GM Whaley

WIDE LEFT

But I did like the Takeo Spikes signing, brought in Bledsoe while that move didn't work out well it did put Buffalo on the map of being relevant again. As to QB what other choice did he have besides Johnson, the midget? the same midget who told the Bills he wasn't going to live in Buffalo for the off-season to workout with the team.

Donohoe's signature initial moves were to hire Gregg Williams, go with Rob Johnson, and exile Ted Washington. These decisions put him deep in the hole, and he never was able to climb out despite drafting/signing the occasional good player.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait unit this off season, the Bills are going to be a mess.

1. CAP

2. Free Agents

3. No QB.

And Clay/McCoy contracts...

And, the Bills won't be playing the NFC West next year.

Last year it was "The Bills won't be playing the crappy NFC East next year, they've got the tough NFC West"

This year it is "The Bills won't be playing the crappy NFC West next year, they've got the tough NFC South"

:lol:

I'm a Whaley fan. I feel he's brought in and drafted some really good talent. Unfortunately the coaching isn't taking advantage of it. It didn't help him with Lawson missing time and Ragland missing the entire year. We just got to get the Qb situation figured out.

There is the rub. Until the Quarterback position is solidified Whaley is just another GM.

And my favorite, often repeated by two lazy nitwits on WGR, one of whom believes he is a bulldog of sorts, whining about the trade up to get Watkins. You would think Whaley gave up the entire future of the franchise by giving up first round pick (19th overall) in the following year. But they can never tell you who that future hall of fame player was that the Bills missed out on by giving up that 19th pick. Go ahead, look at that draft and tell me what player available there could have turned this franchise around. I guarantee that your Bulldog was to lazy to even research that. Hey it's easier to just go on the air and shoot from the uninformed hip. BTW - if you do find such a player, what's the guarantee the Bills would have picked him.

You're under the assumption that the job of the radio guys is to be accurate or put some sort of effort towards being reasonable. It's not.

Their job is to attract listeners which means they will say whatever gets people listening. They will lie, make stuff up, pander to the audience, takes thing way out of context, etc. because it gets the "loons" who believe it and then it gets the people who are aghast that they would say these things.

I can understand why people would be frustrated with Whaley, but I'm fine with him. He's put together a talented football team, outside of QB, and frankly there's only 10 or so good QBs in the league, with most of them having been around a long time. So, easier said than done there.

Coaching is where our big issues are. We'd be doing just fine if we had a defense. Even with a mediocre QB in TT.

Edited by Dorkington

Whaley is the best GM we've had since the 90's. Better than Donahoe, Levy, and Nix. The mold takes time and he inherited a team with very little talent overall. His drafts, trades, and FA pickups have completely turned around the talent level on this team. We are still lacking a legit passer at the QB position and a coach to bring it all together. If we could get the legit QB then even Rex could succeed if you ask me. No one can argue that the team has been any better overall talent wise in the last 17 years. Maybe the early 2000's had a little better defense lingering from the previous regime, but overall it's comparable. To be great we need a legit QB and the right coach would just be the icing on the cake.

And Whaley had the ability to draft a WR not named Watkins, make a move and draft Carr or Bridgewater. Could've drafted Dak Prescott but decided Adolphus Washington was more critical. Lacking a QB is a big problem, refusing to solve it is inexcusable. The guy is more of a scout than a team builder with vision.

I can understand why people would be frustrated with Whaley, but I'm fine with him. He's put together a talented football team,

I don't get why so many people are fine with him. Talented teams win, we don't. Talent makes plays. Our team talent is over-rated

And Whaley had the ability to draft a WR not named Watkins, make a move and draft Carr or Bridgewater. Could've drafted Dak Prescott but decided Adolphus Washington was more critical. Lacking a QB is a big problem, refusing to solve it is inexcusable. The guy is more of a scout than a team builder with vision.

He can't scout offense worth a chit. He is part of the problem.

I don't get why so many people are fine with him. Talented teams win, we don't. Talent makes plays. Our team talent is over-rated

it's astonishing. at some point, you would think that people will realize personnel trumps everything else. great gm's tend to have more that 1 winning season on their resume.

You're under the assumption that the job of the radio guys is to be accurate or put some sort of effort towards being reasonable. It's not.

Their job is to attract listeners which means they will say whatever gets people listening. They will lie, make stuff up, pander to the audience, takes thing way out of context, etc. because it gets the "loons" who believe it and then it gets the people who are aghast that they would say these things.

Sounds like a certain PEOTUS.

Whaley and the Bills FO do a better job with pro talent evaluation than college talent evaluation. Overall, I think he has done a good job adding talent to a roster that had holes all over the place when he took over.

However, if Pegs wants to clean house (including Whaley) to attempt to fully change the culture I'm all good with that too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the media does not scout, evaluate, or draft players; nor does it sign free agents nor make personnel decisions. WGR or the print media do not develop or execute game plans, offensive or defensive systems. Sully or Bucky Gleason did not have decision-making authority over the LOUSY first round picks over the last several years of who coaches the team. And I don't need the media to inform the Bills are a losing organization, I know that! This organization has a losing culture, and changes need to happen, including Whaley.

Whaley is apparently better at playing the political game with ownership than he is at drafting and putting a team together. Wheels keep spinning in mud.

Even Ray Charles can see that!