Cam Newton is a crybaby

Cam needs to realize the NFL has much to lose and nothing to gain by having him injured. Refs arent out to get him. It defies logic.

Bob-o... so what?

You keep pointing out that it's illogical, as if that is enough evidence to prove it's not happening. When I'd defy you to point out one move the NFL has made in the last 5 years that was at all logical! That's the point! That was the point of Sherman's "Common Sense" article. The NFL has none. If anything, pointing out that a conspiracy against Cam is illogical makes it sound all the more like the NFL we know and love. :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he "has an arrogant smile" so some people don't like him.

(Hint: "has an arrogant smile" is code for something else)

cmon Wes, id bet a very few dislike Newton because he is black.

I dislike him because he is a whiner. Because he flaunts and dances his ass off whe. He wins than shows his ass when he loses. Because he is over hyped and people generally don't see it. I watched as much of the Panthers as the Bills last year; nearly 14 regular season games start to finish. He misses a lot of throws. He never reads rhe full field but will take off and get lit up. He throws his body around like a madman. People think it's cool that he has the highlight in the game, usually a game where he simply doesn't need to do that. A game that in 3-4 years he will not be able to play. His body will have broke down by that time much like a Rb. His size and statute is amazing, he's so lean but it will not hold up. He takes the hits because he is just so big. He takes the hits because he lowers himself in to a hit. Brady, Brees and Rodgers, even Ryan get the hits because they stand there and take it. They know how to take the nit for the flag. They're also much, much smaller than Newton. Eli doesn't get that many flags, nor does Ben who is pretty big, too. Russel Wilson doesn't get them, either.

People acclaim Newton as awesome. I acclaim him stupid. In 3-4 years he will be done and spent up.

Anyway, I've often time gone on and on about Newton. Yeah, hes getting hit this year, but he won't get the calls. Its not always fair but stop whining. Maybe he should try dab'n.

Very interesting article. To me it comes down to this: if a player like Cam is going to vocally complain about not getting calls people are going to start looking at every play where he gets hit and question whether or not he should get flagged. Players that dont vocalize their complaints dont go under the microscope. Everytime Cam gets hit now whats the first thing people want to know? They want to know if it was flag worthy. It becomes an event.

Cam needs to realize the NFL has much to lose and nothing to gain by having him injured. Refs arent out to get him. It defies logic.

it proves he will be a kitty and all talk again. He won't show up. Hell cry and get the spotlight like he always does. Grade A vagina

He's definitely getting hit illegally alot but he's definitely being a cry baby. The more he talks about it the bigger it becomes.

to his point the bigger it becomes the more likely it will have results.

I agree. But its undeniable that Cam is a star. So by that logic, why wouldnt the NFL protect him? Cam is implying that the NFL is not protecting him the same way others are protected.

Some stars seem to matter a lot more than others, especially if they play for a certain teams.

Cam is right. He isn't being protected like some other QBs. He's not alone in that, but he's probably the biggest "name" that doesn't get calls. I've really given up on expecting officiating to be fair. I'm not blaming the officials either. It's not difficult for a league to make officials aware that certain money-making players need to be protected. The NBA sure does that. No one wants Lebron on the bench at the end of the game because he fouled out. I'm not sure why Cam isn't on the NFL list though. Maybe he pissed off the wrong league official.

Edited by BarleyNY

Bob-o... so what?

You keep pointing out that it's illogical, as if that is enough evidence to prove it's not happening. When I'd defy you to point out one move the NFL has made in the last 5 years that was at all logical! That's the point! That was the point of Sherman's "Common Sense" article. The NFL has none. If anything, pointing out that a conspiracy against Cam is illogical makes it sound all the more like the NFL we know and love. :lol:

Lmao.

K, lets go and walk through this for the 10th time:

NFL is specifically conspiring to ignore hits on Cam. This is exactly what is being implied by Cam. He is not calling out a single ref. He is painting with a broad brush. He is calling all refs/umps into question bc he is not getting calls that other QBs are getting. Such actions by Cam specifically call into question a possible league-wide conspiracy.

Why Cam. Why is that happening to YOU but not R wilson, Luck, Big Ben, Matty Ice, etc. Why is the league targeting YOU Cam?

