Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

What disgusts me are the growing number of FB posts by the crybabies who are now blaming the rural folk for their predicament. They don't even realize how hypocritical their elitism looks, and is precisely the reason these voters were attracted by Trump's message. The morons don't even realize it was a similar message that siphoned off 45% of Hillary's base in the primaries.

Its pretty incredible to see them blasting all Trump supporters for being hateful, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, homophobic, islamaphobic, white, male, Christian, mouth breathing morons while simultaneously claiming to represent love, understanding, and acceptance.

Which it goddamn well should be.

I tend to agree, as long as the fed gov will recognize those marriages as defined and performed by the individual states. In other words, as long as something like DOMA isn’t resurrected.

EDIT: I see you just made the same point in another thread

Edited by Cugalabanza

The implication came from his comments that he believes that marriage is an issue that should be handled at the state level.

That doesn't even imply that he is going to outlaw gay marriage, much less homosexuality (which is what I was responding to).

I tend to agree, as long as the fed gov will recognize those marriages as defined and performed by the individual states. In other words, as long as something like DOMA isn’t resurrected.

EDIT: I see you just made the same point in another thread

Most people don't realize that most of the benefits of being married fall in with federal rules and regulations. Something as "simple" as an inherited spousal IRA.

I'm still asking myself: we're seriously going through with this, America? Seriously? Still seems unreal.

But the idea of Hillary fading into the background has me absolutely giddy. My entire political life has been dominated by Clintons and Bushes. For the first time since I was eligible to vote, neither family is on the political horizon. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

I'm still asking myself: we're seriously going through with this, America? Seriously? Still seems unreal.

But the idea of Hillary fading into the background has me absolutely giddy. My entire political life has been dominated by Clintons and Bushes. For the first time since I was eligible to vote, neither family is on the political horizon. Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, I'm free at last!

It is bizarro world and I feel the same. The thought of Donald in the Oval Office is just something I can't comprehend but the thought of the Clintons just becoming a footnote gives me a tingle up my leg.

In the next decade's episode of "Who's Running For Office," the role of the Clintons will be played by the Obamas.

Michelle in 2020. Then Malia vs. Chelsea in a the 2024 DNC Primary. Malia will win and run against Ivanka Trump.

In the next decade's episode of "Who's Running For Office," the role of the Clintons will be played by the Obamas.

Michelle in 2020. Then Malia vs. Chelsea in a the 2024 DNC Primary. Malia will win and run against Ivanka Trump.

Malia won't be old enough in 2024. But even if she were, a Malia/Ivanka race would expose a serious gender gap in the AA community because when given the choice between a black woman or a white women, alotta brothers would go white

Malia won't be old enough in 2024. But even if she were, a Malia/Ivanka race would expose a serious gender gap in the AA community because when given the choice between a black woman or a white women, alotta brothers would go white

What do alcoholics have to do with this??

Uhhh 2020 is reserved for Kanye.

I dunno. They like big butts, and they cannot lie.

Yeah...I just have to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Chelsea has already held fund raisers for her upcoming political campaigns.