Time to Evaluate Cardale

Fadingpain

Not necessarily. If we see Cardale in the lineup it could be because we are not sure if we should move on from Tyrod or not and we want to see just how unrealistic a proposition it is to start Cardale next year.

I highly doubt they are undecided in terms of what Tyrod can do on the field. He is not going to reveal anything more in the next few games than what he has shown already.

I'm not sure which QB this refers to! :lol:

It could be any of them.

Did you mean EJ, Tyrod, or CJ?

The EJ train has left the station. He's done.

Tyrod is now a known commodity. He may well NOT be done, but we know what we have in him at this point.

The only question mark is CJ (for now) and that's why I'd like to throw him the keys to the car for a planned start with a week of preparation/practice knowing he's the starter, during the regular season, against a real NFL team not made of 2nds and 3rds, in a game which "counts" in terms of opposing team effort.

Let him sink or swim. The results of the actual game are immaterial relative to our success this season as a whole anyway.

All of this makes sense - but i still go out and try and win this game. If we can take care of business the last 4 weeks, the playoffs aren't likely but are at least possible.

Lose this one - and I'm open to whatever. But you may as well move on from Tyrod since you will have shattered any faith you appeared to have in the guy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardale is evaluated by the coaches every day. If he was the better option to play, he would already be playing. There is no need to throw him in to any games this year to figure out that this is a guy who has virtually no experience at the college level, has great skills, but has no clue how to play QB in the NFL. They are teaching him everything from the ground up. Anyone expecting him to be ready to play a meaningful game in this year is deluding themselves. He might be ready to be a back up by next year. Tyrod is the QB for the balance of this year unless he gets hurt. Then EJ.

The problem with playing Cardale now is some morons will say he sucks and want to get rid of him if he struggles.

I doubt anyone will say they should get rid of him. Just that the Bills might need to draft one early next year.

Cardale is evaluated by the coaches every day. If he was the better option to play, he would already be playing. There is no need to throw him in to any games this year to figure out that this is a guy who has virtually no experience at the college level, has great skills, but has no clue how to play QB in the NFL. They are teaching him everything from the ground up. Anyone expecting him to be ready to play a meaningful game in this year is deluding themselves. He might be ready to be a back up by next year. Tyrod is the QB for the balance of this year unless he gets hurt. Then EJ.

I disagree. I think that the mostly the lack of experience, plus TT's contract and the team still being in contention, are what are keeping CJ on the bench. Once the playoffs are out of reach, I think they skip over EJ (who will likely be gone over the off-season so why play him) and start CJ. Start getting him some experience and see what they have/whether they need to draft a QB high next year.

The Billsl have ruined a lot of QB's in their time......don't rush Cardale into the game until they think he is ready to get a shot. I don't agree that TT cannot be the Qb of the future. I don't know what to do about the foolish contract the Bills gave him. Would not surprise me to see him play elsewhere for same money as he might not get here. Ossweiler go $18mil a year...and has shown less than TT.........TT will never be Andrew Luck....but, he might be Alex Smith

The problem with playing Cardale now is some morons will say he sucks and want to get rid of him if he struggles.

Yet we tolerate rookie performances from a six-year vet?! .-It's ridiculous! -If I have to look at CONSTANT rookie mistakes, I'd BETTER be looking at a rookie.. Start Jones NOW!

I know it probably wouldn't turn out well, but if they lose to the Steelers, I'd much rather give EJ one last shot(3 games) instead of throwing Jones to the wolves.

EJ's time is done in Buffalo. And the Bills will play the Browns in Buffalo the week after the Steelers.

EJ's time is done in Buffalo. And the Bills will play the Browns in Buffalo the week after the Steelers.

...and if TT blows against the Steelers, his time as starting QB for the Bills should be done.

Correct. But Cardale should go in.

Been saying that for awhile now.

Perfect setup for Cleveland to get their first and only win of the season. :lol:

Perfect setup for Cleveland to get their first and only win of the season. :lol:

He gotta be somewhat ready. Just hand the ball off to 25,35

This.

@WGR550

Whaley - unless something unexpected happened, I wouldn't expect Cardale to get any playing time this season #Bills

Dumb.

@WGR550

Whaley - unless something unexpected happened, I wouldn't expect Cardale to get any playing time this season #Bills

Why should he? He has legit never practiced with the 1's. We aren't even mathematically eliminated. And we need to evaluate the current QB more than him.

He WILL be here next year no matter what.

So a guy who couldn't keep his job in college that had a good preseason game against the 3rd string is the answer???? Meanwhile our offense averages the most points it has in over 25 years and our sieve defense pukes it up and can't get off the field. So logically the problem is with the offense.. Nobody circles the wagons and shoots the victims like Bills fans.

So a guy who couldn't keep his job in college that had a good preseason game against the 3rd string is the answer???? Meanwhile our offense averages the most points it has in over 25 years and our sieve defense pukes it up and can't get off the field. So logically the problem is with the offense.. Nobody circles the wagons and shoots the victims like Bills fans.

No, three straight 3-and-outs in a must win game is the issue. An offense that scores 2-3 TDs a game but has five or six 3-play drives isn't conducive to winning football.

No, three straight 3-and-outs in a must win game is the issue. An offense that scores 2-3 TDs a game but has five or six 3-play drives isn't conducive to winning football.

Respectively disagree. It is not like other teams get 5 downs to get a first down. If the defense does its job they get off the field. Tired of the "They are gassed" nonsense. They are professional athletes and if they do what they are being paid for they would be off the field and the offense would have a chance to try again to put up a few more scores. There are no style points for how you score.