Cardinals Cut WR Michael Floyd

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is it horrifying?

Dude was hammered, fell asleep at the wheel. Where is the horror?

@gambo987

Report shows Michael Floyd with a .217 blood alcohol concentration which is an super extreme DUI - automatic months of jail time

Arizona has very strict DUI laws

If I'm ever going to commit a crime, I'm going to make sure I do it to the 'Super Extreme' conditions of the law.

The Pats aren't stupid, they knew this existed. It's why he fell so far on the waiver order. They really should have questions to answer for it. It appears Floyd has a problem, he should be getting help, not rewarded with another opportunity.

Usually Belichik doesn't take these knuckleheads. But I'm wondering if the Pats claimed him, intending for him to walk and sign somewhere else, and in return receive a compensatory pick.

I could be looking too much into it. But think it's very plausible. They don't have an issue at receiver, can someone really come in the last two weeks of the season, learn the playbook then contribute. I think it is belichik being smart and just trying to get a draft pick for him

Usually Belichik doesn't take these knuckleheads. But I'm wondering if the Pats claimed him, intending for him to walk and sign somewhere else, and in return receive a compensatory pick.

I could be looking too much into it. But think it's very plausible. They don't have an issue at receiver, can someone really come in the last two weeks of the season, learn the playbook then contribute. I think it is belichik being smart and just trying to get a draft pick for him

Is that how comp picks work? I have no idea, but feel as though there would be restrictions on this, such as time period.

Is that how comp picks work? I have no idea, but feel as though there would be restrictions on this, such as time period.

it is possible, but not likely, that NE could get a comp pick in 2018 if he sticks the rest of the season on the roster and then leaves in FA. He would be counted as part of their comp pick formula, but if he signs somewhere else on a 1-year prove it type deal (and I'd anticipate that would be the case given his play, pending suspension, etc) there wouldn't be much if anything going back to NE. Maybe a late rounder depending on how it worked out. Edited by YoloinOhio