Texans told not to order room service while in Mexico City

Whenever one of the teams in the Madden games would move to Mexico City, the team was terrible, the AI was always outbid for free agents and the team was flat broke.

So perhaps I've been wrong about Madden. Perhaps it does indeed foretell the future.

I'm sure NFL players would love to play for the Mexico City franchise. It's a fresh air gym - escaping and evading kidnapping, food poisoning and a drug war keeps you certainly in shape.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Trump builds the wall on January 20, 2017, will NFL teams be able to get over it to play future games in Mexico? We might need a crane to get Dareus over it, with his bad groin and all.

Because the current walls show to be effective? Going to be a colossal waste of money

Edited by MAJBobby

Never happen they want to GROW the game. So this year Mexico.

Soon Germany, Canada (again), China

NFL will turn this game into an International game, and they would be stupid not too. What is their world wide ratings during the Super Bowl? Shows the international demand is there.

They risk giving their boring, commercial-laden, us flag-ridden, 9 minutes of action, garbage product too much exposure.

Rugby and Aussie rules much more fun to watch.

Bills the only thing keeping me here.

If the NFL wants foreign exposure, the right thing to do was keep NFL Europe going as a feeder, and allow the locals to learn the game. This loss leader would do much more for the future of the game than parading the ****ty Jaguars in Wembley or Tottenham every year.

NFL Europe was a failure. The world economy is no better now. Now way these games will EVER be profitable.

Makes a such sense as the airlines flying to Cuba. They're flying to a country that has no businesses, no industry, the people have no money, and even if they did they lack permission to leave. The service makes headlines but no profits. Neither make any business sense at all!

If the NFL wants foreign exposure, the right thing to do was keep NFL Europe going as a feeder, and allow the locals to learn the game. This loss leader would do much more for the future of the game than parading the ****ty Jaguars in Wembley or Tottenham every year.

NFL Europe was still the minors. The path to foreign exposure is to have foreign based NFL teams; hence the London experiment -- where they draw double the crowd as in Jacksonville. I think there's a real chance they move to London in the next five years. In the same way, the NFL would have been happy to have the Bills in Toronto if they had found a deep pocket buyer with that plan.

Force what on the fans? Mexican room service?

These are the same precautions many Americans take when traveling to Mexico. Should it be different for NFL players?

Oh, this is just another bash the NFL thread. Sweet...

Force what on the fans? Mexican room service?

These are the same precautions many Americans take when traveling to Mexico. Should it be different for NFL players?

Oh, this is just another bash the NFL thread. Sweet...

Roger? Is this you?

Honestly who cares if it is? The NFL doesn't need you or anyone sticking up for them. The NFL is the bully. I like the NFL, love it in fact. I also love capitalism. So i think they should get all they can while they can. It will not last. The cracks are already beginning to show.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Roger? Is this you?

Honestly who cares if it is? The NFL doesn't need you or anyone sticking up for them. The NFL is the bully. I like the NFL, love it in fact. I also love capitalism. So i think they should get all they can while they can. It will not last. The cracks are already beginning to show.

What will not last exactly? The NFL? Its success? Both? Football in general?

Edited by bobobonators

Roger? Is this you?

Was just pointing out that this thread makes zero sense. It's comical though.

Your post adds to the nonsense.

NFL Europe was still the minors. The path to foreign exposure is to have foreign based NFL teams; hence the London experiment -- where they draw double the crowd as in Jacksonville. I think there's a real chance they move to London in the next five years. In the same way, the NFL would have been happy to have the Bills in Toronto if they had found a deep pocket buyer with that plan.

There is no functional plan to move to London as the novelty will wear off of as they realize how horrible the Jags and this will be hidden by Tottenham's stadium being only 62,000 seats once it moves there. You can't expect the owners to want to travel to London for regular season games, especially if they are in the same division. Playoffs would not be a logistical nightmare as well

By giving Europe a minor league with mid-major college-like attendance, you can grow the game across Europe and place value on building on youth leagues over there to globalize the game. This would be more efficient long-term than the money grab of London.

The Toronto experiment is not the best comparison given the proximity of Toronto to the continental 48.

Was just pointing out that this thread makes zero sense. It's comical though.

Your post adds to the nonsense.

Ha. Kind of like people who say a thread makes zero sense but take time to reply and be part of it.

What will not last exactly? The NFL? Its success? Both? Football in general?

Football as we know it will not last forever.