OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Lol at Big Ben and Brady talk.

Not saying he's either of them. But if you guys had your way, they would never have become themselves either. He's in the middle of his second starting year and producing similar numbers, if not better.

Let the guy develop already

So Tyrod in his 6th year in the league is just barely better than rookie Big Ben/Tom Brady. Is that what we're latching on to?

Are you really counting his years on the bench? It's his second year starting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying he's either of them. But if you guys had your way, they would never have become themselves either. He's in the middle of his second starting year and producing similar numbers, if not better.

That's just not true.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Worse across the board except for INT%.

Bench time is development time, imo. (example Aaron Rodgers)

Tyrod would have needed to score 6 TDs. Other than that, the rest of the Bills are perfect.

Promo surely you can see this is not the point? Tyrod does not lose us games. He didn't lose us the game yesterday, he didn't lose us the game last week either. The only game where I'd say this year Tyrod was a major factor in the loss was week 1 where he was holding the ball and dancing about in the pocket whilst receivers were running free. The problem is I don't think he has been a major factor in wins either. We are basically trying to say our Quarterback will give you a neutral performance, won't turn the ball over or make mistakes and we will try and beat you with our other guys being better than your other guys. Those of us questioning whether Tyrod is "the guy" are questioning whether that is sustainable in the long term for being better than right around .500? Do I think Tyrod can get you to 8/9 wins and maybe with everything bouncing your way 10 wins? Yes. But that isn't going to make you a regular and consistent contender.

You think we didn't give Rob Johnson enough time to develop as a starter?

I'm saying he was a back-up for years and it didn't mean anything when he became a starter. Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Famer. It goes both ways

The problem yesterday was not on offense. The offense, despite Taylor's less than stellar performance put up 25 points. The Defense gave up 41. Combine that with last week's effort and the Jets loss and that's at least three of the 4 losses that fall squarely on the D. Time to hold the Ryan brothers accountable and stop bashing the QB.

The problem yesterday was not on offense. The offense, despite Taylor's less than stellar performance put up 25 points. The Defense gave up 41. Combine that with last week's effort and the Jets loss and that's at least three of the 4 losses that fall squarely on the D. Time to hold the Ryan brothers accountable and stop bashing the QB.

Or you can think, none of it is good enough......

Ryan was an advocate for Bringing in Taylor. He was his guy...

Qb sucked fat ones. We know you like him but come on man.

Promo surely you can see this is not the point? Tyrod does not lose us games. He didn't lose us the game yesterday, he didn't lose us the game last week either. The only game where I'd say this year Tyrod was a major factor in the loss was week 1 where he was holding the ball and dancing about in the pocket whilst receivers were running free. The problem is I don't think he has been a major factor in wins either. We are basically trying to say our Quarterback will give you a neutral performance, won't turn the ball over or make mistakes and we will try and beat you with our other guys being better than your other guys. Those of us questioning whether Tyrod is "the guy" are questioning whether that is sustainable in the long term for being better than right around .500? Do I think Tyrod can get you to 8/9 wins and maybe with everything bouncing your way 10 wins? Yes. But that isn't going to make you a regular and consistent contender.

Well said...

Good luck with that.

Well apparently one person does at least !!

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/ryan-defends-taylor-after-loss-to-pats/article_134d976a-9f20-11e6-b73e-17e1698fc0c9.html

But the thing of it is if you have a franchise QB they win with out a fully healthy roster !

All's Rex has to do or any body for that matter is look at Brady when he doesn't have all the parts, they have been in the hunt for what 12 years now with or with out all the pieces !!

Okay so the drops that the WR/TE made would help if they did their job so it can't completely be 100% on Tyrod but it all starts & ends with him !!