What A Difference A Healthy Shady Makes

H2o

I know it sounds silly, but hamstrings are often an issue of neurological compensation patterns.

As in, the athlete sustains some type of lower-body injury at some point in his athletic career, and the brain alters the timing of the muscle firing pattern to avoid triggering a pain response. Over time, the muscular imbalance gets exaggerated due to compensation, and the slower-firing muscle takes the brunt of the force.

Cool thought, sounds like a spark plug firing within an engine analogy

This team is more than capable of running the ball without Mccoy... I blame the coaches for not running the ball more. This is the reason we lost the Miami game.

It isn't as much about that as it is passing the ball without McCoy. Defenses will commit more resources to the run game with McCoy in there than they will without him. He's a major weapon.

I actually figured all these hamstring issues was due to these guys being so jacked up now. I don't remember OJ ever being out with a hamstring. I'm not sure if they had them back in the 70s!

I remember Keith Lincoln, great RB for the Chargers, having Hamstring problems. Trainers, at that time, were saying the cause was too much weight training & not enough stretching.I don't know if that has ever been substantiated.

Practicing today - limited, but great sign

At this point I'd almost rather us let him sit out and come back after the bye week. I don't want him put on the field if he isn't a full go to take the chance of injuring it worse. Would rather have him completely healthy for the stretch run.

Shady would have had little impact on the result yesterday had he played.

Fun fact: when Shady was announced as not playing pre-game, the official line on the game in Vegas moved....

...ZERO POINTS.

Most people already figured he either wasn't playing or was going to be a non factor due to the injury. Betting lines typically don't move on player announcements unless it is something very unexpected and very important, like say Brady suddenly not playing because he was on his period. A money shift moves the line generally. Shady not playing was very expected.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It isn't as much about that as it is passing the ball without McCoy. Defenses will commit more resources to the run game with McCoy in there than they will without him. He's a major weapon.

When the Bills running game is rolling the response is to load up and make Tyrod throw it.

That is not just a McCoy thing.

The Jets.....already a top run D........totally sold out against the McCoy-less Bills run game in the finale last year. MG and Karlos had just torn up the Redskin and Dallas D's the prior two weeks......sans McCoy.

They made Tyrod throw the ball and he and Sammy had a field day.