A tale of two quarterbacks:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ is a veteran now that he has played 16 games ;-)

I think that EJ goes to SF if Chip Kelly is still there. I suspect that he will be after they have the press conference farter only 1 season. They can't do that again or they won't get anyone to take the job.

Chip Kelly supposedly liked EJ. SF is going to take a QB early but EJ might be able to be a "Case Keenum placeholder" there and start the 1st handful of games. If he plays well he might be able to parlay it into a chance to compete somewhere for a starting job in 2018 or at least a decently paying backup role.

I would rather sign a veteran backup (Hoyer maybe) and develop Cardale as the young guy. I don't like this QB class.

I would rather sign a veteran backup (Hoyer maybe) and develop Cardale as the young guy. I don't like this QB class.

Can't say I am too familiar with the QB class next year. Are you sold on Jones though? Seems erratic to me but haven't seen him play too much

I think that EJ goes to SF if Chip Kelly is still there. I suspect that he will be after they have the press conference farter only 1 season. They can't do that again or they won't get anyone to take the job.

Chip Kelly supposedly liked EJ. SF is going to take a QB early but EJ might be able to be a "Case Keenum placeholder" there and start the 1st handful of games. If he plays well he might be able to parlay it into a chance to compete somewhere for a starting job in 2018 or at least a decently paying backup role.

Chip will run off to college.

Can't say I am too familiar with the QB class next year. Are you sold on Jones though? Seems erratic to me but haven't seen him play too much

He has as high of a ceiling as anyone in this class IMO. He is incredibly gifted but inexperienced and raw. He will either be a franchise QB or out of the league in 3 years I think. If we are talking about trying to find a franchise guy he has as much of a chance as these guys but he has a low floor too. The Bills can sign a "safe" backup and continue developing Cardale. He won't be ready until at least 2018 IMO but they knew that when they drafted him.

I'm going to give you the stat lines for two quarterbacks in the AFC. No names, I'd like you to identify them:

65.3% Completion, 2117 yards, 10 TD 7 INT, 91.3 rating.

60.4% completion, 1769 yards, 10 TD 3 INT, 87.7 rating.

Name those quarterbacks.

We'll see. He looked tremendous on MNF. let it run out..

We'll see. He looked tremendous on MNF. let it run out..

Fitz looked tremendous against us. Mediocre QBs have really good games sometimes. It doesn't mean that they are only going to get better. We have no choice but to let things play out but I'm not holding my breath that Tyrod against the Seahawks was a sign of things to come.