CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah no.

I was here all year. Through the 4 game winning streak early in the season to our most recent struggles.

And yes, typically I would be back, but I will be occupied with work the next couple years during Sunday's.... Otherwise your right I'd have no self control and would watch.

Are you going on that Mars mission?! Working on a Sunday NO BUENO

I realize it's easy to blame a nameless, faceless informant for "tearing the team and fanbase apart," (very melodramatic, btw), but no one would care, on this team or on this board, about those reports if the Bills hold on against the Raiders. Or if they don't look like a team headed for the gallows against Pittsburgh, getting run over left and right.

I wish it was as simple as "be positive and positive things will happen," but if LaCanfora's report doesn't come out on Sunday, Zach Brown still shy's away from tackles and Bell still embarrasses us, and Rex's seat would still be hot. That's just the truth. Do you think Jerry was screaming at Rob because of Vic Carrucci, or because he's pissed at the performance on the field?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One reason the Pegs might be reluctant to throw Rex into a snowbank is the message that sends to potential HC hires. Getting a top flight HC into Buffalo is always difficult and firing him now would likely be seen as intemperate and a sign that ownership is unstable.

I suspect the Pegs figure it's best to let the season play out before making a move, hoping, I'd bet, that Rex royally screws it up. Then they can dismiss him "reluctantly and with great regret that things just didn't work out."

while I don't think he had the discipline and accountability with the Giants at the end (obj was a train wreck and the team was just bad and penalty prone) he is the "opposite" of Rex and teams usually go for that with a coaching change. Like from marrone to Rex. I think my excitement level with Coughlin would really depend on who his coordinators were. He does seem like a good "fit" at this time with where the organization is.

I would be fairly excited with Coughlin, because he has been in the league enough to know that without a franchise QB you are going nowhere and I believe that his first requirement as HC, would be to get one.

One reason the Pegs might be reluctant to throw Rex into a snowbank is the message that sends to potential HC hires. Getting a top flight HC into Buffalo is always difficult and firing him now would likely be seen as intemperate and a sign that ownership is unstable.

I suspect the Pegs figure it's best to let the season play out before making a move, hoping, I'd bet, that Rex royally screws it up. Then they can dismiss him "reluctantly and with great regret that things just didn't work out."

Good point and very true. Canning Rex right now would be the "same ol Ralph's Bills". Even if he does deserve to be fired.

Ralph gave Chan 3 years and Jauron 3 years, so how would that be same old Bills?

I don't think people understand this. The same old Bills would be taking something that will never work and giving it another year.

Making a difference between 2 or 3 years is splitting hairs. Neither are "long enough" as far as outside coaches and experts are concerned.

Jason Garrett was 8-8 his first 3 years and on the hot seat every single one of them, but Jones stuck with him, supported him with staff changes, and look where they are today.

Im NOT arguing the Bills should keep Rex. But I am saying if Pegula is hesitant to make rash decisions in the middle of the season, I understand why.

Ralph DID have a problem with coaches. Hiring and keeping them. I am not just pulling that out of thin air, it's well known.

Making a difference between 2 or 3 years is splitting hairs. Neither are "long enough" as far as outside coaches and experts are concerned.

Jason Garrett was 8-8 his first 3 years and on the hot seat every single one of them, but Jones stuck with him, supported him with staff changes, and look where they are today.

Im NOT arguing the Bills should keep Rex. But I am saying if Pegula is hesitant to make rash decisions in the middle of the season, I understand why.

Ralph DID have a problem with coaches. Hiring and keeping them. I am not just pulling that out of thin air, it's well known.

3 years is not SOP around the league? Huh?

For every Jason Garrett, there are several Jeff Fisher's, Gus Bradley's and Dick Jauron's. The argument that firing a defensive coach who can't coach defense after 2 years would poison outside coaches is ludicrous. Do you think Cowher, Gruden etc etc are sitting at home watching that Steelers game and saying, "the Bills better keep Rex, he's got a good thing going?" No chance.