Ok, go. I want to hear Cam's thought process.

Lmao.

K, lets go and walk through this for the 10th time:

NFL is specifically conspiring to ignore hits on Cam. This is exactly what is being implied by Cam. He is not calling out a single ref. He is painting with a broad brush. He is calling all refs/umps into question bc he is not getting calls that other QBs are getting. Such actions by Cam specifically call into question a possible league-wide conspiracy.

Why Cam. Why is that happening to YOU but not R wilson, Luck, Big Ben, Matty Ice, etc. Why is the league targeting YOU Cam?

Ok, go. I want to hear Cam's thought process.

Just to clarify my position, I don't think there's any conspiracy against Cam. I just think he's not getting the special treatment a handful of others are getting.

So he should just take it? But I'm sure Brady, Rodgers, or Brees won't say anything if it was happening to them. They're good ole boys.

Not fair for him to stand in and take it but he should go about his verbals in a different way IMO. Discuss it in private with the team, Rivera, then go to Rog n ask whats up. If the media gets ahold of something like this we end up with all sorts of different takes mostly attacking Cam because it makes for click bait. As for Brady, Brees et al they are a good ole boys network, calls are grandfathered in for them and IMO its a bunch of crap.

Just to clarify my position, I don't think there's any conspiracy against Cam. I just think he's not getting the special treatment a handful of others are getting.

I understand that you dont think its a conspiracy but Cam appears to believe so by his own words. If Cam says he doesnt get calls that other QBs get what is he really trying to say? What is he directly implying? The implication is clear. Is it right for him to say that? There are plenty of QBs who dont get calls. Theres only one Marsha. Lol

Why is everything Roger's fault? If someone farts in China the fashionable thing to do is blame Roger directly or indirectly.

The NFL has become the softest it has ever been during Roger's tenure. You cant look at a QB without getting flagged nowadays. The NFL has always been a violent sport. Roger has made it less violent. But people still want to complain? If youre that worried about the violent nature of todays pansy NFL then maybe its not the right sport for you. Maybe you should go pick up table tennis. See how much they pay you.

And no, Roger is not huddling with refs in a dark room at night scheming ways to blow calls on Cam and favor Brady. Come on people.

This is a pansy league? That's not a serious comment, is it?

I can't stand Cam but he is getting destroyed and not getting the same treatment that Brady, Brees, etc get. He has a valid point.

I still hate the dude.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. Don't like the guy but he's right, it's ridiculous that he takes the shots he does with no calls.

I hate this board at times. If he was the Bills QB and getting killed in the same way you would be screaming. TT got the Cameron treatment yesterday and this board went nuts.

Try being objective for just a moment before posting.

Not sure who you're referring to, perhaps the OP. As for me, i dont dislike Cam in any way. And as for the hit on TT, i agree it shouldve been a flag. The fact that it wasnt just goes to show how other QBs take hits as well and dont get the flags in their favor. TT didnt cry about it after the game to the media. Cam complaining about it makes it seem like hes the only one that takes hits; as if hes the exception. No, hes not.

Lots of interesting viewpoints here. I'll throw in one that's a little off-center:

If the Panthers were 5-2 or 6-1 instead of 2-5, would Cam be complaining as much? Or at all?

I'll start this off by saying that I think he's a mediocre QB and don't like him.

That being said, he started complaining the same night they lost to the broncos to open the season. If it was an isolated incident I would call him a cry baby also but he doesn't get the calls when he's still trying to pass the ball while outside of the pocket that others would likely get. Also the play against the Cards gets called form Brady 11 times out of 10. (helmet slaps and all).

Refs know how to protect certain star players. QBs are the most obvious, but other positions get it too. Just watch Antonio Brown repeatedly push off on his routes. Never a flag. Now have Robert Woods try that.

I think certain teams get that too. There was a play yesterday in which we got called for some tick tack defensive holding penalty that you could hardly see evidence of, and during the replay in the background we see Hogan with a huge push off to try and make the catch. Nothing to see there.

I'll never find the play without gamepass, but it was comical. It was on the dropped pass by Hogan in the endzone.

Edited by What a Tuel