Projecting the stretch run...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs, I'm going to he pretty depressed.

We'll end up spending the entire offseason performing autopsies on the Ravens, Jets and Dolphins games.

I'm honestly not frightened by anyone left on the schedule. Seattle on the road is tough, especially with a depleted offense. Outside of that, there's a case to be made that every game is a 50-50 game. Just a case of geting healthy through the bye and fixing some of the issues that have plagued us so far.

We are a .500 team. We can be plus or minus 1 game. It's been the same for almost 20 years. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

Haven't looked yet but feel like they are more like a .350-.400 team over that stretch.

EDIT: surprisingly .475 so i guess you are right. Feel like there were more bad season (6-10 or worse) than I remember.

Edited by The Wiz

Decided to look at what's left of this year and see how I think it shakes out....

@ Seattle: don't see it.Loss

Bye: Thank God

@ Cincinnati: Possible, but no. Loss

Jax: Have to win, and will. Win

@ Oakland: no. Loss

Pittsburgh: No if Ben plays. Loss

Cleveland: Lose here and they'll be burning Rex, Whaley, and Tyrod in effigy in the RV lot. Win

Miami: A W revenge game. Win

@ Jets: Win

So that comes out 8-8. Blechh.... Would like to see what others think, maybe I'm missing something. Would love to be pessimistically wrong about this...

Really think we beat the Bengals as we're coming off our bye. Hell, Cincy is coming off a Monday night game. That's a huge advantage. Edited by BarleyNY

Here is how I see it: Jacksonville, Cleveland and Jets or Miami are wins. The Bills wont get swept by both Miami and the Jets. The floor is 7 wins.

Possible:

• Seattle cant stop the pass rush but I am not sure that the Bills can score enough to win. This has the makings of an ugly game IMO but I give the Bills about a 25% chance.
  • Miami and the Jets are games that the Bills should win. I am only putting 1 as a lock but I give them a 75% chance in the other.
  • Pittsburgh at home without Aaron Williams could be bad. I just have this vision of Ben chucking the ball over the top about 3 times for TDs. They are beat up though and have games where they are atrocious. That being said I give the Bills a 25% chance in this one.
  • Cincy off of a bye and a short week for them is a winnable game for sure. I don't know what happened to them but they seemed to have regressed. I think that the Bills have about a 50% chance in that game.
  • At Oakland scares me as well and IMO is the game that they are least likely to win on the schedule. I give them about a 15% chance there. They are going to need to play well and get a couple of bounces.

I guess that I would say 9-7 and out of the playoffs. I don't know if any other AFC teams will get in at 9-7 but the Bills certainly won't with their conference record. Those AFC West teams haven't played each other really yet so that could change things. The Bills will need to get to 10 wins to get a spot. It is definitely possible but I wouldn't say likely.

Dalton is gonna tear us apart. We have no answer for AJ Green

Can't do what Washington did with Green. Asking a corner to play him one-on-one is absolutely reckless. Just got to concede defeat against the greats and bracket him with a safety every damn play.

I think Green plays majority right side so Darby + TBD safety on Green, Gilmore on LaFell, NRC on Boyd.

@ Seattle: LOSS

Bye:

@ Cincinnati: LOSS (if at home maybe W)

Jax: WIN (A loss should cause rex his job)

@ Oakland: LOSS

Pittsburgh: LOSS

Cleveland: LOSS

Miami: WIN

@ Jets: WIN

Final 7-9

Really? What is it that they do that makes you think they can win that game? They are 31st in run defense, playing in Buffalo in December.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I like our chances. Most of those teams are one-dimensional on offense, not to be mistaken with well oiled, multiple weapon attack of the Patriots.

I see all those games as winnable IF the team shows up to play. (That's a big IF) but there are no assumed blowouts there.

Decided to look at what's left of this year and see how I think it shakes out....

@ Seattle: don't see it.Loss

Bye: Thank God

@ Cincinnati: Possible, but no. Loss

Jax: Have to win, and will. Win

@ Oakland: no. Loss

Pittsburgh: No if Ben plays. Loss

Cleveland: Lose here and they'll be burning Rex, Whaley, and Tyrod in effigy in the RV lot. Win

Miami: A W revenge game. Win

@ Jets: Win

So that comes out 8-8. Blechh.... Would like to see what others think, maybe I'm missing something. Would love to be pessimistically wrong about this...

Our Buffalo Bills will pull one upset, either Pitt or Cinci, then lose to Cleveland. Mark my words

i look to the past to predict the future.

2015:
KC L (winnable game)
HOU W (beat a "playoff" team)
PHI L (winnable game)
WASH L (winnable game)
DAL W (beat a team they should beat)
Jets W (season was over)

I'm predicting the same pattern:

@ Seattle L (good team; loss inevitable)
Bye
@ Cincinnati L (winnable game)
Jax W (win vs team they should beat)
@ Oakland: W (will beat a playoff team)
Pittsburgh: L (close loss in a winnable game)
Cleveland: L (winnable game)
Miami: L (winnable game)
@ Jets W (season is already over)

7-9