Cleveland and Tennessee bye week 13???

Dragonborn10

The bye weeks create very unfair scheduling situations and the competition committee should address them.

The process of setting the schedule is rather ridiculous, the league looks through hundreds of potential schedules and ridiculous things like Taylor Swift concerts, baseball games and pope visits come into play, but it does seem like bye weeks could be utilized much better to counter balance the disadvantage of forcing the Thursday night game on teams. If we are having byes from week 4 through week 12-13, that sets up the potential for the Thursday night teams to be coming off byes 11 times (counting week 1), plus there's no TNF game week 17, so you could potentially only have 5 games where teams are coming off ridiculous short rest. If they are going to keep TNF as part of the package, balancing it with the bye weeks should be a major factor in the scheduling moving forward.

In the past all the byes were completed by whatever week number it was the week prior to Thanksgiving. With three Thursday games on Thanksgiving, no way can they also have byes

By weeks in past have been over by week 12. This time week 12 has no bye. I am guessing it was because of Thanksgiving and the Mexico Game etc

Agreed. Interesting too that they were the two worst teams last year in terms of record. They shouldn't get screwed like that the next season.

I would think the players wouldn't be bothered by such a late bye....nice break after going at it for 3 months. Beats an early bye.

Yeah I noticed that too, it is strange and unusual. Seems mid season week 7 thru 10 or so, not that many teams had byes those weeks as prior years. Why they did this, not sure but it is different??

its all about the cash, man. I'm sure the league figured out that viewership drops in relation to the number of teams off in any week (ie. if your team isn't playing, you don't watch any NFL at all) . so they only have , what 4 teams off each week, instead of 6? takes 8 weeks to get through all the byes... its all about maximizing TV revenue.. this must be the formula... who knows

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore