C'mon people.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody really think the Bills were going to beat the Raiders in Oakland.............without the services of TE Clay, WR Woods, WR Harvin, CB Darby............and with WR Watkins still not 100%??

The point is that there are four games left.........three at home.............and the Bills STILL have a chance to make the playoffs.

Beating Pittsburgh will be their toughest task, although maybe not as tough as having to beat Oakland on the road.

I happen to think that if the Bills can beat Pitt that they could run the table as they face winless Cleveland at home, a weakened Miami at home, and a Petty-led NYJ team away that looks like they have packed it in for the winter.

Have a lil faith.

Did anyone really think the Bills would be up 24-9 more than midway through the 3rd Quarter and seemingly be in total control of the game?

It's not so much that they lost...It's that they completely blew a totally winnable game when they had it...They had it...A couple sustained drives on Offense...Almost any points for the rest of the game and they win it...They mainly needed to take time off the clock with a few 1st downs...But they gagged...Well...Mostly the QB gagged...But still...

I mean...If you want to take the Rex route and just praise Oakland like they are the 78 Steelers and seemingly unbeatable, than I hear you...We had no business winning there...Those massive giants of the NFL who have one of the worst Defenses in then league..Yet...They managed to completely shut us out, when we had been moving the ball well most of the game, and outscore us 29-0 in the final 20 minutes...3 and outs, two turnovers, and not much Defense for the last 20 minutes...That was a joke...That should basically never happen in the NFL...At least not to a team that expects their fans to hope for the Playoffs...

Faith? That was gone long ago...Over a decade ago...It's mostly disdain now for this bunch of chokers and their self-proclaimed Defensive genius of a HC...And mostly disdain for the chokers that came before them...Can't step up and beat a good team when they have them on the ropes...Year, after year, after year, after year of losing winnable games and "We'll get em' next year..." No...Faith is long gone...I'm stuck with them...Almost 50 years as a fan now...But I don't have to be blind...And I definitely don't have to accept it...

I believe the statistical chances of the Bills making the Playoffs right now sits at about 10%...They grow to a little less than 30% if they beat Pittsburgh...I swear I'm not trying to be a jerk about this (I'm just a realist), but I think any Playoff talk at this point is basically the equivalent of a fantasy, wrapped in a pipe-dream...The Bills don't even belong in the Playoff picture...They are not good enough...They have beaten one good team...Of course that one good team was starting their 3rd sting injured QB...Other than that they have won 5 games against teams with an average of 3.2 wins so far this year...Playoffs?... :lol:

Did anybody really think the Bills were going to beat the Raiders in Oakland.............without the services of TE Clay, WR Woods, WR Harvin, CB Darby............and with WR Watkins still not 100%??

The point is that there are four games left.........three at home.............and the Bills STILL have a chance to make the playoffs.

Beating Pittsburgh will be their toughest task, although maybe not as tough as having to beat Oakland on the road.

I happen to think that if the Bills can beat Pitt that they could run the table as they face winless Cleveland at home, a weakened Miami at home, and a Petty-led NYJ team away that looks like they have packed it in for the winter.

Have a lil faith.

8-8. Lock it in.

Fans acting like a second half lead against Oakland means anything in 2016.

It's easy to tell the posters who watch other teams and those that don't.

What is this supposed to mean? We should be ok with them blowing a 2 td lead because other teams have against Oakland?

I want the Bills to be a playoff team. I'm sick of hearing excuses about the qb and the coaches, etc. this league is filled with crappy teams and the Bills still couldn't take advantage of it.

Have a lil faith.

I never expected them to win...I never expected them to be up 24-9, then surrender 29 unanswered points either. This defense should be way better than that at this point, especially when your head coach and his brother are defensive "guru's".

Yep.

Must be Tuesday after an embarrassing loss in December.

The annual "we still have a chance" and "Relax, we can still make it" posts are starting to rear their heads.

It's a broken freaking record.

There is a seasonal cycle to discussion at this forum!

It's always the same.

It would be funny if it wasn't so f-ing pathetic.

