What A Difference A Healthy Shady Makes

H2o

Two weeks ago it was a love fest on here. Whaley for "Exec.Of The Year", Shady for MVP, Ryan for "Coach Of The Year". Now the mentality known as Billspolar has kicked back in and everyone should be fired, or cut, or burned at the stake. The difference on offense is clearly Shady. Without him we are a shell of ourselves. Gilleslee is a quality compliment, but we NEED McCoy. He changes the whole dynamic of the offense as a whole and opens things up for everyone else. There are some tweaks that need to be made, some holes filled, and we need the injury gods to smile on us a little, but I don't see it as a blow the whole thing up scenario just yet.

well when your team abandons their run game, you cant expect to win either. there was no reason for the Bills to stop running the ball the way they did yesterday, or last sunday. both miami and NE were struggling to stop 36. but then we just stop running.

I think Gilleslee runs a bit more upright as well. He took a couple of pretty big shots yesterday. Shots that you don't see McCoy take very often, if at all. I think that had a bearing on how much he was used in the game as well.

I honestly did not think our running game was that bad yesterday.

the problem is when you have a offense putting up 40 points on you........its hard to run the ball

It's also hard to win. Against the patriots. A team that wins 12 every year, wins the division every year, and goes to the AFC championship every year.

Two weeks ago it was a love fest on here. Whaley for "Exec.Of The Year", Shady for MVP, Ryan for "Coach Of The Year". Now the mentality known as Billspolar has kicked back in and everyone should be fired, or cut, or burned at the stake. The difference on offense is clearly Shady. Without him we are a shell of ourselves. Gilleslee is a quality compliment, but we NEED McCoy. He changes the whole dynamic of the offense as a whole and opens things up for everyone else. There are some tweaks that need to be made, some holes filled, and we need the injury gods to smile on us a little, but I don't see it as a blow the whole thing up scenario just yet.

McCoy missing wasn't the problem. They lost for these reasons:

1. The play calling offensively was atrocious in the first half as Gillislee was running wild, and yet we were passing too often.
2. The receivers couldn't catch a cold in an elementary school nurses office.
3. The defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down
4. The officiating was very one sided on the calls and non-calls that contributed to points for New England. This was most evident by not even reviewing the J. Williams touchdown, before he scored again.

5. Tyrod has been awful in his accuracy most of the season.

Rex and the gang out-psyched themselves yesterday. Always do when it comes to the Patriots. You could feel the sideline panic once it was 7-3.

As jr1 stated - the Bills had 167 yards on the ground. MG could have had 100 yards by the half if Lynn didn't have a freak out and went to the pass. MG has shown that he is a very capable option next to McCoy. I was pleasantly surprised.

McCoy really masks the poor/insufficient play of Taylor. He has a sweet " bomb" throw but that is only seven points. We held swisher sweet Blount to 43 yards and Brady lit up the whole secondary. Rex isn't about the QB ie: Sanchez, Smith. Fish rots from the head. And what really sucks is our #1 after training camp and eight games through the season came into his first game and said he felt like he just got off the street. Dude is way to immature to be paid like that. Our Defense was the only way we could of kept that game close.

Donald Jones just eluded to what's been said. Players don't take care of themselves. Don't eat right and don't put the right things in their body and end up with hamstring issues.

Yeahhh McCoy is a joke

I actually figured all these hamstring issues was due to these guys being so jacked up now. I don't remember OJ ever being out with a hamstring. I'm not sure if they had them back in the 70s!

I actually figured all these hamstring issues was due to these guys being so jacked up now. I don't remember OJ ever being out with a hamstring. I'm not sure if they had them back in the 70s!

I know it sounds silly, but hamstrings are often an issue of neurological compensation patterns.

As in, the athlete sustains some type of lower-body injury at some point in his athletic career, and the brain alters the timing of the muscle firing pattern to avoid triggering a pain response. Over time, the muscular imbalance gets exaggerated due to compensation, and the slower-firing muscle takes the brunt of the force.

I honestly did not think our running game was that bad yesterday.

the problem is when you have a offense putting up 40 points on you........its hard to run the ball

None of the teams in the AFC East are built to keep up with the Patriots point for point with Brady at the helm. They won't beat them in a shootout. Their only chance of beating them is if it stays a low scoring defensive battle which doesn't happen often unless Brady is hurt or has a really off game. We'd have lost the first game had Brady been starting. Under 20 points wouldn't have done it against him.