Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

The implication came from his comments that he believes that marriage is an issue that should be handled at the state level.

Oh the horror! :o

I'm still asking myself: we're seriously going through with this, America? Seriously? Still seems unreal.

But the idea of Hillary fading into the background has me absolutely giddy. My entire political life has been dominated by Clintons and Bushes. For the first time since I was eligible to vote, neither family is on the political horizon. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

Hallelujah!

In the next decade's episode of "Who's Running For Office," the role of the Clintons will be played by the Obamas.

Michelle in 2020. Then Malia vs. Chelsea in a the 2024 DNC Primary. Malia will win and run against Ivanka Trump.

Please God, NO!

Yeah...I just have to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Chelsea has already held fund raisers for her upcoming political campaigns.

Is there any better indicator that The Clintons, and their "Foundation" are just about money ?

In the next decade's episode of "Who's Running For Office," the role of the Clintons will be played by the Obamas.

Michelle in 2020. Then Malia vs. Chelsea in a the 2024 DNC Primary. Malia will win and run against Ivanka Trump.

I pray that Michelle learns to enjoy a very comfy retirement in a few months.

I pray that Michelle learns to enjoy a very comfy retirement in a few months.

I've already seen Michelle and Elizabeth posts on FB for 2020. My response was the Dems need to figure out why they lost before they even consider who to put up in 2020.

Doubtful. There is a genuine affection between them

Affection or affliction?

Doubtful. There is a genuine affection between them

I saw an article yesterday about someone who was out hiking Thursday morning and ran in to Bill and Hillary out for a walk. It was your typical useless puff piece...but it was still kind-of sweet, to read something about how for the first time in almost 40 years the Clintons get to act like a normal dysfunctional couple, instead of a political dysfunctional couple.

I mean...I don't get it, but if it works for them, hey, more power to them. Most people wouldn't understand my marriage either.

I saw an article yesterday about someone who was out hiking Thursday morning and ran in to Bill and Hillary out for a walk. It was your typical useless puff piece...but it was still kind-of sweet, to read something about how for the first time in almost 40 years the Clintons get to act like a normal dysfunctional couple, instead of a political dysfunctional couple.

I mean...I don't get it, but if it works for them, hey, more power to them. Most people wouldn't understand my marriage either.

I heard that they were scouting out some "shallow grave" sites.

(do I really need to add a sarcasm tag ?, by the quality of understanding shown in several of the posts today, I am afraid I do)

The public wouldn't ever accept it, but I think its very possible they had/have an open marriage. There's a lot of polyamorous people out there (including myself, actually) that don't really talk about it, because it's not socially acceptable. It's kinda like how every POTUS has to act like they are super religious in order to get elected, even if they are obviously not (Obama/Trump, heh).

Looks like Trump is ready to move forward with those conservative principles we've been hearing about.

Trump unveils student debt pan that makes Bernie's plan seen unfair.

“We would cap repayment for an affordable portion of the borrower’s income, 12.5 percent, we’d cap it. That gives you a lot to play with and a lot to do,” Trump said at a rally in Columbus, Ohio, on Thursday. “And if borrowers work hard and make their full payments for 15 years, we’ll let them get on with their lives. They just go ahead and they get on with their lives.

Perhaps the protesters should listen to what Trump has to say. They will probably be surprised to find out he's every bit as left as Bernie or Hillary.

Edited by LABillzFan

Looks like Trump is ready to move forward with those conservative principles we've been hearing about.

Perhaps the protesters should listen to what Trump has to say. They will probably be surprised to find out he's every bit as left as Bernie or Hillary.

What the !@#$? What ever happened to capping LENDING based on income? Instead, take all the money you want, and pay back only what you can afford?

It's like I said...he's the best choice, because he's not going to !@#$ over just his opponents. He's going to piss off everybody.

He's surrounding himself with true conservatives.