The Last Truly Great Team in the NFL

Rico

I'll say the 1993 Cowboys.

Over the past 10 years, the only teams even close to the conversation IMO would be the 2007 Pats and 2013 Seahawks. Ridiculous how watered down the league is today.

Edited by Rico

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the past 10 years, the only teams even close to the conversation IMO would be the 2007 Pats and 2013 Seahawks. Ridiculous how watered down the league is today.

2013 Seahawks.

Those Niners/Seahawks battles were so great to watch........extraordinary football.

Just a lot of parity.......most of the out of touch owners have moved on to the afterlife and now the playing field is pretty level so teams like the Bills aren't there to be the farm system for certain teams and throw the competitive balance off. :thumbsup:

An conversation that doesn't include the Patriots over the last 15 or so years is void.

As much as I hate them, and as much as I think they are a lying, cheating organization, they have proved to be the best team in the history of the game. If you look at QBs and Head Coaches alone, Tom Brady and The Hoodoe have more appearances than any other duo.

I'd put the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs in there...they were 12-4 during the regular season and then blasted teams in the playoffs outscoring them by a combined 106-37

I'd probably also put the 2000 Ravens in there as well...that defense was ridiculous...they also went 12-4 but ended up as a wild card because Pittsburgh won the division. They allowed a TOTAL of 23 points in 4 playoff games, outscoring the 4 teams by a combined 105-23...

I would agree that you will probably never see the great dynasty teams like you did in the up to the nineties. The salary cap and free agency have seen to that. Conversely, at least now most teams have hope that they can build a team and make a run. For all those old Cowboys, Steelers, and such there were a lot more Buccaneers, Falcons, Colts,and other teams who were abysmal and never had much if a chance for decades at a time. Yes, the available talent is now more spread out, forcing team management to be savvier to stay competitive. The one thing I would say hasn't changed is that your team's chances are still inexorably tied to your qb. Except now you can get out from under a bad one you drafted faster. Just wish the Bills would get ahead of the curve for once, after 16 years I'd say we're overdue.

Was thinking something similar watching games yesterday, and was going to post in the ratings thread.

This year especially, you have the Pats at one end, the Browns at the other...and the other 30 teams are pretty much equal it seems. Who is less injured and get the bounces seems to determine the outcome of most games. I think maybe that does effect ratings..we watch our favorite teams now and that about it.