A tale of two quarterbacks:

TYROD TAYLOR'S LAST GAME WAS HIS BEST GAME AS A PRO. Jesus, can we give the guy a week and see if he's able to build on that performance? What kind of person- let alone Bills fan- would take the bye week following Taylor's best game as a pro as an opportunity to start an anti-Taylor thread? Just give it a rest you three.

Why do you act like this is some new revelation?

I've been opining that Taylor sucks since week 1 of last year and he's done nothing but get worse.

If you're happy with a QB who can only lead the offense when the D and ST are clicking on all cylinders, then good for you. Personally, I want better. And the longer this team pretends to think that he'll "get it," after six years in the league (he won't), the longer the most important position on the field will go unaddressed. And the longer we'll be stuck with teams that win 7-9 games each year.

Blah.

He sucks. And the Bills suck because he's the QB.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe is actually right. I'd rather have a pocket passer as well. 9 outta 10 would. But for some reason I like Taylor. I get more excited watching TT make plays with his feet than I ever did with Flutie. Watching Randall Cunningham as a kid I think made me want to have a QB like that someday. Fun to watch. Plus he seems really cool and love to have him represent WNY.

**I'd rather have a GOOD pocket passer

TT is middle of the road - same with QBs across the league. The defense isn't good enough for this type of team. If we had the shut down defense that Rex preaches and talks about, we would probably have a winning record. Denver, Seattle, KC, Philly, Minnesota, Baltimore have all gotten by with their QB play, but are largely in the hunt because they play stingy defense.

Until rex's team starts playing stingy defense again it doesn't really matter. He gets 1 last year to prove that he knows what he's doing.

If Rex fails, TT would be set up to get a year to try with a new regime. If he flames out then he walks. I wouldn't wait too long to find his replacement, but I'd also give the guy a big enough window to see what he can do. Cardale should be able to compete, and TT's style lends itself to injury so he may get on the field sooner rather than later anyway.

I've been opining that Taylor sucks since week 1 of last year and he's done nothing but get worse.

If you're happy with a QB who can only lead the offense when the D and ST are clicking on all cylinders, then good for you. Personally, I want better. And the longer this team pretends to think that he'll "get it," after six years in the league (he won't), the longer the most important position on the field will go unaddressed. And the longer we'll be stuck with teams that win 7-9 games each year.

Blah.

It isn't necessarily you. You're just one of many who share this opinion - so you get grouped in.

And for me it isn't a right or wrong situation. It comes down to problem focus vs. solution focus. I think the problem focused people just see TT as a problem that needs to be fixed, and don't have realistic opinions on how to solve the problem. Is it coaching? Is it play calling? If he's not it, who is? Etc.

**I'd rather have a GOOD pocket passer

TT is middle of the road - same with QBs across the league. The defense isn't good enough for this type of team. If we had the shut down defense that Rex preaches and talks about, we would probably have a winning record. Denver, Seattle, KC, Philly, Minnesota, Baltimore have all gotten by with their QB play, but are largely in the hunt because they play stingy defense.

Until rex's team starts playing stingy defense again it doesn't really matter. He gets 1 last year to prove that he knows what he's doing.

If Rex fails, TT would be set up to get a year to try with a new regime. If he flames out then he walks. I wouldn't wait too long to find his replacement, but I'd also give the guy a big enough window to see what he can do. Cardale should be able to compete, and TT's style lends itself to injury so he may get on the field sooner rather than later anyway.

It isn't necessarily you. You're just one of many who share this opinion - so you get grouped in.

And for me it isn't a right or wrong situation. It comes down to problem focus vs. solution focus. I think the problem focused people just see TT as a problem that needs to be fixed, and don't have realistic opinions on how to solve the problem. Is it coaching? Is it play calling? If he's not it, who is? Etc.

See this is the thing (as I see it). Everyone wants his replacement here before we dump him. I ask why?? Why not see what we have in Cardale for the rest of the season? We know Tyrod isn't the answer. We know EJ isn't the answer. If we can see if Jones also is not the answer, then Whaley and crew will have a much better idea about what to do moving forward.

