A tale of two quarterbacks:

In.defense of Metz, Brady, Brees and Big Ben are in the twilight of their careers and Mariota is just beginning so the smart move is Mariota. And long term, I take him over Wilson. Your inclusion of Dalton I'm assuming was for comedic purposes.

I'd take Dalton over any QB the Bills have had since Jim Kelly.

And it wouldn't be close.

But I get your points.

Edited by joesixpack

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it. No legitimate take, no numbers to back anything up. Just the usual low-quality John From Hemet response we've all come to know.

Frankly....you dont deserve a response because you know the counter arguements to what you just said and dont care to hear or acknowledge them....

So yes....that is all you get

But I get your points.

I was asking who you would choose among TT, RT and MM, not Dalton. And for the record, I'd take all of them over Dalton. Edited by yungmack

That's it. No legitimate take, no numbers to back anything up. Just the usual low-quality John From Hemet response we've all come to know.

Here are some numbers you can respond to,Joe:

Blended 2015-2016 stats:

QB Taylor Tannehill
CMP 404 539
ATT 648 851
CMP% 62% 63%
Pass Yds 4804 6325
Pass Avg 7.41%. 7.43%
Pass TD 30 34
Int 9 19
QBR 68.5 54
RAT 92 90
Rush Yds 930 232
Rush TDs 8 2
Total Yds 5734 6557
Total TDs 38 36
I am not even saying that I think TT is the long term solution, but you are intentionally not giving the guy a fair shake.
Edited by Tenhigh

Blended 2015-2016 stats:

QB Taylor Tannehill
CMP 404 539
ATT 648 851
CMP% 62% 63%
Pass Yds 4804 6325
Pass Avg 7.41%. 7.43%
Pass TD 30 34
Int 9 19
QBR 68.5 54
RAT 92 90
Rush Yds 930 232
Rush TDs 8 2
Total Yds 5734 6557
Total TDs 38 36
I am not even saying that I think TT is the long term solution, but you are intentionally not giving the guy a fair shake.

That -may- be the case. But wrt rushing TD, they're simply not sustainable...ask cam newton. To be a long-term guy, you gotta be a pocket passer. When forced to be such, TT has withered on the vine.

Blended 2015-2016 stats:

QB Taylor Tannehill
CMP 404 539
ATT 648 851
CMP% 62% 63%
Pass Yds 4804 6325
Pass Avg 7.41%. 7.43%
Pass TD 30 34
Int 9 19
QBR 68.5 54
RAT 92 90
Rush Yds 930 232
Rush TDs 8 2
Total Yds 5734 6557
Total TDs 38 36

Define a fair shake. He's had a season and a half, which is more of a shake than EJ was given. He's had less than 5 truly good games in this year and a half. I'd actually argue less than 3, but people will say I'm biased.

He's been in the league for 6 years and looks like he just walked on the field from some JUCO JV tryouts.

Yes, the Seattle game was nice. He did incredibly well. However, he has only been consistently bad; never consistently good. For someone who could actually be referred to as a "veteran," that's not a promising sign.

That -may- be the case. But wrt rushing TD, they're simply not sustainable...ask cam newton. To be a long-term guy, you gotta be a pocket passer. When forced to be such, TT has withered on the vine.

Except when he doesnt

And frankly I dispute that TT has to be a pocket passer anyway.....thats horse pucky as well

Define a fair shake. He's had a season and a half, which is more of a shake than EJ was given. He's had less than 5 truly good games in this year and a half. I'd actually argue less than 3, but people will say I'm biased.

He's been in the league for 6 years and looks like he just walked on the field from some JUCO JV tryouts.

Yes, the Seattle game was nice. He did incredibly well. However, he has only been consistently bad; never consistently good. For someone who could actually be referred to as a "veteran," that's not a promising sign.

You want to know what else was nice in the Seattle game?

Woods was somewhat healthy

Percy was on the field for 21 snaps

Mariota is better than both of them, with a team with less quality talent than Miami or Buffalo...and way less than Dallas BTW. He's something like 25-0 scoring in the red zone this year. If you could have your pick from the 3 of them, which one would you choose?

Mariota all day. I know it's Tyrod over Tanny and it would be a no brainer for most unbiased fans.

Gungy with the EJ got a chuckle out of me. Didn't know if it was a joke or not.

But I get your points.

Obviously, so would everyone. But all 32 teams in the league would rather have Mariota than Dalton, which was my original point that you contested.

Dude, you ARE biased. You acknowledged he played well last week but said that he has less than three good games in his career. So you basically just said that last year, a year in which he went 8-6, threw 20 TD's to 6 INT's, that he had at maximum one good game? What is wrong with you? Why are you so obsessed with hating Tyrod Taylor. It's so weird.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

So your issue is with running QBs in general. I tend to agree that it's not really a sustainable path, but judging from what I've seen the guy is never going to turn into Jim Kelly. He doesn't have the height and field vision to be a full time pocket passer. Personally, I think I think the best hope is that TT watches tape on Drew Brees and rolls out as much as possible, that's his cap IMHO.

Edited by Tenhigh

Joe is actually right. I'd rather have a pocket passer as well. 9 outta 10 would. But for some reason I like Taylor. I get more excited watching TT make plays with his feet than I ever did with Flutie. Watching Randall Cunningham as a kid I think made me want to have a QB like that someday. Fun to watch. Plus he seems really cool and love to have him represent WNY.

TYROD TAYLOR'S LAST GAME WAS HIS BEST GAME AS A PRO. Jesus, can we give the guy a week and see if he's able to build on that performance? What kind of person- let alone Bills fan- would take the bye week following Taylor's best game as a pro as an opportunity to start an anti-Taylor thread? Just give it a rest you three.