Projecting the stretch run...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i keep running the scenarios through my head of which crippling ending the Bills will choose for us. In my mind, it comes down to the big three:

• Win some big uplifting games vs good opponents, subsequently lose vs very winnable teams (JAX/CLE).
  • Split some losses and wins on their way to a week 17 where we need two teams to win and us to win. Two teams win and we lose.
  • Lose big early (next two), change QB or coach or something, winning streak at the end that leaves them just short of the playoffs by one win (talk about previous losses and which one could've gotten us into the playoffs if we would've just hit that FG, run the ball, not thrown that INT, called timeout).

A recently unemployed, oft injured, 1 week of practice WR paired with a QB who has difficulty hitting open receivers against some very good DBs is one of your keys to victory?

I hear you eball, but you know who else's offense it a hot mess? Particularly if the running game is shut down?

At Seattle? It's not a favorable match up.

Guys, just calling it like I see it. I had ZERO hope of the Bills beating the Pats*** last Sunday -- I think it's a 50/50 proposition in Seattle Monday night.

i keep running the scenarios through my head of which crippling ending the Bills will choose for us. In my mind, it comes down to the big three:

• Win some big uplifting games vs good opponents, subsequently lose vs very winnable teams (JAX/CLE).
  • Split some losses and wins on their way to a week 17 where we need two teams to win and us to win. Two teams win and we lose.
  • Lose big early (next two), change QB or coach or something, winning streak at the end that leaves them just short of the playoffs by one win (talk about previous losses and which one could've gotten us into the playoffs if we would've just hit that FG, run the ball, not thrown that INT, called timeout).

your third bullet really is the historical norm, though it seems like the current regime is really married to rex and tryhard, so who knows, maybe we don't replace anyone and go on and lose out

It's really going to depend on how we do between now and that game. It could, from where we stand now, very well be a run for the busses game. If we're 5-9 or 6-8, It'll be an ugly game with Miami running for another 1500 yards or whatever they did last week. If we're at least 7-7 or maybe 8-6 (lol) then I think the bills show and make a game of it

I was literally referring to stopping the stretch run play that Miami torched us with and not the remaining games to be played.

Last bet I made concerning the Bills was SB 25. A guy I knew thought the Giants D would shut down the Bills O and bet me $50 that the Bills wouldn't score 20 points...

That guy you knew was lucky. The Giants defense did a piss poor job of stopping us all day. Unless you count giving up a point a minute to your opponent as stopping them.

He would have been more prescient had he said the Giants O would keep the ball for 41 minutes.