Rex was told he's being dismissed

The Big Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've advocated for Rex's dismissal- but I genuinely think he's a good guy, and cannot help but feel disapointed that this turned out the way it did.

What's always confounded me is the fact that Mike Pettine had success with his defense here in 2013. Mind you, it wasn't a "great" defense- but it was far superior to what we've seen these last 2 seasons, or at least felt that way. Given that Pettine was a long-time understudy of Rex's, one could've assumed (as I did) that Rex would build on what Pettine had accomplshed, and the defense would've been better for it. Many of the core players from '13 were here in 2015..some are still here now.

There is zero chance he was told he is fired and allowed to coach three more games. Unless the owners think they are running a lemonade stand.

Exactly what I was thinking. And even if the owners are that clueless, Rex would never do it. He would be gone. This is total BS. Edited by vincec

Didn't the Bills do that about 5 or 6 year back and whomever the coach at the time was decided to leave right then but had been given the option to complete the season. Think it was when Bobby April was ST coach and he got mad that they didn't make him the interim HC as his title was assistant HC.

I believe both Bill Pollian and Tom Donahoe knew they weren't coming back at seasons end. Granted they were both GM's a bit different.

Hmmmm.... Maybe this is the Buffalo way!!

What owner, GM, team president in his right mind would tell someone weeks before the end of the season they are done and allow them to continue working? None, that's who!

Complete rubbish as the team still has an ever so slight chance to make the playoffs.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch