Cardinals Cut WR Michael Floyd

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Surprised, but not surprised as a ND fan. He might be living it up too much again and that is likely contributing to his down year. I thought he was a guy we might target in FA, but I think this takes him off the radar.

Damn. Surprised, but not surprised as a ND fan. He might be living it up too much again and that is likely contributing to his down year. I thought he was a guy we might target in FA, but I think this takes him off the radar.

i recall several people thinking he would be an FA target. He's had a tough year, not sure if it's QB related but Fitzgerald has not suffered.

Remember when people wanted to draft him in the first on here?

He looks like he should be a solid number 2, not sure why it has not panned out for him. Any Bills fans in Cardinal Country care to shed some light on this one?

He was highly overrated coming out of college

Aaand cut

@rapsheet

#AZCardinals president Michael Bidwill is the chairman of the NFL's conduct committee. He is making a statement by cutting Michael Floyd

@caplannfl

Floyd is on 5th-year option, deal up after this season.

Subject to waivers

@tompelissero

Floyd can be a UFA in March. He's not getting tagged. So waiver claim gets you a 3-game rental (plus playoffs for some teams).

@caplannfl

Michael Floyd's base salary for 2016 is $7.32m. Prorated for final two weeks (cards responsible for this week) $430,058x2=$861k.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@billbarnwell

Michael Floyd was three weeks away from FA and wasn’t staying in Arizona. This isn’t some strong stance against misbehavior by them.

@MarkMaske

If a team claims Michael Floyd on waivers, it would owe him $861,176 for final two weeks of season, or 2/17ths of salary of $7.32 million.

@ChrisBurke_SI

Chris Burke Retweeted MarkMaske

Also could stand to get a compensatory pick if he then leaves as a free agent.

The teams below us are likely out of playoff contention, so there's less incentive for them to claim him.

Unless they're desperate for WR help and think bringing him in for 3 Weeks could sweeten their chance to sign him in the offseason if he develops something with their QB.