Edited by Fadingpain

See the therad on "killer instinct". We dont have it. And we're not going to the playoffs till we get it.

it's not killer instinct they need. it's called being good enough to beat a good team once they wake up and have made adjustments to our game.

Browns best shot at a W is vs the Bills. Once Pitt crushes our slimy little hopes, chances are the Browns git r done. Miami still playing for something, they come up here and watch us run for the bus. Cardale vs the Jets and the Jets close out Rex's career. 6-10 sounds like our usual pathetic record.

Edited by jumbalaya

It's a broken freaking record.

There is a seasonal cycle to discussion at this forum!

It's always the same.

It would be funny if it was so f-ing pathetic.

Holy Shite! You are correct. I realized I've been on this board since 2001. WOW!!! 15 years and it really is the same year in and year out. This is our December discussion on road to 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7....

Never good enough to make the playoffs, never bad enough to land a blue-chipper. Never smart enough to find a diamond in the rough, never healthy enough to make a run, never talented enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB. Never tough enough to overcome obstacles and be winner and always, always, making excuses, sharing dreams and calling for the head of a crappy head coach.

Browns best shot at a W is vs the Bills. Once Pitt crushes our slimy little hopes, chances are the Browns git r done. Miami still playing for something, they come up here and watch us run for the bus. Cardale vs the Jets and the Jets close out Rex's career. 6-10 sounds like our usual pathetic record.

It's a damn shame... Handing Cardale a team with no hope is a terrible idea... If he has something to play for, I know this kid will win.

Beforehand, did I think they would do it? Probably not, given the circumstances.

A few minutes in the 2nd half, you're damn right I did. The collapse is the thing that's bugging me, not the defeat itself.

For the first half and five minutes into the third quarter they were the better team. Other than giving the Raiders 3 easy points at the end of the first half. How the Raiders dominated the last 25 minutes of the game shows how far from a playoff team the Bills are.

What is this supposed to mean? We should be ok with them blowing a 2 td lead because other teams have against Oakland?

I want the Bills to be a playoff team. I'm sick of hearing excuses about the qb and the coaches, etc. this league is filled with crappy teams and the Bills still couldn't take advantage of it.

No, your supposed to act superior because you didn't think they would win the game and then remind us all again how they only lost because of TT and how they went 3 and out 3 times (even though it was after they already had a lead and then the defence couldn't get out of the Oakland Offences way fast enough to let them score.......)

You haven't been watching Bills - Browns match ups in recent years if you see a 35-3 game. It's probably more like 8-5

And people obviously havent been watching the Browns this year if they believe they can beat anyone in the NFL right now..........

I didnt think we were going to win that game...until we were up 24-9. Then I thought hey we might actually pull this one out. I dont think people are so mad about the loss as much as people are pissed about the fashion in which we lost.

After the 1st Oakland TD I was like - "ok just don't go 3 and out."

We bring out the god damn wildcat for two plays in a row. :wallbash:

After the punt - "ok just stop them, defense, you've done ok so far"

Oakland immediately scores a TD. :wallbash:

After the 2nd Oakland TD - I was like "ok... Tyrod work some magic, we are still up by one, just don't go three and out"

We go three and out :wallbash:

After the punt - "ok defense, for the love of god just stop them"

Oakland immediately scores a 3rd TD :wallbash:

After the 3rd Oakland TD, "ok.....only one score down, you can't possibly go 3 and out again"

WTF :wallbash:

After the punt and subsequent defensive stop "ok we got a stop, just get it together guys!"

Tyrod throws an interception (off of his arm being hit), Raiders score a 4th td. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

This is what infuriated me the most. The utter and sudden collapse of what looked like a promising game. How the f does that happen?

Edited by What a Tuel

Many people thought if they went 5-1 down the stretch to get to 10-6 they had a shot. I think most of us are still stunned by the epic collapse. The fact is 10-6 probably is not good enough for a WC spot regardless of whether or not you think they can win the remaining four games.

I just hope they win all four or lose all four. A 10-6 season with all the injuries is a true accomplishment and a sign this team is not as far away as many on this board (including myself) think. 6-10 and Pegua fires everyone.