Be honest...who wants to lose to the Browns?

Dragonborn10

There is no upside to winning this game besides parking and concessions money for the following week.

I would rather lose, fire Rex, and start over. A loss to the Browns with Sammy getting two TDs and the defense giving up another 28 would be the perfect scenario for Whaley.

I can't say I wont be happy with a Bills win but an emberrassing loss at home to the Browns will force a regime change. Maybe even Brandon would get fired or reassigned.

Never. Play ever game like it's your last and let the chips fall where they may. Until this team learns that every game is 1/16 of the season they can't worry about long shot odds.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you are right about where they will draft win or lose, plus the Bills haven't exactly been setting the world on fire with their drafting anyway.

The only real advantage I can see is for the fire Wrecks crowd. Being the only team to lose to Cleveland may be the straw that broke the Pegulas back and force them to fire him. Particularly if they play to win, i.e. play TT.

Yup. I want them to lose because I want Rex out so we don't auto-suck again next year.

Do I trust the Pegulas to make a good hire, no why should I. But Rex, to me, flat-out stinks and staying with him just damages the roster more as we continue to bring in his guys for his stupid outdated system.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

There is no upside to winning this game besides parking and concessions money for the following week.

I would rather lose, fire Rex, and start over. A loss to the Browns with Sammy getting two TDs and the defense giving up another 28 would be the perfect scenario for Whaley.

I can't say I wont be happy with a Bills win but an emberrassing loss at home to the Browns will force a regime change. Maybe even Brandon would get fired or reassigned.

Don't want to lose but if this gets us regime change I'm all for it.

Not in my DNA.

A win over the Browns isn't going to save his job anyway so why would anyone want to lose the game... the decision will be made based on his entire 2 seasons. A higher draft pick doesn't do much for me either. Just pick the right players regardless of where it is. Bad teams draft in top 5 every year and are still bad, good teams draft in the 20s every year and are still good. Just get a GD QB.

not in this draft, mostly projects.

I'm hoping for QB Sam Darnold or Josh Allen.

Yup. I want them to lose because I want Rex out so we don't auto-suck again next year.

Do I trust the Pegulas to make a good hire, no why should I. But Rex, to me, flat-out stinks and staying with him just damages the roster more as we continue to bring in his guys for his stupid outdated system.

see my sig

I've changed my mind as the sooner this regime is gone the faster we all get a better look at Lynn as HC and Cardale Jones at QB.

We need to see if Lynn can game plan to beat the Dolphins and Jones can throw over the middle with accuracy.

Primarily because if either have a bad showing the team can hire a better HC and draft a QB.

There is NO upside to this. We want/need a win and I don't care what the implications may be regarding personnel, draft picks, coaches, front office etc. etc.

If nothing else, everyone should be playing for the future. Their own, AND the Bills. If they were to "mail it in" the rest of the way, who would have employment, on any level next year?

I never want the Bills to lose. But I see zero upside to winning. In the long term, 6-10 will help this team out more than 8-8.

I never used to think that way because i can only root for them to win and i think that the 11th pick vs the 18th pick doesn't make that much difference, but in certain respects a loss would be beneficial. This team has weak coaching but also mediocre talent overall. Something needs to change. If Whaley actually thinks the Bills roster is excellent in terms of talent, he's lost his mind.

I never used to think that way because i can only root for them to win and i think that the 11th pick vs the 18th pick doesn't make that much difference, but in certain respects a loss would be beneficial. This team has weak coaching but also mediocre talent overall. Something needs to change. If Whaley actually thinks the Bills roster is excellent in terms of talent, he's lost his mind.

Yeah, I hate thinking like this.

And with all due respect, I think you are overrating how deep rosters are around the NFL. A different coach and qb, this is easily a playoff team.

@marykaycabot

#Browns Hue Jackson to Joe Haden: 'Next year this time, we'll be getting ready for the playoffs'

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/12/hue_jackson_to_joe_haden_next.html

I truly believe the Browns will make the playoffs before the Bills will. They have 17 rookies on the roster this year (the Bills have 5), and 10 picks in this year's draft (including 2 firsts and 2 seconds). They have a plan. The Bills are still absolutely clueless, and have a GM who pisses away draft picks like a drunk passing out one-dollar bills at a gentlemen's club. Edited by mannc

Yeah, I hate thinking like this.

And with all due respect, I think you are overrating how deep rosters are around the NFL. A different coach and qb, this is easily a playoff team.

I dunno. Look at the steelers, pats, and dolphins -- guys go down but the depth is there, whether at the o-line, wr, or qb spot. I think every team has depth issues, but the bills this season seem to me to be especially weak in that area. The backup corners, safeties, wrs, qbs, and tes are just bad. Edited by dave mcbride

I dunno. Look at the steelers, pats, and dolphins -- guys go down but the depth is there, whether at the o-line, wr, or qb spot. I think every team has depth issues, but the bills this season seem to me to be especially weak in that area. The backup corners, safeties, wrs, qbs, and tes are just bad.

The Steelers and Pats have HOF qbs. There is zero difference between Landry Jones and EJ. And Jimmy G looked pretty good beating bad teams. I'd love to see if he was legit over a full season.

And the Fins feast on crap teams. But Tyrod and Rex are definitely subpar. But the Bills had a bunch of injuries and nearly beat the Seahawks on the road, in one of the few games Taylor looked like a qb. If he played like that more consistently, this team is in the playoffs. I think it is that simple.

The Steelers and Pats have HOF qbs. There is zero difference between Landry Jones and EJ. And Jimmy G looked pretty good beating bad teams. I'd love to see if he was legit over a full season.

And the Fins feast on crap teams. But Tyrod and Rex are definitely subpar. But the Bills had a bunch of injuries and nearly beat the Seahawks on the road, in one of the few games Taylor looked like a qb. If he played like that more consistently, this team is in the playoffs. I think it is that simple.

Every team in the nfl has the occasional good game, even the browns in a loss. Picking out one good game from taylor and the bills offense is therefore pretty meaningless. Look at the overall body of work. The Bills defense has been bottom third 2 years running (using FO's metric) despite the money invested there. And it's not all Rex's fault. Some of those guys are JAGs.