Keeping Taylor in will only secure the Bills another - at best - .500 season ... and we still won't have any idea whether or not Jones could possibly be an option next year.

Taylor has had his audition and he has failed. Move along, I say.

I'm going to give you the stat lines for two quarterbacks in the AFC. No names, I'd like you to identify them:

65.3% Completion, 2117 yards, 10 TD 7 INT, 91.3 rating.

60.4% completion, 1769 yards, 10 TD 3 INT, 87.7 rating.

Name those quarterbacks.

Everyone knows who those 2 are...but here is my BIG issue with your post.

I am really, really, really, really tired of people posting ONLY passing stats on Tyrod while COMPLETELY ignoring his ability to run, the damage and scoring he does on the ground, and the dynamic it adds to our offense in both the passing and run game for teams having to defend it.

So no disrespect, but your stat line above to show Tannehill in a better light is utterly pointless. Also, I would bet you BIG MONEY that there is not a GM in the NFL that would take Tannehill and his contract right now over Tyrod and his contract. Miami is stuck with that awful deal, and Tannehill is NO WHERE close to living up to it and I would argue is having a worse season than Taylor when you factor Tyrods ground game in. Tyrod, who has been limited with poor weapons to throw to most the year, injuries to the OL, etc has a very friendly contract that leaves the door open to move on if he can't get the job done.

No offense, but this was an EPIC fail on a comparison post.

Edited by Alphadawg7

One is a crap sandwich. The other is a crap sandwich with mayonnaise. Our mediocre QB is possibly better than another mediocre QB. What a time to be alive.

I'm glad I can always come here for a little cheering up. After reading the off week threads (hey, maybe football will be a ray of light in an otherwise difficult week!) I am now quite certain that we are, in fact, not the Browns (although there is a clear minority who think that's not a good thing, or at least that it won't be c. 2018), and that our mediocre-at-best QB appears to have a slight edge over another grossly overpaid career loser mediocrity. I would now jump out the window if I did work on the 2nd floor. 😢

See this is the thing (as I see it). Everyone wants his replacement here before we dump him. I ask why?? Why not see what we have in Cardale for the rest of the season? We know Tyrod isn't the answer. We know EJ isn't the answer. If we can see if Jones also is not the answer, then Whaley and crew will have a much better idea about what to do moving forward.

Keeping Taylor in will only secure the Bills another - at best - .500 season ... and we still won't have any idea whether or not Jones could possibly be an option next year.

Taylor has had his audition and he has failed. Move along, I say.

So your solution is to bench TT for Cardale to "see what you have". Then let Taylor walk. And... what? Draft someone?

If I'm Rex, I feel like this is exactly what happened under Izdik. They nuked the roster, and he felt he got the raw end of the deal.

So your solution is to bench TT for Cardale to "see what you have". Then let Taylor walk. And... what? Draft someone?

If I'm Rex, I feel like this is exactly what happened under Izdik. They nuked the roster, and he felt he got the raw end of the deal.

He took a top 3 defense in the league in NJ and did nothing with them.

He's done the same thing here.

He put all of his eggs into the Sanchez basket there and he's putting them all into the Taylor basket here.

And yes ... we draft someone.

He took a top 3 defense in the league in NJ and did nothing with them.

He's done the same thing here.

He put all of his eggs into the Sanchez basket there and he's putting them all into the Taylor basket here.

And yes ... we draft someone.

Who do we hire for a coach and GM then? Since they're both gone. Who would want this job at that point? You're a lame duck the day you're hired.

Who do we hire for a coach and GM then? Since they're both gone. Who would want this job at that point? You're a lame duck the day you're hired.

I'm fine with Whaley staying, but I seriously believe this team needs to be gutted. This 7-9 win crap has taken its toll on me (just as a Bills fan - not in real life). We just keep maintaining it. I'd rather suck. Really bad. And do a real rebuild.

I am really, really, really, really tired of people posting ONLY passing stats on Tyrod while COMPLETELY ignoring his ability to run, the damage and scoring he does on the ground, and the dynamic it adds to our offense in both the passing and run game for teams having to defend it.

