Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close'

Go Bills!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thing on? Cause it's about to be on!

I think Rex should stay. Evaluate everyone st the end of the year and make the moves that need to be made. Give him a healthy roster with better receivers and defensive players.

Edited by JTO

Could work too. They finish 9-7, D looks good if you ignore who they are playing. Maybe it saves his ass on black monday, maybe even his brothers.

I expect this outcome too- Unless the players actually want buffalo to be a winner someday, don't see him getting it done, and deliberately tank a la Hank Bullough

Wtf... He is probably saying this b.c we play three horrible offenses and he is trying to trick people.

this is my guess. The great thing about a coach like Rex is it's "were close," "next year," ....when you say that you never have to meet expectations because "close" or "almost there," is never there.

Perhaps the worst owner in pro sports, Bob Nutting, can hire Rex to work spin for the Pirates.

Sounds crazy, but I would keep Rex.

Everyone in this thread is advocating for a 4-3 defense run by Schwartz, and a young QB with a high draft pick. That's the Eagles, an 8 loss team.

the Eagels have zero running game. And not close to the talent we have on D.

Edited by RyanC883

What Ryan understands is his team can beat losing QB's and the Bills next three games are going to get the stats to look better because of it.

The Bills will probably finish 9-7 because they can beat the Browns, Dolphins, and Jets.

They will still play like **** against good QB's and lose to them so it's only going to prolong the inevitable of him getting before this team makes the playoffs. Rex and Rob stay another year, draft for the defense and have another losing season unless the Bills play 16 games against losing QB's next year.

What Ryan understands is his team can beat losing QB's and the Bills next three games are going to get the stats to look better because of it.

The Bills will probably finish 9-7 because they can beat the Browns, Dolphins, and Jets.

They will still play like **** against good QB's and lose to them so it's only going to prolong the inevitable of him getting before this team makes the playoffs. Rex and Rob stay another year, draft for the defense and have another losing season unless the Bills play 16 games against losing QB's next year.

Why bother keeping them ... ???

HOME: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Denver, Oakland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, AFC South* AWAY: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Kansas City, San Diego, Atlanta, Carolina, AFC North*

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/rex_ryan_says_buffalo_bills_defense_is_close_and_needs_to_stay_the_course.html

Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close' and needs to 'stay the course'

And exactly what are the Bills' Defense close to? Giving up a 300 yard rushing performance???

:lol::lol:

BTW love the black helmet :thumbsup:

He is delusional at this point.

That is what he has been running on for yrs, gota say working pretty good.

Everyone in this thread is advocating for a 4-3 defense run by Schwartz, and a young QB with a high draft pick. That's the Eagles, an 8 loss team.

No I don't want Schwartz ****ty defense. Rex is complicated, Schwartz is easy. I would rather have a good HC.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/rex_ryan_says_buffalo_bills_defense_is_close_and_needs_to_stay_the_course.html

Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close' and needs to 'stay the course'

And exactly what are the Bills' Defense close to? Giving up a 300 yard rushing performance???

Oh my goodness, I missed this yesterday.

Close to the bottom of the league? Check

Close to allowing 5 yards per rush for the season? Check

Close to the bus? Check

I believe you are wrong. Are you enjoying this sideshow? Do you think the players and fans are listening to this side show?! Because I like apples and a person likes me.......doesn't mean that person likes apples. Totally different situations! Silly comparisions. But, Rex and staff are sillier!

"Continuity" is the watchword right now in NFL ownership circles.

I'll be surprised if the Pegulas fire him. You might see some changes to coaching staff, which is considered acceptable in coaching circles if it means saving someone else's job.

That said, the Pegulas are new owners faced with a serious problem so it's ultimately up to them.

I think the other lesson that can be learned here is that talent is relative. All players benefit from the people around them. A great example of that is Chris Hogan.

Is this thing on? Cause it's about to be on!

I think Rex should stay. Evaluate everyone st the end of the year and make the moves that need to be made. Give him a healthy roster with better receivers and defensive players.

I thought he had a fairly fresh start with the moves he needed to make last off season? We have drafted almost all "D" players the last TWO drafts for Rex and his system and the "D" is terrible. Another off season should do it? Even if we fix and improve the "O" the defense is going to get better all of a sudden with Rex?

It's what he's telling the Pegulas to save his ass. The sad thing is, it'll work. Guaranteed.

It absolutely will. He's banking on it.

The sad thing is you appear to be right. Are the Pegulas really that stupid? Or do they not have any pride in Buffalo Region and respect for we fans? For Ralph it was all about the money. What is it all about for the Pegulas?

The sad thing is you appear to be right. Are the Pegulas really that stupid? Or do they not have any pride in Buffalo Region and respect for we fans? For Ralph it was all about the money. What is it all about for the Pegulas?

Money.