Should Rex play Gilmore on Green?

Dragonborn10

Cyrus said he was "proud to be a Buffalo" :D

I readily accept he's doing himself no favours with the way he's conducting himself at the moment (frankly, his agent should just tell him to shut the !@#$ up and take the no media fines) but his play isn't nearly as bad as people want to make out.

Is he saying stupid stuff to the media?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting to the sack-able Dalton quickly is the key from stopping AJ. Double him, and bump him at the line if possible. Disrupt timing to help the pass rush.

he also covered him in college. You need to get physical with Green. He doesn't like it. And he gets hurt easily.

Def have to hit him at the line before he can release. Disrupt timing, help pass rush.

Is he saying stupid stuff to the media?

A stupid comment about playing too much man-coverage after giving **** to Josh Norman for playing a lot of zone over the summer.

It's not awful but, for God sake, just be quiet you idiot :D

Nope just some fans still think this is 1970. A majority of players could really care less about the sport and it is a means to an end for them. So I will never fault a player making a Business decision on the field over risking an INJ when he has no long term stability.

If Stephon thinks he should've been paid over the summer for his body of work, that's fair. No secret that I'm of the same mind.

If he wants to err on the side of caution, that's his decision. Personally, I think you get hurt more from a lack of commitment but it's his decision to play the way he is. I get it, not sure I wouldn't do the same with $30-40 million guaranteed riding on it. End of the day, he's a grown man making a decision. The consequences of those decisions are to be decided.

A stupid comment about playing too much man-coverage after giving **** to Josh Norman for playing a lot of zone over the summer.

If Stephon thinks he should've been paid over the summer for his body of work, that's fair. No secret that I'm of the same mind.

If he wants to err on the side of caution, that's his decision. Personally, I think you get hurt more from a lack of commitment but it's his decision to play the way he is. I get it, not sure I wouldn't do the same with $30-40 million guaranteed riding on it. End of the day, he's a grown man making a decision. The consequences of those decisions are to be decided.

True but one of the better CBs to every play the game always went out of his way to avoid contact.

One of the Better WRs in the NFL hated going over the Middle and getting hit.

Do I think Stephon passing on taking Gronk or Blunt head on is gonna cost him anything in his future contracts no I don't. What might though are the media statements, calling out other teammates etc.

Also Bloke you will love my recent Fanspeak Mock. Got your Favorite QB in 5th round lol

Edited by MAJBobby

You do understand that him playing off is schematic and not his choice, right? If he was freelancing like that, he'd be the one getting benched.

And his per-game stats equate to 2.89 receptions, 50.5 yards, 0.11 TDs, 0.22 INTs. Not buying your "roasted regularly" stuff.

You clearly dont watch the games because no one watching the games week in and week out would even use the word "solid" on his season.

In my opinion, the best way to counter a play marker that carries the skill set of Green is to keep them offense on their toes by mixing fronts and coverages. Consistently playing man, or zone for that matter, will allow Green to shed us. By alternating and playing unpredictable and sensible football, the bills should be able to slow the bleeding, although it's irrational to think they'll shut him down completely

He gets beat, it genuinely happens to every corner. Gilmore's just a deadly mix of contract year, sullen by nature and unpopular. He's had his bad moments but he's giving up a reception every 12.7 coverage snaps. It's hardly damaging when you consider the big picture. Granted, in the positions he's found himself in, he's not made plays he needs to (especially Week 2) but I don't think he should be getting the level of criticism he is for the play he's produced.

It's like people are just looking to hold onto Week 2 and magnify every reception like others don't get beat. Little perspective doesn't hurt now and then.

While I'm on the subject, I'm not for benching Darby either. He's responsible for 3.875 receptions, 59.25 yards, 0.375 TD, 0.125 INT per game.

I told everyone that would listen that Gilmore was playing the better of the two but Darby just needs a kick in the pants. Hopefully this past week gives him that because the kid can play.

I am not trying to "hold onto week 2"...Gilmore has not gotten the job done when it matters this year, and thats the only thing he has bene consistent of. He has struggled a lot, and I was one of his biggest supporters. So don't lump me in with people who just don't like him, because I was ecstatic when we got rid of Mario because it meant we would have more of a chance to keep Gilmore. I have been a big defender of him in the past and a big fan of him being here to anchor our secondary. Its not my fault he has regressed this year and is struggling a lot more than a guy who is supposed to a top corner in this league.

But I have watched him week in and week out just not do his job. He has had few good moments compared to his struggles or mediocre play. Our secondary have been the worst performing unit on the whole team, and he is a big part of that secondary. He is billed as a top 5 CB coming into this season yet he hasnt played any where near there.

I put gilmore on green. I tell him before the game "Sink or swim time. You are shadowing that m-f-er"

Tell em Coach ! love yer attitude over this :thumbsup:

he sees issues with Gilmore as he's stated. He just does not see him as the biggest issue with the secondary.

leveling the hoopla again I see. Thanks for reminding us what Rex has stated and not what we have spun upon our golden loom of "fandom"

Honestly, I don't think Corey is a bad option at all. He had a solid preseason including a great game against Washington. Against Arizona in Week 3, he proved he could play in the league. Gave up 7 for 73 and had a pick.

It's about how they use him. If he starts, got to imagine they'll test him with Green early. Could be a cat and mouse game but I'm not anticipating Justin Rogers vs Geno numbers.

Good post.

But never say those two names together again here. Rogers, Justin. I shudder when i recall those days

I have a feeling Green is in for a monster day. 150 yards and 2 tds.

why would you feel that way? just expecting the worst. Of Green is on a run. Or we cannot matchup with him and Dalton throwing

Nope just some fans still think this is 1970. A majority of players could really care less about the sport and it is a means to an end for them. So I will never fault a player making a Business decision on the field over risking an INJ when he has no long term stability.

you miss some of our point. Maybe it is a minority and I am the leader.

The guy has been exposed for his tackling, or lack there of, lack of skill, or lack of sincere effort, or lack of will to learn the discipline. This i have been going on about forever. Not loudly though. It irks me no end. He will not come down and stop the first down. No matter what. When he played LOS press it was not so obvious. he made his from tackle while running with His guy or broke it up. mostly just fouled him, but that is part of the game.

Now he is being scrutinized by most Fans here due to the contract.

Thing is Teams respected him, and the last two years hey want to run at him. Why wouldn't ya?

And i will always fault a player for not giving it up for his brothers. It is not like he was F tagged her

damn if you do remain level headed.

mostly B-)

Clearly, Gilmore needs safety help. But that's anathema to Rex with his dated sacred "scheme." So, because Rex is a stubborn ninny, he's not going to modify his scheme, even though that means his corners are going to be lit up all afternoon.

Because he expect his players to Man up , it's antiquated?

You clearly dont watch the games because no one watching the games week in and week out would even use the word "solid" on his season.

lol'd

Blokes has set himself up earlier by being an adamant defender. Obviously he watches and rewatches.

He's a good Kid Alpha. we can have different opines, my friend.

We have SAFTIES?!?!?!?!

we do....we just don't use them to help cover WRs. We prefer man coverage in a league where it's impossible to play man coverage all game.....but the Ryan brothers continue to do it. We also don't drop our LBs in to coverage to help defend short zones......it's not always the CBs fault....