Jarvis Landry

dave mcbride

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, if you read the post-game stories, the players didn't see it until they watched the film.

I know what they said to save face for being a bunch of cowards, but I watched them staring at the jumbo tron and watch replay after replay of the dirty ass hit...this team is SOFT

Well, interesting discussion here. I thought the Landry hit on A Williams was vicious....and unnecessary. He enjoyed getting into AW that way. Was disappointed that no Bill took after him that day...but, this isn't High School, its a money game. And, I don't expect any illegal hits on Landry this time around either. However, these players, some of whom hit hard in the course of the game, do extend "professional courtesy" to one another during the game when they so choose. When the receiver is down not by contact, they will tap him on the shoulder and , then, the receiver is down. I would wish that the Bills not extend that professional courtesy to Landry...in fact, I would prefer that they legally hit him a full shot given that opportunity. Now, as discussed here, our DB's don't really have that mentality. Gilmore is playing for his next contract and will not stick his nose in anywhere. Robey-Coleman, Darby not so much either. I can't think of a real hitter back there who would do the job that I would like to see. Maybe one of the lb's, but, Alexander, Z Brown are one year rentals......don't see that mentality either there. Maybe Brandon Spikes understands what should be done......but he isn't seeing the field much these days...these Bills are still capable of winning two more....not sure they are going to take the opportunity for even a clean lick on Landry, as very deserving opponent. (for those of you old enough to remember, these Bills need a Leonard Smith type safety, a real big hitter)

Edited by bigK14094

Let's be honest, how many would be complaining about Landry if he was on the Bills? People loved Brandon Spikes and he took many a similar dirty hit on the Bills when he was on the Pats.

His hit was unnecessary but the guy plays hard and did seem genuinely sorry. I won't have a problem if the Bulls went after him but they should have done in the first game. This would be a fake tough guy act like the Sabres and Lucic.

Let's be honest, how many would be complaining about Landry if he was on the Bills? People loved Brandon Spikes and he took many a similar dirty hit on the Bills when he was on the Pats.

His hit was unnecessary but the guy plays hard and did seem genuinely sorry. I won't have a problem if the Bulls went after him but they should have done in the first game. This would be a fake tough guy act like the Sabres and Lucic.

C. Biscuit, in subesequent games I saw him make similar cheap shots twice. They were not as bad as the Williams hit, but totally dirty nonetheless. As for his "remorse," those were crocodile tears. Guy's a scumbag.

. I won't have a problem if the Bulls went after him

I like this idea. Let's have some UB players lined up on the sideline (preferably in pads) and take out Landry at the first opportunity. That way none of the Bills would be suspended or fined.

C. Biscuit, in subesequent games I saw him make similar cheap shots twice. They were not as bad as the Williams hit, but totally dirty nonetheless. As for his "remorse," those were crocodile tears. Guy's a scumbag.

I'll respect your opinion on that. But my thing is you either have it or you don't. They should have reacted in the game after it happened. It just looks phony. But I have zero problems if they do go after him. They have nothing to lose.

If this team had any swagger, someone would have given Landry the knockout hit in the very game he took that cheap shot against AW.

I want to see him get his, but the more likely scenario is that the Bills get bullied on both sides of the ball and get blown out on the scoreboard too.

I wish we had Donte Whitner to do something nasty.

Edited by Idandria

Take a shot at Landry and give up 15 yards and most likely an ejection.

Or instead the players focus on what really matters and that is winning the game and keeping what slim playoff hopes they have alive.....

IF this team is more worried about "Retaliation" than they are winning they don't deserve to be there anyways.

Just a thought though.

Take a shot at Landry and give up 15 yards and most likely an ejection.

Or instead the players focus on what really matters and that is winning the game and keeping what slim playoff hopes they have alive.....

IF this team is more worried about "Retaliation" than they are winning they don't deserve to be there anyways.

Just a thought though.

You can do both, and hey, Landry is one of their best players, after all. Him not on the field is a net minus for them.

This is never ever going to happen. It just doesn't. No one on this team has it in him anyway--you would need a Suh type of player.

These guys will just be wanting to get the hell out after Sunday.

Again, if you read the post-game stories, the players didn't see it until they watched the film.

Describe their outrage after they watched that.

I know what they said to save face for being a bunch of cowards, but I watched them staring at the jumbo tron and watch replay after replay of the dirty ass hit...this team is SOFT

Give me a break. It's their livelihood; no one wants to get into a beanball war on the football field, no matter what team.

Big hits happen cause guys have an opportunity in the moment (like Landry did), not because they are planned out to extract revenge.

Give me a break. It's their livelihood; no one wants to get into a beanball war on the football field, no matter what team.

Big hits happen cause guys have an opportunity in the moment (like Landry did), not because they are planned out to extract revenge.

That's simply not true. There are just two types of guys in the NFL, rah rah warrior types and mercenaries. Superstars populate almost exclusively the former. Tyrann Matheiu gets in a guy's face after that play. So does Sherman. So does Thomas. So does Suggs or Timmons or Steve Smith or DeAngelo Hall.

The Bills lack players like that almost entirely. I think we have 2, Richie and Kyle. The rest of this team is soft. They don't get fired up like good teams do.