Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

"We will repeal and replace Obamacare. It will be done very, very quickly. It will be so easy."

Repeal and replace - FAIL

Repeal only - FAIL

Skinny repeal - FAIL

So much for the greatest deal maker. Trump couldn't even convince the Republicans who have had 7 years to come up with an acceptable plan. It turns out that Obama was the real deal maker. He should write a book, The Real Art of the Deal.

"We will repeal and replace Obamacare. It will be done very, very quickly. It will be so easy."

Repeal and replace - FAIL

Repeal only - FAIL

Skinny repeal - FAIL

So much for the greatest deal maker. Trump couldn't even convince the Republicans who have had 7 years to come up with an acceptable plan. It turns out that Obama was the real deal maker. He should write a book, The Real Art of the Deal.

Except...he didn't. but you've never let historical fact get in the way of stupid.

Is he winning yet?

He is THE reason nothing is getting done.

You will work until you pass it.

Repeal should change to FIX. Then with cooperation something just might get accomplished

Agree , it has to be bipartisan to work

Is he winning yet?

He is THE reason nothing is getting done.

You will work until you pass it.

Repeal should change to FIX. Then with cooperation something just might get accomplished

Except that there is no fixing this mess.

No ****. You'd have to be a REAL half-wit to think that Mexico was ever going to pay for it.

And a zero wit to ever suggest it in the first place. The contempt Trump showed for his constituency in this regard is disgraceful.

Where there is a will there's a way

I would start with modified Medicare for all and go from there. It would be expensive and medical providers would take a big cut as well as drug companies.

They would have to raise the reimbursement rates to keep the system viable.

Edited by ALF

And a zero wit to ever suggest it in the first place. The contempt Trump showed for his constituency in this regard is disgraceful.

I disagree. That rhetoric showed precisely how well he understood his constituency, in that he he knew they'd accept it unquestioningly and passionately.

It's everyone else he showed contempt for.

I wouldn't go that far.

Part of the issue is the HC providers.

If citizens can be "fined" for not participating why not the same for providers?

I also see the reluctance of the red states initial rejection as part of this. Now their constituents are the ones who may lose the most.

Sort of a scary thought. (Not literally)

Might Donny be the catalyst to get the Dems and Reps to work together?

I find all this winning completely exhausting. I just can't keep track of it, so much winning.

I agree, we should all take a step back and hold a few more beer summits and international apology tours.