Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close'

Go Bills!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all this "close" talk...I've seen it here and there on TWS as well...

Close defenses do not give up multiple 200 plus yard rushing games to a single HB...Let alone multiple 200 yard rushing games to a single team...

We are NOT close...The Defense is NOT close...Close would be .500 or slightly below vs teams with winning records...Rex and his "close" Defense is 4-11 vs winning teams since coming to Buffalo...

We're no where near close...And Rex is a cool dude...He really is...But he's not "close" as a HC or as a defensive guru either... B-)

close to last

That's closer to being true than the "close" comment... ;)

Close defenses do not give up multiple 200 plus yard rushing games to a single HB...Let alone multiple 200 yard rushing games to a single team...

We are NOT close...The Defense is NOT close...Close would be .500 or slightly below vs teams with winning records...Rex and his "close" Defense is 4-11 vs winning teams since coming to Buffalo...

We're no where near close...And Rex is a cool dude...He really is...But he's not "close" as a HC or as a defensive guru either... B-)

Ihedibgo on IR certainly must mean "close" right???

I swear I don't who sounds more ridiculous, Rex or Skip Bayless.

Close would not give up 29 unanswered points in 1.5 quarters and get destroyed the following week with a running attack with the defenders not even trying to tackle Bell and letting him waltz into the end zone.

Close to giving up the most rushing yards in the history of the Browns franchise and perhaps the history of the NFL. Crowell rushes for 313 yards and 5 touchdowns as the Browns knock of the Bills 47-41, in a thrilling display of complete ineptitude. I should pick him up for my fantasy playoffs. I had Bell last week and cruised to a 70 pt win!

Close to being the worst defense ever? Close to being a steaming pile of dung? Close to getting him fired? Close to bottom of the league? Huh?

I am starting to feel indifference for Rex, we are so far into the embarrassing stage now I stopped caring. Of course a good organization would have fired him already for all the really bad in game decisions he has made, his lack of adjustments and woeful preparation but in Buffalo the coaches job is like a government contract, the excuses are built in and there is no accountability when you cant accomplish what you were hired to do!!

a good organization would not have hired him in the first place. I wonder what Atlanta figured out during their interviews with Rex because they sure did dodge a bullet. I guess they saw through all the bluster, bs, and white noise.

a good organization would not have hired him in the first place. I wonder what Atlanta figured out during their interviews with Rex because they sure did dodge a bullet. I guess they saw through all the bluster, bs, and white noise.

I think Rex has done a terrible job here but let's not act like he won't be doing ok with Matt Ryan.

I think Rex has done a terrible job here but let's not act like he won't be doing ok with Matt Ryan.

Also a lot of people including myself thought Rex's problems in NY was a poor GM and Owner. Saying we shouldn't of hired him is 20/20 hindsight

Edited by jms62

Close to giving up the most rushing yards in the history of the Browns franchise and perhaps the history of the NFL. Crowell rushes for 313 yards and 5 touchdowns as the Browns knock of the Bills 47-41, in a thrilling display of complete ineptitude. I should pick him up for my fantasy playoffs. I had Bell last week and cruised to a 70 pt win!

Yeah, I have Crowell. Unfortunately I lost my playoff matchup this past week.