Some celebrities need help packing

I have a very good friend whose daughter asked if we were going to go to war now.

If that were my child, the first question is "Where did you get that idea?" Seriously. Did it come from her parents, teacher, friend...which friend? Where did your friend hear this? Etc.

This leads to a discussion about the need to question and verify before you believe, and the value and importance of independent thought.

Because I only have one child, we don't shield him from much of anything. We talk to him about the entire LBQTLMNOP world, and trans 5-year-olds, and drugs, and sex, and politics. He's almost 12, he's really very smart, and he gets it to a large extent, but we are a Christian home, so it's pretty easy for him to understand how to behave anhd respond in most any of those arenas.

But again...as others have said...if you're a parent and you're asking "What am I supposed to tell my children?" about pretty much anything, maybe you should stop reproducing because we have enough snowflakes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Chuck Schumer was forced into having an awkward conversation with his darling little daughter when the news about "oral sex" broke during the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinski blow job sleaze scandal broke into the MSM. His response to her question, "What's 'oral sex' daddy?", he replied, "They talked about sex." He was extremely annoyed about having to have a conversation about the topic with her because "Republicans" brought the issue into the news.

Today I saw two funny incidents regarding the election...one was in the Burbs 20 minutes north of Boston. An old white guy holding up a gigantic Trump/Spence Make America Great Sign. An officer was parked 50 feet away from him, I assume that was to eliminate any foolishness.

The next one was perfect ... Some (*^*&%^$^#was sitting on a halfwall down by Fanuel Hall with a bag on his head. The back of the bag said !@#$ Trump, then on the front he had the eyes poked out. Browns fan I guess. Why go out to make a political statement and beg for attention then cover up your face? Props to the Old man for waving that flag and holding that sign, it was over the top but atleast he wasn't half assing it.

If that were my child, the first question is "Where did you get that idea?" Seriously. Did it come from her parents, teacher, friend...which friend? Where did your friend hear this? Etc.

This leads to a discussion about the need to question and verify before you believe, and the value and importance of independent thought.

Because I only have one child, we don't shield him from much of anything. We talk to him about the entire LBQTLMNOP world, and trans 5-year-olds, and drugs, and sex, and politics. He's almost 12, he's really very smart, and he gets it to a large extent, but we are a Christian home, so it's pretty easy for him to understand how to behave anhd respond in most any of those arenas.

But again...as others have said...if you're a parent and you're asking "What am I supposed to tell my children?" about pretty much anything, maybe you should stop reproducing because we have enough snowflakes.

My only response to this post is: Would you please stop telling us how old your son is. Jesus Christ I remember when he was born.

I have a very good friend whose daughter asked if we were going to go to war now. She said she had no idea how to address it.

"Yes, and you're going to be drafted. In fact, I've already signed you up for paramilitary training, your first Girl Scout meeting is next week."

My only response to this post is: Would you please stop telling us how old your son is. Jesus Christ I remember when he was born.

Yeah, since I wasn't writing exclusively to you, I figured with this particular topic, other readers understanding the age of the kids is important. The discussion has a huge difference from 7 to 12.

And I'm glad you remember how old he is because I keep forgetting.

Yeah, since I wasn't writing exclusively to you, I figured with this particular topic, other readers understanding the age of the kids is important. The discussion has a huge difference from 7 to 12.

And I'm glad you remember how old he is because I keep forgetting.

I don't remember how old he was. I thought he was 5. :lol:

I have a very good friend whose daughter asked if we were going to go to war now. She said she had no idea how to address it. I said "tell her the exact same thing that you and I said the day before the election. Regardless of who wins this is still the best country in the world." When my friend assumed Hillary was going to win she absolutely agreed with that but now that Donald has won she doesn't feel that way I guess. I also told her to tell her daughter that more people love her than do not love her. But this is coming from a guy with no kids so what the !@#$ do I know. If you don't know how to answer that question you need to take a few steps back and get away from the politics for awhile.

Wow. Lucky them huh?

My daughter is 15. She voted with my wife and pushed the cast vote button together. Say what you will about Hillary, that moment will be one my daughter will remember for her life and someday a better candidate will shatter the glass ceiling.

She woke up disappointed. Her friends are disappointed. Some were in histrionics. But I told her the Churchill quote, reminded her that she votes on her own in 2020, and we had a good discussion about how being in a democracy means sometimes your candidate loses and you should listen to the winners and try to understand what upset them. She got it.

She's watching Trump warily (as are we all!) but I takes her into trying to look for his good traits: no special interests, unafraid of DC, speaks his mind (!), is a voice for people who feel left behind.

I also told her our family is ok. Home is ok. None of that will change.

And lo and behold, she's ok.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

My daughter is 15. She voted with my wife and pushed the cast vote button together. Say what you will about Hillary, that moment will be one my daughter will remember for her life and someday a better candidate will shatter the glass ceiling.

She woke up disappointed. Her friends are disappointed. Some were in histrionics. But I told her the Churchill quote, reminded her that she votes on her own in 2020, and we had a good discussion about how being in a democracy means sometimes your candidate loses and you should listen to the winners and try to understand what upset them. She got it.

She's watching Trump warily (as are we all!) but I takes her into trying to look for his good traits: no special interests, unafraid of DC, speaks his mind (!), is a voice for people who feel left behind.

Good job.

Apparently Chelsea Handler isn't leaving after all. Shocker

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5824ac5be4b0cdd5e7e9b3d5

That's a loss for the country. But a win for domestic alcohol sales.

We can look forward to two things during the Trump administration.

1. The infinite flow of comedic material for the entertainment industry especially the late night TV comics and the Cable standup comedian specials.

2. The resurgence of reporting on the real issues of the day, e.g., homelessness, drug addiction, poverty, unemployment, underemployment, etc.

2. Increased assassination attempts on the POTUS.

2. Revisionist historians books on B.O. and Hillary.

I said only two, so I kept it at two. :P:lol::ph34r:

This is just horrible parenting. How is she going to know who's right if you don't explain to her the Democrats are? This is why the children belong to all of us, and "The Village" should be responsible for bringing them up.