Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

And now we have the protests....apparently against free and open elections....full of people repeating words they don't understand.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-us-election-2016-live-reactio

The overall idiocy is astounding. They want free elections...as long as people are free to vote for their choice.

2008 Obama McCain

69,498,516 59,948,323

2012 Obama Romney

65,915,795 60,933,504

2016 Clinton Trump

59,814,018 59,611,678 so far 11/9/2016

looks like normal Republican turnout , not so for Democrat vote

And now we have the protests....apparently against free and open elections....full of people repeating words they don't understand.

It seems like only last week that all the leftists were arguing how the right thing to do would be to accept the results of the election, regardless of what Trump thinks.

But now they don't want to accept it?

Freaking pansy-ass snowflakes.

Are these more bussed in people courtesy of George Soros? And talk about a waste of time and energy. Nothing is going to change because of these protests. Nothing.

BREAKING NEWS: Obama Concedes to Protesters, Allows "Do-Over" of Election.

In an address to protesters outside the White House this evening, President Obama agreed that election of Donald Trump should be rendered invalid, and new elections held that more accurately reflect the interests of the American people.

"In this difficult and trying presidential race, we have seen the mass disenfranchisement of a large number of people by low voter turnout stemming from their misjudgement that a Hillary Clinton's presidency was inevitable. It is only fair that we nullify the results of this election, and hold new ones. This is a difficult decision I take, but I feel it is in the best interests of America, to protect the integrity of the sacrosanct right to vote and to have your voice heard. And we will continue to hold elections until your voices elect Hillary Clinton to her destined role as President of the United States!"

President Obama then added "Just kidding. Go to bed, you !@#$ing crybabies."

President Obama

I wonder if these self-destructive pinheads are capable of listening to anybody.

I also wonder if Bernie taking a shot at it might settle this thing down before it gets any stupider?

I wonder if these self-destructive pinheads are capable of listening to anybody.

I also wonder if Bernie taking a shot at it might settle this thing down before it gets any stupider?

No. Ergo, they should be left to their own devices. NO police or fire intervention.

Yes, the creepy little ***** worry me. The cabinet rumors I keep hearing worry the hell out of me. (Rudy Giuliani would be a good pick for AG...thirty years ago, when he'd RICO-bombed the mob and Mike Milken.)

But even then, a lot of them have to pass Senate confirmation to do anything. And even there I think they might rein in the worst excesses (like Gingrich at State).

Rudy should go to DHS. Christie might be the COS - but I'd prefer him as WH Press Secretary - just for the comedic value alone.

Bring back Condy. Carson should have a seat somewhere at the Cabinet table. Ted Cruz - SC appointee to replace Scalia? (he doesn't belong in a country club setting like the Senate)

That's got an Occams' sensibility to it, but as flat-out strange as this whole thing has already been, I've still got some trepidation that things could get sideways real quick right after the inaugural victory rush.

Did you have that same sense of trepidation about things when B.O. was sworn in with iron clad House and Senate majorities? :unsure:

I think it might have if the Dems had somehow managed to swipe the Senate, but this particular group without a clearly defined sense of boundaries just gives me the willies.

Oh, I think they know exactly where the boundaries are. They'll probably draw a red line on them too.

But you remember when B.O. was first elected. Republicans and Conservatives filled the streets for days, clogging intersections, shutting down Interstate highways, and shi tting on cop cars. Remember?

I got zero straight man skillz but at this point, what difference does it really make?

:thumbsup::lol:

Edited by Nanker

Rudy should go to DHS. Christie might be the COS - but I'd prefer him as WH Press Secretary - just for the comedic value alone.

Bring back Condy. Carson should have a seat somewhere at the Cabinet table. Ted Cruz - SC appointee to replace Scalia? (he doesn't belong in a country club setting like the Senate)

There is no way Trump appoints Cruz, and even if he did, there is no way the Senate confirms him.

Wouldn't this be a great way to get him OUT of the Senate?

It would, but I think he's burned enough bridges there that they won't reward him to get rid of him.

Even if he gets every Republican to back him, which he won't, the Democrats most certainly filibuster him, because in addition to their dislike of him, there's no way they allow an outspoken originalist on the Court. He never gets a supermajority of 60.

Edit: I just heard something absolutely fascinating that I hadn't considered before. The left has been so strongly rebuked by the national electorate that Republicans now hold 69% of all state legislatures.

Republicans can actually begin amending the Constitution if they'd like. That's even more of a game changer than controlling the Court.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It would, but I think he's burned enough bridges there that they won't reward him to get rid of him.

Even if he gets every Republican to back him, which he won't, the Democrats most certainly filibuster him, because in addition to their dislike of him, there's no way they allow an outspoken originalist on the Court. He never gets a supermajority of 60.

Well unlike the last year, there's no way the dems can hold on for two years.

These aren't people with a gripe. They're hired protesters per the usual liberal temper tantrum. Half of them barely know why they're there.

Occupy Wall Street. The 99%. All of them paid to do a 1%er's whining.

End their paycheck, end their noise. Just that simple.