So if Bills win Steelers game?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not by a long shot. even if they win out, not by along shot...

Why do we assume 10-6 wont be enough? IF we go 10-6 (and I highly doubt we will), then it will be with wins over Pittsburgh and Miami.

Here are the teams currently ahead of us:

Chiefs/Raiders (okay, lets assume that we wont pass them,,,so its down to 1 WC slot we are cometing for)

Miami - Best they can finish is 10-6, but with games left against cardinals and Patriots 9-7 is probably best case.

Steelers - Best they can finish is 10-6, but have a h2h loss against us. Would need to beat Bengals and Ravens.

Ravens - Still have Pats, Eagles, Steelers and Benga's. Unlikely they finish better than 10-6. Could win division.

Broncos - Seemingly Sitting pretty at 8-4, but have the Patriots, Chiefs, Raiders and Titans left. ouch. Doubt they exceed 9-7.

Titans/Colts/Texans - all 6-6 now. one will win the division, but these teams still have many games against each other left, and alot of nonconference games against the raiders and chiefs. Unlikely anyone here gets to 10-6. It is impossible for 2 teams to win out, so the 2nd place team wont be better than 9-7.

So really, its likely it is us vs. Ravens for that last spot (again, assuming we win out). But if the Ravens win the division...im not sure who else is really a danger.

Why do we assume 10-6 wont be enough? IF we go 10-6 (and I highly doubt we will), then it will be with wins over Pittsburgh and Miami.

Here are the teams currently ahead of us:

Chiefs/Raiders (okay, lets assume that we wont pass them,,,so its down to 1 WC slot we are cometing for)

Miami - Best they can finish is 10-6, but with games left against cardinals and Patriots 9-7 is probably best case.

Steelers - Best they can finish is 10-6, but have a h2h loss against us. Would need to beat Bengals and Ravens.

Ravens - Still have Pats, Eagles, Steelers and Benga's. Unlikely they finish better than 10-6. Could win division.

Broncos - Seemingly Sitting pretty at 8-4, but have the Patriots, Chiefs, Raiders and Titans left. ouch. Doubt they exceed 9-7.

Titans/Colts/Texans - all 6-6 now. one will win the division, but these teams still have many games against each other left, and alot of nonconference games against the raiders and chiefs. Unlikely anyone here gets to 10-6. It is impossible for 2 teams to win out, so the 2nd place team wont be better than 9-7.

So really, its likely it is us vs. Ravens for that last spot (again, assuming we win out). But if the Ravens win the division...im not sure who else is really a danger.

Exactly. But no one wants to hear it. We have a full roster (sort of) for the first time since week 2 and 4 winnable games. But people still wallowing in NorCal mud.

It will only prove the Steelers are overrated, and the Bills will lose to Cleveland.

When Promo leaves the building then I know all is lost.... :)

Exactly. But no one wants to hear it. We have a full roster (sort of) for the first time since week 2 and 4 winnable games. But people still wallowing in NorCal mud.

When Promo leaves the building then I know all is lost.... :)

Might not have Kyle this week. Back locked up on him.

If the Bills beat the Steelers, all it means is that they are still alive and have 3 more opportunities to keep winning and keep their playoff hopes alive. They must win out to have ANY chance. A Pittsburgh win will extend the season. It will not answer any other questions with any certainty. It is an opportunity for Tyrod to have a strong game and an opportunity for the defense to be more consistent. But nothing more than that.

All is well then? What if they win convincingly? All is well then? What will it take to get people back on the 2016 bus?

A convincing win might get be back on the 2016 bus, but with my hand on the "request stop" button. I don't expect a convincing win; I expect a loss that feels like we could have or should have won. Next most likely outcome IMO is a loss where we're never really in it. But I also wouldn't be shocked if the Bills beat the Steelers then lose to the Browns.

I will say right now that if the Bills play 4 complete games down the stretch and win them all, I'll consider the season a success whether they make the playoffs or not. A complete game would be one where both offense and defense look good in all 4 quarters, and special teams aren't atrocious. Doesn't necessarily mean a blowout, because the other team might be playing well, too. But I'm done with moral victories -- if we look great but lose because Roethlisberger and Brown were ridiculous, the Bills still suck. I've already cut them a lot of slack this season (and many others), and there's no more slack to cut.