Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

Sarah Palin? Where...Department of Education?

And Christie running HHS, no doubt...

People are actually acting like Trump was just elected emperor. "I don't know if I'll be able to get married in March now!"

Christ...don't worry about it. You are getting married in March. The government is designed to make it hard to do stupid, impulsive things.

Well he basically was, but it's their fault, helping to build the imperial presidency.

Yes I did realize that. :rolleyes:

Someone's a little cranky this morning. Lighten up Francis.

I'm too galdanged old to be sitting up til 3:30 in the morning watching election returns and then getting up at 6 for work. -_-

I have to be honest, I thought I would enjoy the Facebook meltdown more. It's actually sad and pathetic today. "This isn't the country I thought I knew!", "What a setback for our country", blah, blah, blah.

Here's a goodie from a "friend" of mine.

"How appropriate that this is the anniversary of Kritallnacht"

Oy vey. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one even slightly hesitant about the fact that we just handed a pocketful of Supreme Court nominees, the House, the Senate and the White House over to a sociopathic demagogue and the handful of creepy little shlts that accompany him? :ph34r:

Am I the only one even slightly hesitant about the fact that we just handed a pocketful of Supreme Court nominees, the House, the Senate and the White House over to a sociopathic demagogue and the handful of creepy little shlts that accompany him? :ph34r:

Not at all. Maybe it will all work out fine somehow? It seems highly unlikely but so did a Trump presidency.

More Twitter comments..........

what's wonderful is the utter cluelessness about how this brand left wing hysterics directly contributed to Trump's appeal.

Please note: the same people now telling you why Trump won are the same people who spent the last week telling you why he was going to lose.

A $1 billion campaign budget and a slavishly in-the-tank media was supposed to be the reason Hillary won.

Turns out that's reason she lost.

For sale, one large fireworks display, unused. $2950 OBO. Contact John P at Javits Center #NYCCraigslist

I hope despondent lefties are finally realizing why "local control" is not a dirty word.

"It's my turn" doesn't resonate with voters as much as some might think.

2375_84984116216_633511216_2728356_71328 David Burge @iowahawkblog 17m17 minutes ago

David Burge Retweeted T. Becket Adams

You won't have Chick Nixon to kick around anymore

In truth, we didn't hand him the House or Senate. I fully expect them to come to their senses relatively quickly and tell the Oompa-Loompa-in-Chief "No." I'm certain they're not just going to rubber-stamp his whims.

The government's designed to keep idiots from breaking things too badly. Those controls have been weakened over the past decades, but this may actually reverse that process to some degree. So am I hesitant? Hell. yes. Truly worried? Not all that much, in truth.

In truth, we didn't hand him the House or Senate. I fully expect them to come to their senses relatively quickly and tell the Oompa-Loompa-in-Chief "No." I'm certain they're not just going to rubber-stamp his whims.

I don't disagree with this; and that makes me wonder if it's the reason I keep finding myself thinking more about all those creepy little ***** than I do about the circus peanut himself (great visual, btw).

I don't disagree with this; and that makes me wonder if it's the reason I keep finding myself thinking more about all those creepy little ***** than I do about the circus peanut himself (great visual, btw).

Yes, the creepy little ***** worry me. The cabinet rumors I keep hearing worry the hell out of me. (Rudy Giuliani would be a good pick for AG...thirty years ago, when he'd RICO-bombed the mob and Mike Milken.)

But even then, a lot of them have to pass Senate confirmation to do anything. And even there I think they might rein in the worst excesses (like Gingrich at State).

Simon I already told you Hillary lost.

Yes, the creepy little ***** worry me. The cabinet rumors I keep hearing worry the hell out of me. (Rudy Giuliani would be a good pick for AG...thirty years ago, when he'd RICO-bombed the mob and Mike Milken.)

But even then, a lot of them have to pass Senate confirmation to do anything. And even there I think they might rein in the worst excesses (like Gingrich at State).

Gingrich as SoS is horrifying to contemplate.

I was pretty hesitant about either of them, but I think the whole 'world is ending' reaction we're seeing from people is absurdly juvenile and ignorant of how the government works (usually very slowly and gradually).

I've actually had to explain to college educated people the POTUS can't launch nuclear weapons.

I don't have anything to say to people who are "scared". Scared of what, exactly?

As for the USSC, I was much more afraid of Clinton radically changing the court for decades by adding two more young, far left wingers like Obama did. Trump winning keeps the court in balance.

Gingrich as SoS is horrifying to contemplate.

Ok, that is scary.

I was pretty hesitant about either of them, but I think the whole 'world is ending' reaction we're seeing from people is absurdly juvenile and ignorant of how the government works (usually very slowly and gradually).

I've actually had to explain to college educated people the POTUS can't launch nuclear weapons.

I don't have anything to say to people who are "scared". Scared of what, exactly?

As for the USSC, I was much more afraid of Clinton radically changing the court for decades by adding two more young, far left wingers like Obama did. Trump winning keeps the court in balance.

Did you expect them to act any differently?

What are you talking about? Hillary lost.

That's got an Occams' sensibility to it, but as flat-out strange as this whole thing has already been, I've still got some trepidation that things could get sideways real quick right after the inaugural victory rush.