almost irrelevant to this discussion.

Rex earned his dismissal because his schemes on defense have not worked, and he hasn't adjusted them to the realities of the modern NFL where you don't get to practice much and you have constant churning of the roster due to injuries and the salary cap. And on top of that, he doesn't have his players prepared enough on gameday. The poor communication we saw last year continues to plague this defense. Guys running on the field late, yelling at each other, lined up wrong, IT'S STILL HAPPENING. That's on Rex and it's inexcusable.

You really nailed it on the head with this one. With Rex Ryan, it's a different situation than most because he completely hedged his bets on having a playoff team with a championship caliber defense. He would reiterate it even in the middle of these crappy seasons. It's beyond embarrassing, and the fact that he clearly didn't put in the necessary effort to back up his claims means he needs to go.

If I owned a business and promised my client that I could get the job done in 2 weeks, but it took me 4 weeks, I'd like to think they'd be upset. If they retained me for a second project and I said, "I'm extremely sorry about the delay last time, it was a fluke and won't happen again, I'll get this project done for you in 1 week" but still took 4 weeks, you better bet they're moving on. You can't over promise and under deliver. It's just unacceptable.

And I know every coach talks about winning championships, but man...Rex takes it to a whole different level. The guy wrote checks he couldn't cash time and time again.

I have no issues if the Pegulas decide to move on from Rex, but I do think we have more holes than people realize. Seems like this roster is an 8-8 type roster, but no better. With a better QB, we would have the potential to win more games, but based on our current level of talent, I think we are about where we should be.

@BillsFanaticsBF

Sources say, players are getting together to push ownership to shut rumors down and make sure Rex Ryan is here next year. #BFInsiders

I think a lot of the defense is going to be riding out on a rail with Rex. This team has not beaten anyone all season. We were lucky in playing a bunch of garbage this year. If we had played the NFC East South or North this season instead of the NFC west, we would probably be 5-9 at best right now. Our Defense hasn't stopped a decent offense since Rex took over. Time to change the entire vibe at One Bills Drive.