I want Romo!!!

Protocal69

There is so much awesome in the OP---mostly beginning with "after careful consideration".

Then letting us know he "officially" wants Romo (let the rumors be put to rest!).

Then he says "your record says you are who you are"--and Romo' s record for the 4 seasons before magical 2014 was 8-7,8-8, 8-8, 1-5.

But, he let's us off the hook by confessing "I'm not Whaley".

For a moment, I was convinced that this was Douggie Nix's TBD account and this was him!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be hysterical to see Whaley at the negotiating table with the Joneses. He would leave those negoiations with no shoes on, or socks, no underwear or pants, and with his hoody pulled over his head... Would be a helluva sight

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

See: BLEDSOE, DREW

I'll just leave this here:

2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. He missed three games that ultimately cost the Cowboys a chance at making the playoffs. They went 1-2 without Romo and lost a winner-take-all season finale at the Philadelphia Eagles. After that game, Romo collapsed in the shower because of a rib injury.

Entering this season Tony Romo had started 16 games in just four of his nine full seasons as the Dallas Cowboys' starter. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

2010 -- Broken left collarbone. He suffered the injury in the first half against the New York Giants when fullback Chris Gronkowski failed to pick up linebacker Michael Boley. Romo missed 10 games but was not placed on injured reserve until the second-to-last week of the season. The Cowboys went 5-5 in Romo's absence with Jon Kitna winning four times and Stephen McGee once.

2013 -- Ruptured disk. Romo missed a winner-take-all meeting in Week 17 against the Eagles after undergoing a discectomy two days before the game. Romo actually suffered the injury in a thrilling 24-23 win against the Washington Redskins in which he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass on fourth down. With Kyle Orton starting, the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 24-22.

2014 -- Two transverse process fractures. He missed the Nov. 2 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals after he was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson. He returned for the final two series after X-rays were negative. Brandon Weeden started against the Cardinals, and the Cowboys lost 28-17.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. Romo suffered the injury in the second game of the season when he was sacked by Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks, who landed on top of him in the third quarter. The Cowboys beat Philadelphia but lost the next seven games with Weeden and Matt Cassel as their starting quarterbacks.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. In his second game back, Romo was knocked out on the final play of the third quarter, when he was sacked by Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. While Romo's previous fractures had healed, he suffered a re-break in the healed portion. He missed the final five games of the season. The Cowboys won just once (at Washington) without Romo all season.

2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra. On the third play of Thursday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo was driven into the turf while sliding by defensive end Cliff Avril. After the game, Romo said he felt good and Jerry Jones said he expected Romo to be ready for the regular-season opener. Romo had an MRI on Friday, which showed the break. A source said he is looking at a 6-10 week recovery period. Rookie Dak Prescott will start in Romo's absence.

How many guys can we have on IR at once?

Yeah, as much as injuries have hurt us, I'd rather pass on Romo even if he did become available.

I know from personal experience that back problems aren't easily fixed.

I'll just leave this here:

2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. He missed three games that ultimately cost the Cowboys a chance at making the playoffs. They went 1-2 without Romo and lost a winner-take-all season finale at the Philadelphia Eagles. After that game, Romo collapsed in the shower because of a rib injury.

Entering this season Tony Romo had started 16 games in just four of his nine full seasons as the Dallas Cowboys' starter. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

2010 -- Broken left collarbone. He suffered the injury in the first half against the New York Giants when fullback Chris Gronkowski failed to pick up linebacker Michael Boley. Romo missed 10 games but was not placed on injured reserve until the second-to-last week of the season. The Cowboys went 5-5 in Romo's absence with Jon Kitna winning four times and Stephen McGee once.

2013 -- Ruptured disk. Romo missed a winner-take-all meeting in Week 17 against the Eagles after undergoing a discectomy two days before the game. Romo actually suffered the injury in a thrilling 24-23 win against the Washington Redskins in which he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass on fourth down. With Kyle Orton starting, the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 24-22.

2014 -- Two transverse process fractures. He missed the Nov. 2 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals after he was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson. He returned for the final two series after X-rays were negative. Brandon Weeden started against the Cardinals, and the Cowboys lost 28-17.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. Romo suffered the injury in the second game of the season when he was sacked by Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks, who landed on top of him in the third quarter. The Cowboys beat Philadelphia but lost the next seven games with Weeden and Matt Cassel as their starting quarterbacks.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. In his second game back, Romo was knocked out on the final play of the third quarter, when he was sacked by Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. While Romo's previous fractures had healed, he suffered a re-break in the healed portion. He missed the final five games of the season. The Cowboys won just once (at Washington) without Romo all season.

2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra. On the third play of Thursday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo was driven into the turf while sliding by defensive end Cliff Avril. After the game, Romo said he felt good and Jerry Jones said he expected Romo to be ready for the regular-season opener. Romo had an MRI on Friday, which showed the break. A source said he is looking at a 6-10 week recovery period. Rookie Dak Prescott will start in Romo's absence.

This says it all.

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

get out... now. take your things and just go.

Tyrod is not our guy but I don't think Romo is much of an upgrade. He might be good enough to get us to the playoffs but then one and done isn't much better than where we are at now. It's not like he's some sure thing. How many championships did he give the Cowboys when he was in his prime? Now he's old with a broken back. No thanks

I wouldn't be against it. If Tyrod keeps showing he cannot get it done then it's a no brainier. Cut ties while you can. Get a true top 10-15 Qb and hope you can keep everyone healthy for a season. Draft a young talented Qb in the middle rounds to groom, or hope Jones can become something. Sign EJ to a 1 year deal for backup money just in case romo goes down and Jones can't progress. Boom, playoffs.

Maybe trade Dareus to Dallas and even out the $20m contracts.

What exactly does that mean? Get done what?

Romo and his health risks does not lessen our chances for making the playoffs relative to Tyrod.

I'd give him a shot as Tyrod is always going to have a ceiling he can't overcome.

Which right now is much higher than that of a fragile, often injured, way old golf nut.

get out... now. take your things and just go.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If any team is crazy enough to take a flyer on Romo, it most likely would be one that's Super Bowl close, which is not now, nor will it ever be, the Bills with Rex running the shop.

Edited by yungmack