A few thoughts about the Browns Game (BillFromNYC Tribute)

Virgil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, and not sure. I don't think that happens, if they keep Rex, i think you need to let him run it his way. If you change the defensive system, you get rid of Rex.

and that may be the right move. But the defense needs to be addressed in the draft and free agency. Besides the coaching, the talent isn't there.

I disagree 100%on the talent not being there. They have the talent.

I disagree 100%on the talent not being there. They have the talent.

I don't think either safety is 'playoff caliber' talent. I think Ragland needs to upgrade a linebacker and we lack depth at LB and safety. Nothing that can't be fixed, but not sure Rex is willing to use some basic defensive packages and get the most out of the players. We need impact players, hopefully Shaq becomes one and Hughes gets back to being one consistently.

Edited by klos63

It worked

that won't happen. If Rex stays , his system stays. And we draft heavy on defense.

How many years are we going to keep drafting for the defense. 4 of the 5 picks in this draft was defense including the first three.

If this game or either of the next two change your opinion of TT or RR then you should not be a talent evaluator or personnel decider. Maybe a tiny bit for Tyrod the next two to show that he can make the right decision and accurate throw against good defenses, but today does nothing towards his case because of the opponent.

Rex is out because he can't coach in this modern day NFL, and whether 9-7 or 6-10 that was decided before these last three games and based on the first 28.

Continuity whenever you have something that plausibly won't suck, but decisive turnover to move on from anybody who doesn't have a chance at being very good at what they do.

The offense works, the defense doesn't. What do you do? Without Rex, there is no more bad defense, but there isn't Lynn, TT and his conservative offense either.

What does Pegula do? Tell Rex to ditch his system, get a new DC (maybe Bradley) and keep TT and the offense? Can Rex's ego handle that?

You should only call yourself fixxer if you can make those things you talked about come to light.

Those are great points you came up with.

For now I'll call you Prescriptionist.

If this game or either of the next two change your opinion of TT or RR then you should not be a talent evaluator or personnel decider. Maybe a tiny bit for Tyrod the next two to show that he can make the right decision and accurate throw against good defenses, but today does nothing towards his case because of the opponent.

Rex is out because he can't coach in this modern day NFL, and whether 9-7 or 6-10 that was decided before these last three games and based on the first 28.

Continuity whenever you have something that plausibly won't suck, but decisive turnover to move on from anybody who doesn't have a chance at being very good at what they do.

TT has been in the league for what 6 years now. We are 31st in yards per game passing, ahead of the 49ers. When you think about the 49ers think of all that crap talent they have at WR and TE, and please dont confuse that with I am advocating that Kap is good. What Im saying is the 49ers have about the same receiving talent as Gailey had with the Bills. And we're barely better than that, right now. Totally agree with you, but its not apparent to a lot people on this board. Rex cant coach the defense up, the team takes too many penalties, folds when faced with adversity and for 2 years has no clock management. Whaley is overrated as a GM, Brandon is a nothing burger, the money guys(Overdorf) didnt protect Pegs money on Dareus's contract and gave too long a contract to Rex.

All these guys, while they dont reach like a Matt Millen GM level of suckitude, they are mind numbing low mediocre at their jobs and we can do better.

You should only call yourself fixxer if you can make those things you talked about come to light.

Those are great points you came up with.

For now I'll call you Prescriptionist.

hey, I have a pen and notepad, I'm winning.... :D

Seriously, the curse of this team is that we're mediocre, we're never Browns 2016 or Lions 2008 bad.

This same scenario happened with Marrone, the offensive guru that couldn't make the offense going but had the eye to bring good defensive coordinators. When Rex finds a good scoring offense, his defense can't be anywhere as consistent as it needs to be to carry this team.

We're so close to being a team like the Chiefs but yet so far to accomplish it. What do you? do you blow it up again after two years or seat everyone in the building, tell them to stop !@#$ing around and grab the damn carrot.

TT has been in the league for what 6 years now. We are 31st in yards per game passing, ahead of the 49ers. When you think about the 49ers think of all that crap talent they have at WR and TE, and please dont confuse that with I am advocating that Kap is good. What Im saying is the 49ers have about the same receiving talent as Gailey had with the Bills. And we're barely better than that, right now. Totally agree with you, but its not apparent to a lot people on this board. Rex cant coach the defense up, the team takes too many penalties, folds when faced with adversity and for 2 years has no clock management. Whaley is overrated as a GM, Brandon is a nothing burger, the money guys(Overdorf) didnt protect Pegs money on Dareus's contract and gave too long a contract to Rex.

All these guys, while they dont reach like a Matt Millen GM level of suckitude, they are mind numbing low mediocre at their jobs and we can do better.

Isnt it pointless to focus on yards per game while completely ignoring we throw the LEAST passes per game in the league? Most points averaged in 25 years. You need to focus on results. Tyrod is executing his designed role in the offense.

Performances in games shouldn't affect your opinion of how good/bad a player may be? I know it's just the browns, but we have had offensive games like this before and won. Great running, good passing, no turnovers. I think fans don't give TT enough credit for not turning the ball over, it's a big factor. My opinion of Rex probably won't change, but until we have someone better, I'm ok with TT.

People are going to flame me, but for about the 5th game in a row, Stephon Gilmore was one of the two best players on the field.

No he wasn't. Kyle and Shady were better. The interior OL (incognito, groy, Miller) were great. Heck, even Darby played as strong a game.

This polarizing stance on Gilmore needs to be put to rest. He's not awful and he's not excellent. He's a good player and the team will feel it if he leaves next year and they can't replace him. Having said that, I'm still not convinced he'll be worth what he gets.

People are going to flame me, but for about the 5th game in a row, Stephon Gilmore was one of the two best players on the field.

Updated stats from PFF.

In the last 5 games, Gilmore has given up - 11 receptions on 22 targets, 92 yards (18.4 PER GAME!), 3 interceptions and a touchdown allowed.

Not bad from a piece of trash, worthless kitty :D

No he wasn't. Kyle and Shady were better. The interior OL (incognito, groy, Miller) were great. Heck, even Darby played as strong a game.

This polarizing stance on Gilmore needs to be put to rest. He's not awful and he's not excellent. He's a good player and the team will feel it if he leaves next year and they can't replace him. Having said that, I'm still not convinced he'll be worth what he gets.

Yes, he was.

In the last 4 weeks, he's basically shut down all of Allen Robinson, Amari Cooper (save for a DPI), Antonio Brown, and Terelle Pryor.

He's been excellent since the NE game. Actually he's had two (very) bad games this year; he's been outstanding the rest of the time.

Updated stats from PFF.

In the last 5 games, Gilmore has given up - 11 receptions on 22 targets, 92 yards (18.4 PER GAME!), 3 interceptions and a touchdown allowed.

Not bad from a piece of trash, worthless kitty :D

What do you want to do with him, pay him top 5 money? I'm thrilled that he decided to focus for the second half of his contract season... is that an attitude you reward, though?