Taylor showing frustration to Buffalo media

YoloinOhio

Good media narrative, the irony is the same media is unable to assail Rex for his subpar defense. What gives? I know Rex is a Trump guy so any criticism comes with the possibility of an unfortunate "accident" or disappearance.

What? Trump isn't the one that has 6 dead bodies....That was Clinton. Some people just have to turn it political. From the words of Obama 8 years ago, "get over it you lost and we won".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame him for that, even though I don't think he's "the guy" I don't question this man's work ethic, effort, and commitment to the game. Dealing with the media should be the last thing he needs to worry about right now.

I agree , he's giving it all he has, it's just not there.

This situation is not about talent, it is about leadership and players wanting to win and be led.

When the wheels start to come off TT job is not to participate in the fall but to stop the mental breakdown of his team mates and get them focused.

Rex losses it at times like this and distances himself from his players. He also needs to buck up when this is happening.

not speaking of talent but leadership....this team has no Talley or Kelly or Beebe, or Hull.

Taylor has shown he is a let's face what's right in front of me guy. Look at the contract he signed. I don't see anything wrong here. Taylor said he wants to focus on Pittsburgh and the other stuff will be taken care of later. Is he not right? Reporters sometimes turn into instigators, wanting to become part of the story. 'Asked and answered' needs to be a phrase more professionals learn.

Good media narrative, the irony is the same media is unable to assail Rex for his subpar defense. What gives? I know Rex is a Trump guy so any criticism comes with the possibility of an unfortunate "accident" or disappearance.

unbelievable... funny I was driving along the Potomac last week past Fort Marcy Park where bubba clinton's good buddy vince foster shot himself in the head in 1993.. wonder why he did that... no one every figured that one out... hmmm

Excuse me? He got a $6MM+ raise this year and will cash in when he's a free agent next year, with the added bonus of leaving this black hole of football.

the media is half the problem. not their job to be fanboys, but that presser and the line of questioning only reduced this kid's chances of playing well on Sunday. thanks a lot 8th grade 3rd tier market B Lo media. good job of cutting the 1st year true starter kid down. perfect. did it ever occur to you media morons that reflecting 8th grade noisy fan angst lowers your professional standards to their lever of knee jerk idiocy? . Sure , help run the guy out of town. TT will just cash in somewhere else and we are left with who knows what next year and we "start all over again". this market deserves what they get from the Bills - nothing.

Ooo nooo poor guy getting asked questions about his poor QB play. No no Bad Media

When belichek refuses to answer questions it's ok, and kinda funny. on to Baltimore. Etc. but when a player doesn't wanna talk about his contract he's a baby. Guy says he's focused on Pittsburgh, and guess what we have until like march to decide what to do with his contract... i wouldn't be super focused on it either.

Also, breaking news! Rodak made another click bait "article"... watching the press conference it was not a big deal, but well say the locker room is falling apart.

The worst was when Sammy did a 30 minute interview with Dunn and like 15 seconds of it focused on more targets. Next day rodak writes an article, uses that quote and basically says Sammy is a selfish POS. News these days... all clicks.

Edited by dneveu

Don't blame him for that, even though I don't think he's "the guy" I don't question this man's work ethic, effort, and commitment to the game. Dealing with the media should be the last thing he needs to worry about right now.

Unfortunately agreement with Networks as part of payment to NFL requires players deal with media, at least those who are paying. Never heard of a player being fined for refusing to not speak with local print media.

plus Skurski (linked article) and Wawrow (and pretty much everyone who was there)

I mean, his answers don't seem bad on here...

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/07/said-buffalo-bills-transcripts-rex-ryan-tyrod-taylor-five-others-wednesday/

Because he doesn't outright say "I need to be better" he's like their enemy. They all need to be better... he's right in that regard.

Unfortunately agreement with Networks as part of payment to NFL requires players deal with media, at least those who are paying. Never heard of a player being fined for refusing to not speak with local print media.

He answered all of their questions. They just spin it because he was a dick to them and they didn't like it. He didn't wanna answer their contract related questions. Questions that should be directed at, I dunno the gm? The pegulas? Someone who might actually have the ability to make that decision.

I'd have probably answered it as, I'm either here or I'm not here... that's not really up to me. And even then u can spin it as he doesn't care or something.

Frustration boils over for Tyrod Taylor after testy 10-minute press conferencehttp://buffalonews.com/2016/12/07/frustration-boils-tyrod-taylor-testy-10-minute-press-conference/

I loved that interview. Say what you will about him, but he's saying the right things, and he's saying it like he means it: focus on pitt, focus on improving, and don't point fingers. What's not to like about that?

Ooo nooo poor guy getting asked questions about his poor QB play. No no Bad Media

This is an inaacurate interpretatioon of the text.

I loved that interview. Say what you will about him, but he's saying the right things, and he's saying it like he means it: focus on pitt, focus on improving, and don't point fingers. What's not to like about that?

This is an inaacurate interpretatioon of the text.

Exactly. Nothing at all wrong with his answers. Reporters were trying to goad him into talking about his contract and he did not take the bait, and then they spin it to try to create some interest in their article. Nothing to see here.

I heard the PC with McCoy and someone, pretty sure it was Carucci given today's article, kept trying to get him to throw Taylor under the bus, but could not do it. It would have been a nice quote for the article he had obviously already written, or at least planned. All part of the game. Good job by both Taylor and McCoy in not feeding the beast.

the media is half the problem. not their job to be fanboys, but that presser and the line of questioning only reduced this kid's chances of playing well on Sunday. thanks a lot 8th grade 3rd tier market B Lo media. good job of cutting the 1st year true starter kid down. perfect. did it ever occur to you media morons that reflecting 8th grade noisy fan angst lowers your professional standards to their lever of knee jerk idiocy? . Sure , help run the guy out of town. TT will just cash in somewhere else and we are left with who knows what next year and we "start all over again". this market deserves what they get from the Bills - nothing.

He answered all of their questions. They just spin it because he was a dick to them and they didn't like it. He didn't wanna answer their contract related questions. Questions that should be directed at, I dunno the gm? The pegulas? Someone who might actually have the ability to make that decision.

I'd have probably answered it as, I'm either here or I'm not here... that's not really up to me. And even then u can spin it as he doesn't care or something.

Exactly. Media wants the story to be about THEM - they want to ask leading questions and you either give them reply they want or they twist things to make you appear sully.

Just report facts media; leave the opinions to editorial columns unless you can show a professional team is willing to hire you for your insight.

As a starting QB for 1 of only 32 franchises in the world, I think it is his job to deal with the media.

Never understood this logic, not once. We are not entitled to hear what athletes have to say and I'd like someone, somewhere to give one good reason why we should be? If you buy a ticket, that entitles you to nothing but tour seat to the performance. Do we expect/require/demand bands and actors stand up for a press conference and answer questions after every performance? And save the "we pay for their stadiums" BS because that means we should be holding out politicians accountable, not the athletes. If only the media here in Buffalo held our state and local leaders to the same levels of accountability and expectation, this state and region wouldn't be dying (it is, don't fool yourself). We wouldn't have untouchable shadow govts like water authorities and thruway authorities, wasted expenditures, inefficient service delivery, and the multtide of structural problems that killing this place in the first place and won't be fixed with new buildings and craft breweries.

I prefer Lynch's approach to the media, which is beat it losers. And Belichek's complete disdain for them. When a guy who spends his life hiding behind the ink barrel and hasn't been a CEO or pro athletes tries to act like he's knows what he's talking about, it tends to come off as childish.

Edited by zonabb