CD's

Chef Jim

I was wondering how many here ever listen to them anymore. With streaming music and almost every album recorded is on YouTube or somewhere online do you really need all those things taking up space. I downloaded all my favorites in my car the past few years which is where I listen to most of my music and I don't even really listen to them there. We just got rid of all our CD's yesterday. Everything from Anthrax to Dvorak...gone! I thought it would be hard to get rid of them but they were just dust catchers and it was no big deal. Now for the books.

Discuss............

I still buy them. I almost never stream music. I like having the product in hand - kind of old-fashioned in that regard.

I replaced them all with LPs.

LPs?! 8-track is clearly the way to go.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup they're from Vermont. I've been following them a couple years now. The only thing for me is they have a little Phish to them and not a fan of the Phish.

What on earth on they going to do with all that Barry Manilow and Mel Torme stuff?

I just came across them probably shortly after you and started buying a few tracks.

There are a couple really sick rhythm players in that band.

And yes I still have a hundred or so CD's stowed away in a box in the garage. I want to come up with something creative to do with them before I just toss them.

Unlike Jim, I am open to suggestions.......

Edited by Simon

I just came across them probably shortly after you and started buying a few tracks.

There are a couple really sick rhythm players in that band.

And yes I still have a hundred or so CD's stowed away in a box in the garage. I want to come up with something creative to do with them before I just toss them.

Unlike Jim, I am open to suggestions.......

Suggestions and advice are two different things. :D

I had a customer last week that was looking at a 2017 Traverse. Opted to buy a used 16 because the new Chevy's will not have CD players anymore. In fairness to him, he was an older gentleman who despises technology. :rolleyes:

My Dad last bought a car in 2006. Honda Accord has been running like a champ ever since.

But I recall when he bought it one of the selling points the dealer try to push was the 6 CD changer. His response to the dealer was the only CDs he had were in the bank :lol:

While entertaining last weekend I turned on the CD player......and got Christmas music. That's how long it's been! My wife has an amazing little speaker a little larger than a coke can linked to her phone and uses that all around the house, and I KNOW we need a better way to do this.