Rex ain't a young college guy learning on the job. If it was a younger guy, you expect growing pains. Rex is a 7 year veteran HC who has lost the locker room. 9/10 HC's understand he's done.

Edited by jmc12290

Pegula needs to make this decision, it isn't a rash decision it is the only one that actually makes sense. Edited by Beef Jerky

Pegula needs to make this decision, it isn't a rash decision it is the only one that actually makes sense.

I dont think you guys understand what Im saying, and Ive laid it out pretty plainly.

With regards to "Firing Rex right now, mid-season"... While you and I and everyone on this side of things may see it as something that should happen, people outside of the team will perceive it as the same old Bills who never stick with a coach. Even firing him after the season will get that perception. Right or wrong. It's ALREADY been said on talk shows on major media outlets when discussing the Bills this week.

Firing a Head Coach 1.5 years into a 5 year contract will be seen as rash, no matter the circumstance.

Firing a HC 2 years into a 5 year contract will be seen as rash by many.

Like it or not. We are still the Same Ol Bills.

For every Jason Garrett, there are several Jeff Fisher's, Gus Bradley's and Dick Jauron's. The argument that firing a defensive coach who can't coach defense after 2 years would poison outside coaches is ludicrous. Do you think Cowher, Gruden etc etc are sitting at home watching that Steelers game and saying, "the Bills better keep Rex, he's got a good thing going?" No chance.

Rex ain't a young college guy learning on the job. If it was a younger guy, you expect growing pains. Rex is a 7 year veteran HC who has lost the locker room. 9/10 HC's understand he's done.

3 years is SOP for teams like the Rams, Jags, and Bills. You are correct, and that is what everyone else is saying too.

And no, Cowher and Gruden arent saying "They should keep Rex". What they are saying is, "Another short coach life, what a **** show, no way would I work for that mess of a franchise."

Edited by DrDareustein

Fisher led his team to the playoffs 4 times in his first 9 full seasons, including the SB and an AFC championship game. 4 times in 9 years isnt great but he hardly has the trash record that people make it out to be.. He had more playoff seasons than losing seasons with the Titans and had a .542 winning percentage.

Now, Im not saying he was some great coach, but people act like hes the worst thing that ever happned to coaching, and hes not. Hes just a douchebag which makes people want to labke him horrible instead of the above average coach he was for much of his career.

I dont think you guys understand what Im saying, and Ive laid it out pretty plainly.

With regards to "Firing Rex right now, mid-season"... While you and I and everyone on this side of things may see it as something that should happen, people outside of the team will perceive it as the same old Bills who never stick with a coach. Even firing him after the season will get that perception. Right or wrong. It's ALREADY been said on talk shows on major media outlets when discussing the Bills this week.

Firing a Head Coach 1.5 years into a 5 year contract will be seen as rash, no matter the circumstance.

Firing a HC 2 years into a 5 year contract will be seen as rash by many.

Like it or not. We are still the Same Ol Bills.

3 years is SOP for teams like the Rams, Jags, and Bills. You are correct, and that is what everyone else is saying too.

It will be seen as rash to all those people who aren't Bills fans, who don't give a **** about Bills success, and to someone like on Mike and Mike who said the same thing... He is a Jets fan of course he wants Rex another year.

Giving a coach more years only works if you hired the right staff. For !@#$s sake you can tell that it is not and will not work. This team is getting healthier yet they are getting worse!

Is there any point where LaConjecture loses any credibility?

It seems like every thing he puts out is wrong- sent this fan base into a tizzy with apparently baseless info-

I have inside information that it will get dark tonight and light again tomorrow-

I am instantly more accurate than LaConjecture

It will be seen as rash to all those people who aren't Bills fans, who don't give a **** about Bills success, and to someone like on Mike and Mike who said the same thing... He is a Jets fan of course he wants Rex another year.

Giving a coach more years only works if you hired the right staff. For !@#$s sake you can tell that it is not and will not work. This team is getting healthier yet they are getting worse!

Ok, you simply arent going to comprehend what Im saying. Fair enough, we're done.