Time to Evaluate Cardale

Fadingpain

You are what your offensive stats say you are, last in passing or right at the bottom. 26 starts from Tyrod he is who we thought he is. Dynamic runner, good scrambler. Good long ball if the reciever is wide open. Not Acurate on mid to short route. No anticipation in

his throws. Will not take chances throwing to semi open receivers. He does not see the field well. Then what you get is almost dead last in passing yards. Like Denny Green and Bill Parcels says you are what your record and stats show you are.

For the love of God put in a real QB that can throw and anticipate

recievers coming out of the breaks. Cardale Jones would be that guy.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the love of God put in a real QB that can throw and anticipate

recievers coming out of the breaks. Cardale Jones would be that guy.

The backup QB who has never played is always the most popular guy on the team. I remember when EJ and Hotrod and tRent Edwards and Frank Reich were that guy. :) Edited by reddogblitz

Ain't happening!

@NICK_WKBW

Here's Rex on whether Cardale Jones could see action if #Bills QB continues to be poor. "At no time are we looking at that."

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/805933659798773760

He also said we were'nt giving up on Karlos, and "Get ready, because we're goin!".... At this rate, we could see Cardale by the second half vs. PIT

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Famous last words.

I either want better than Tyrod or worse than Tyrod. Better gets the Bills in the playoffs, worse gets the Bills a better chance at landing a franchise guy with a high draft pick.

Tyrod is purgatory.

Yeah, besides, Cardale is on the 3 year plan...

Great....so 3 years from now we'll be up to 19 years and counting everyone (except maybe for #34fan and a few OSU fans) will be concluding that Jones isn't the answer and now the Bills really need to draft a QB. And fire the coach and GM and half the defense.

Ain't happening!

@NICK_WKBW

Here's Rex on whether Cardale Jones could see action if #Bills QB continues to be poor. "At no time are we looking at that."

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/805933659798773760

On this one I agree with the Bills...There's no reason to rush Cardale...Let him get a full off-season under his belt, then lets see what he's got in Training Camp next year... B-)

On this one I agree with the Bills...There's no reason to rush Cardale...Let him get a full off-season under his belt, then lets see what he's got in Training Camp next year... B-)

I get wanting to open that box under the tree a little early (I'm feeling seasonal!), but in this case you can ruin the gift by opening it early. Take the time and do it right. Don't waste the possibility that he could develop by messing with him too early.

Can't be any worse than tyrod

Well that's just not true. We've seen all sorts of worse

Maybe the last game of the year which feels more like preseason anyway.

I get wanting to open that box under the tree a little early (I'm feeling seasonal!), but in this case you can ruin the gift by opening it early. Take the time and do it right. Don't waste the possibility that he could develop by messing with him too early.

Gruden said this tonight about the young Jets QBs Petty and Hackenberg. I like the Jones pick and hope he's "The Guy" and all, but I hope I don't seem him play until August.

Edited by reddogblitz

Wouldn't it be better to get a live game or two under his belt so he can see and feel a real NFL game? Then evaluate in training camp with that additional knowledge for the team and for Jones. It makes way too much sense so I guess there is no chance of that happening. Remember, I'm not saying start him for the Pittsburgh game but if we lose one of the next two then I would play him at least a half in each of the last two games at a minimum. Maybe he has great chemistry with Sammy,

Who knows? Maybe he can throw over the middle? Time to find out where he stands at this point in his career.

Wouldn't it be better to get a live game or two under his belt so he can see and feel a real NFL game? Then evaluate in training camp with that additional knowledge for the team and for Jones. It makes way too much sense so I guess there is no chance of that happening. Remember, I'm not saying start him for the Pittsburgh game but if we lose one of the next two then I would play him at least a half in each of the last two games at a minimum. Maybe he has great chemistry with Sammy,

Who knows? Maybe he can throw over the middle? Time to find out where he stands at this point in his career.

This makes a lot of sense but it won't happen because the head coach has a conflict of interest: he would rather save his job by going 8-8 than risk going 7-9 or 6-10 and giving Cardale some real NFL experience. (I actually think Cardale, if used properly, would give the Bills at least as good a chance to win right now as TT.)

Simple as this for me - if we lose to Pitt the season is over. The Bills should by now have seen all that they need to see to do their evaluation of Tyrod. If they lost this game then management has to order Rex Ryan to put Cardale out there for the final 3 games.

Cleveland at home

Miami at home

Jets (with Petty at QB) on the road.

You are not throwing the kid into the fire against 3 of the best teams in the league.... you are putting him in against 2 of the worst 4 teams and an average Miami with home advantage.

If Rex refuses to do it I shake his hand wish him the best and then fire him.