Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

I actually tried because I was curious. But it was really long and I got creeped out very quickly. Basically, I think their stance is to remain coy and smirky while claiming that people misread their intentions all the time and then they wink in a way that says they are exactly who we think they are, but if we say it out loud, they'll say we're reading too much into it. I think they really enjoy this game.

Very odd & creepy.

Yeah, I only made it 8 or 9 minutes in before stopping, and you describe exactly how it came across to me as well.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you want to bet that the subs to the subcontractors to the prime contractor for the wall all hire day laborers from outside of Home Depot to build it?

those are the only people willing and skilled enough to keep themselves out of here......

I actually tried because I was curious. But it was really long and I got creeped out very quickly. Basically, I think their stance is to remain coy and smirky while claiming that people misread their intentions all the time and then they wink in a way that says they are exactly who we think they are, but if we say it out loud, they'll say we're reading too much into it. I think they really enjoy this game.Very odd & creepy.

So you mean they act just like Democrat operatives do. Hmmmm.

the Hail Trump and Salute was all part of a well orchestrated comedy routine.... i see that now

Definitely not well orchestrated, but comedy nonetheless. The entire conference was recorded and is available online -- that's close to 10 hours of footage without German spoken and without Roman salutes made.

In the end, it doesn't matter, though. They called Trump a Nazi and it didn't stop him.

I actually tried because I was curious. But it was really long and I got creeped out very quickly. Basically, I think their stance is to remain coy and smirky while claiming that people misread their intentions all the time and then they wink in a way that says they are exactly who we think they are, but if we say it out loud, they'll say we're reading too much into it. I think they really enjoy this game.

Very odd & creepy.

That's my take and why I asked our resident Nazi. They play this weird unfunny and creepy (even for them) game where they won't say they are Nazis but they find it cute to avoid it. It's like they are 6 year olds.

What do you want to bet that the subs to the subcontractors to the prime contractor for the wall all hire day laborers from outside of Home Depot to build it?

Yes but they will be asked to work on it from the southern side and when they're done they'll look at each other and bash their heads against it.

Very odd & creepy.

That's my take and why I asked our resident Nazi. They play this weird unfunny and creepy (even for them) game where they won't say they are Nazis but they find it cute to avoid it. It's like they are 6 year olds.

This nudge and wink sort of game that WNs are playing isn't new. The WNs have actually been doing this for some time. Wearing good clothes, getting respectable jobs, abstaining from tattoos and ****ty haircuts and other ways you easily identify a skinhead, toning down the rhetoric a bit and putting themselves in positions where they can wield influence without being immediately smacked down as illegitimate. Image is everything.

This nudge and wink sort of game that WNs are playing isn't new. The WNs have actually been doing this for some time. Wearing good clothes, getting respectable jobs, abstaining from tattoos and ****ty haircuts and other ways you easily identify a skinhead, toning down the rhetoric a bit and putting themselves in positions where they can wield influence without being immediately smacked down as illegitimate. Image is everything.

Ultimately they are kitties, scared of the black man and the Jews because they didn't get laid in high school

Back to the "Backlash

“Fake news” hysteria just the latest form of elite paternalism

And denial.

Yesterday, I wrote that Democrats are going through the Five Stages of Blame-Throwing in an attempt to explain their utter and nationwide failure to connect with voters outside of their base. The fourth scapegoat presents an especially pernicious trend, given its widespread traction over the last couple of weeks — “fake news.” We have a new moral panic on our hands based on a very old phenomenon, and its embrace typifies the paternalism and elitism that has Americans in such an anti-establishment mood in the 2016 cycle.

An analysis by Buzzfeed last week gave this moral panic more momentum. It claimed that the top 20 “fake news” articles got more clicks on Facebook in the final three months of the election cycle than the top 20 “real news” articles, and highlighted the top five from each list. As Timothy Carney pointed out in the Washington Examiner, the five consisted of four liberal anti-Trump opinion columns and naked pictures of Melania Trump. At least one of the top five so-called fakes was a pro-Trump opinion piece, not a news article at all.

Regardless, people have demanded that Mark Zuckerberg start filtering content to screen for “fake news,” even though no one has shown any correlation at all between Facebook news-feed clicks and voting decisions. There isn’t even a correlation posited, let alone a causation, and yet the same people who blew the election by talking past middle-America voters now demand that Facebook and others treat them like idiots, too.

{snip}

This hysteria over fake news reflects a deeper contempt for Americans by the elites pushing this as a national threat, and demanding top-down solutions to “solve” it. As with practically every other issue, they want to make those choices themselves for everyone else because they think everyone outside the Beltway, Manhattan, Hollywood, and Academia are too stupid to think for themselves. The cure for bad speech (or “fake news”) is not censorship and filtering by the elites, but broader access to better information that allows consumers to find the truth on their own, which we do pretty well. Even before the Internet, when research was an expensive and time-consuming process, American voters knew how to evaluate sources of information and judge accordingly.

The truth is that voters rejected the contempt aimed at them by these same elites — and the elites remain in denial about it, despite that broad rejection on every level in the past election. Unfortunately, that contempt is at least as old as “fake news,” and it doesn’t appear to be waning.

Edited by B-Man

2000: They stole Florida!!

2004: They stole Ohio!!

2016: They stole Penn, Wisconsin AND Michigan!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/23/politics/election-hack-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

:doh:

Trump campaigned his ass off in those states while Hillary napped. On the other hand, every district that submits results should go through some verification or audit process before certifying the vote. Maybe this is done to an extent already but we have to have integrity in the vote. To me there should be a rock solid process of verification so that neither side has anything to B word about.

Edited by keepthefaith

Trump campaigned his ass off in those states while Hillary napped. On the other hand, every district that submits results should go through some verification or audit process before certifying the vote. Maybe this is done to an extent already but we have to have integrity in the vote. To me there should be a rock solid process of verification so that neither side has anything to B word about.

Funny how the Democrats only worry about the integrity of the vote when they lose...