So no disrespect, but your stat line above to show Tannehill in a better light is utterly pointless. Also, I would bet you BIG MONEY that there is not a GM in the NFL that would take Tannehill and his contract right now over Tyrod and his contract. Miami is stuck with that awful deal, and Tannehill is NO WHERE close to living up to it and I would argue is having a worse season than Taylor when you factor Tyrods ground game in. Tyrod, who has been limited with poor weapons to throw to most the year, injuries to the OL, etc has a very friendly contract that leaves the door open to move on if he can't get the job done.

Agree on most points in here. Tannyehill is Rob Johnson 2.0 to me (except not as injury prone), I live in Davie and see way too many Dolphin games. Most of my Dolphin friends cant wait for him to be gone. He has the least pocket awareness in the NFL.

Edited by qwksilver

Agree on most points in here. Tannyehill is Rob Johnson 2.0 to me, I live in Davie and see way too many Dolphin games. Most of my Dolphin friends cant wait for him to be gone. He has the least pocket awareness in the NFL.

Where do you guys hang out? And how did you learn all of those squeaks and squeals?

I'm fine with Whaley staying, but I seriously believe this team needs to be gutted. This 7-9 win crap has taken its toll on me (just as a Bills fan - not in real life). We just keep maintaining it. I'd rather suck. Really bad. And do a real rebuild.

Nobody wants to do rebuilds though. Everyone gets fired, so you aren't even there to do it. If the team turns out ok then great - but everyone's so triger happy in the NFL. Why would a coach want to come to a team with a lameduck GM, and no QB?

Agree on most points in here. Tannyehill is Rob Johnson 2.0 to me (except not as injury prone), I live in Davie and see way too many Dolphin games. Most of my Dolphin friends cant wait for him to be gone. He has the least pocket awareness in the NFL.

Every single Dolphins fan I know doesn't like Tannehill and they hate his contract even more. I know several of them who have literally told me they hope to sign EJ to compete with him next off season...thats how little they think of Tannehill.

There is just no reason to debate this with him.....or the others that post these type of threads.

Its pointless

If you're going to demand running stats from a QB as part of the analysis, be prepared to explain the injuries that come with it. TT himself was injured and missed 2 games last season in the Tennessee game when he ran.

The QB's who survive and win in the NFL do so with their arm, not scrambling around into the teeth of a defense. There are exceptions like the 250# Cam Newton and Russell Wilson, who now is very much a passer first. TT is not, nor demonstrated the week to week ability to read defenses and make crucial throws when it matters most.

Tannehill is average and overpaid. My sense is that's TT's ceiling as well. And neither Miami or Buffalo are going anywhere this year. After 4 seasons apprenticing in Baltimore and 23 NFL starts, one would hope TT would rank better than the 25th or worse in the NFL for completions, completion %, yards passing, and yards/attempt.

He ain't getting paid to run.

Edited by BillsVet

Hurtful.

Not really. If that mouthbreather ceases with his incessant tyrod worship, it's a bonus.

If you're going to demand running stats from a QB as part of the analysis, be prepared to explain the injuries that come with it. TT himself was injured and missed 2 games last season in the Tennessee game when he ran.

The QB's who survive and win in the NFL do so with their arm, not scrambling around into the teeth of a defense. There are exceptions like the 250# Cam Newton and Russell Wilson, who now is very much a passer first. TT is not, nor demonstrated the week to week ability to read defenses and make crucial throws when it matters most.

Tannehill is average and overpaid. My sense is that's TT's ceiling as well. And neither Miami or Buffalo are going anywhere this year. After 4 seasons apprenticing in Baltimore and 23 NFL starts, one would hope TT would rank better than the 25th or worse in the NFL for completions, completion %, yards passing, and yards/attempt.

He ain't getting paid to run.

Here's someone who gets it.

Blah.

How do you think Tyrod sucks? Like I really don't understand. If you say he is average that's one thing. But sucks? If he played with the bills defence from 2014 last year, he easily played well enough to get into the playoffs. Yes he has a few flaws. But man, I really don't understand the bashing with this guy. Is he Tom Brady? No. But he is a competent QB