Sammy: Not Exactly a Vote of Confidence for Rex

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread's logic:

"I love asparagus. Asparagus is definitely not my favorite vegetable, though."

I love asparagus. Asparagus is definitely not my favorite vegetable, though.
That guy HATES asparagus.

Sounds like a vote of confidence for this thread.

Then they shouldn't have spent 2 firsts and a fourth on him.

At the time of drafting Sammy, we had one year of EJ Manuel under our belt and we had reservations about him, but we were excited to see him progress in 2014. He regressed. Whaley tried to give Manuel the tools to succeed.

This thread's logic:

How does pee smell exactly like asparagus after you eat asparagus?

precisely. I don't know what people wanted him to say. for sammy it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with this fan base.

Yep. Sammy avoids saying anything controversial just like we urged him to after that ill advised "you to back to your little jobs" tweet; we respond by accusing the most innocuous comment of being damning of Rex.

@MatthewFairburn

Sammy Watkins on Rex Ryan's future: "If he's here I would love it, if not we have to move on. This is a business."

I am not quite sure how this is being talked about as a lack of vote of confidence. Sammy doesnt make FO decisions nor is he speculating on it. He is just being asked to comment on the possibility and speculation of him leaving. He literally gave him a vote of confidence saying he would love him to be here, but if something did happen its out of his hands and the team needs to move on. So this reads more like a vote of confidence about Sammy's personal preference of having him stay. Trust me, the players have no idea if he is going or staying at this point, all they can do is answer the questions being asked by reporters.

I am not quite sure how this is being talked about as a lack of vote of confidence. Sammy doesnt make FO decisions nor is he speculating on it. He is just being asked to comment on the possibility and speculation of him leaving. He literally gave him a vote of confidence saying he would love him to be here, but if something did happen its out of his hands and the team needs to move on. So this reads more like a vote of confidence about Sammy's personal preference of having him stay. Trust me, the players have no idea if he is going or staying at this point, all they can do is answer the questions being asked by reporters.

Which is what makes these questions so stupid. The media are looking for exactly this, for something to get people to read about the Bills. Watkins comments on Ryan's future will get clicks and so they ask him, and even though he doesn't say much, they push readers to read into it. "What is he really saying here?!?!"

Edited by What a Tuel

I think he most wants a real qb who will accurately throw him the ball so he can prove himself. If we don't have one by then, he is going to take offers.

Precisely. I think there was a pass in which HE CAUGHT that he still.looked like he was not pleased. I think it was placement or a late throw. They showed a closeup of him shaking his head. It may have been the one that was challenged. I have to go back and look

Precisely. I think there was a pass in which HE CAUGHT that he still.looked like he was not pleased. I think it was placement or a late throw. They showed a closeup of him shaking his head. It may have been the one that was challenged. I have to go back and look

He was payed $337,500 for that catch...what's not to be pleased about?

It is a business, I bet Sammy is waiting to leave also.

This thread's logic:

My logic is I don't eat Asparagus b.c it makes my pee smell.

At the time of drafting Sammy, we had one year of EJ Manuel under our belt and we had reservations about him, but we were excited to see him progress in 2014. He regressed. Whaley tried to give Manuel the tools to succeed.

I really do see and understand the logic you describe. I honestly get it. That said, there were receivers galore in that draft. And I must say that it just plain sucks that when the Bills make moves like this they always seem to get bit in the ass.